• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

I want there to be some sort of backpack area for eggs. You could unlock it when you hatch your first egg. It would save a whole lot of time.

Why would your bag magically grow a new pocket once you hatched an egg?? If that were a thing it would need to be available right away. I also can't imagine a pocket for eggs would work, because you still need free space in your party for when they hatch, which means any eggs in your bag pocket wouldn't even be able to hatch if your party is full.

Day-Care Man is an idiot. Every time an egg is made, he always tells you that he has no idea where it came from, even though there are probably a mess (no pun intended) of tell-tale signs that your Pokémon got knocked up.

Day-Care Man is also a jerk. As soon as an egg is made, he takes it from its parents until the trainer comes to get it. If the trainer refuses, he keeps the egg for himself. How would you feel if you just became a parent, but some old guy you've never seen before and likely don't trust steals your kid from you?

These two things, I want them to change.

How are your Pokemon suppose to keep the egg if you refuse it?? Where is it going to go once you take your Pokemon back from the day care centre??
Why should you be able to decide whether or not to keep your Pokémon's egg? Your Pokémon probably wants to keep it. They're the egg's parents, so they should be the ones to decide whether or not to keep it. I don't think many people'd be happy if someone else decided for them, whether or not they're allowed to keep their child.

I want there to be some sort of backpack area for eggs. You could unlock it when you hatch your first egg. It would save a whole lot of time.

Why would your bag magically grow a new pocket once you hatched an egg?? If that were a thing it would need to be available right away. I also can't imagine a pocket for eggs would work, because you still need free space in your party for when they hatch, which means any eggs in your bag pocket wouldn't even be able to hatch if your party is full.

The problem here is easily solved. An egg won't hatch until you're party has free space. The egg cycles will just go negative, and keep dropping until the party gets space. When it does get space, and an egg cycle is finished, the egg with the lowest number of egg cycles left (including negatives) will be the first to hatch; an egg with -57 egg cycles left will hatch before an egg with -28 egg cycles left.

Day-Care Man is an idiot. Every time an egg is made, he always tells you that he has no idea where it came from, even though there are probably a mess (no pun intended) of tell-tale signs that your Pokémon got knocked up.

Day-Care Man is also a jerk. As soon as an egg is made, he takes it from its parents until the trainer comes to get it. If the trainer refuses, he keeps the egg for himself. How would you feel if you just became a parent, but some old guy you've never seen before and likely don't trust steals your kid from you?

How are your Pokemon suppose to keep the egg if you refuse it?? Where is it going to go once you take your Pokemon back from the day care centre??
Why should you be able to decide whether or not to keep your Pokémon's egg? Your Pokémon probably wants to keep it. They're the egg's parents, so they should be the ones to decide whether or not to keep it. I don't think many people'd be happy if someone else decided for them, whether or not they're allowed to keep their child.

The problem here is easily solved. An egg won't hatch until you're party has free space. The egg cycles will just go negative, and keep dropping until the party gets space. When it does get space, and an egg cycle is finished, the egg with the lowest number of egg cycles left (including negatives) will be the first to hatch; an egg with -57 egg cycles left will hatch before an egg with -28 egg cycles left.

So basically, what you're suggesting is that what should happen is that we put our Pokemon in the day care centre to breed Pokemon so we cannot keep the eggs. Then what would be the point of breeding at all?? We can't keep the eggs, and our Pokemon can't keep the eggs with them once we withdraw them from the day care centre, so what's the point??

Also, it's pretty pointless arguing the cruelness of making our Pokemon breed and then keep the eggs ourselves, in a world where we literally capture Pokemon just to make them beat each other up.

So basically, what you're suggesting is that what should happen is that we put our Pokemon in the day care centre to breed Pokemon so we cannot keep the eggs. Then what would be the point of breeding at all?? We can't keep the eggs, and our Pokemon can't keep the eggs with them once we withdraw them from the day care centre, so what's the point??

Also, it's pretty pointless arguing the cruelness of making our Pokemon breed and then keep the eggs ourselves, in a world where we literally capture Pokemon just to make them beat each other up.

But you can keep the eggs! The player decides whether or not the Pokémon wants the egg, but not the player character. It will ask the Pokémon, but the player still chooses yes or no.

Humans share a loving bond with Pokémon, we don't capture them for them to beat each other up. We work together, in hard times and fun times, for better or for worse. We're friends, not Master and Pet.

I wish the Day-Care had a playground/field where you can interact with the Pokemons you left. Also, a separate incubating pen where they keep the eggs. I wish they'd hatch the eggs for me as well. So I can check once in a while and release the ones on the spot if they don't have the ability/nature I want. I'll be registered as the OT once I pick the pokemon up, and newly hatched pokemons won't level up until the owner takes them.

But you can keep the eggs! The player decides whether or not the Pokémon wants the egg, but not the player character. It will ask the Pokémon, but the player still chooses yes or no.

Humans share a loving bond with Pokémon, we don't capture them for them to beat each other up. We work together, in hard times and fun times, for better or for worse. We're friends, not Master and Pet.

...I honestly do not understand what you're trying to say. So the day care man ask the Pokemon if the Pokemon wants to keep the egg, but we're the ones still deciding on if we want the egg or not?? I don't understand any point in that.

Technically none of us know where eggs come from or how they get there. It's never described it to us. It is the Pokemon World after all, chances are Pokemon eggs are still a mystery which is why he doesn't know where they come from. We can't necessarily call him an idiot for that, as none of us are any wiser on how they come into existence exactly.

I also do not think he's a jerk either. The Pokemon cannot keep the eggs themselves, so if we choose not to keep them, who better to go to than an elderly couple who spend all their time raising Pokemon?? it's either we raise them or they do, I don't see any better alternative to that, and I also do not see what's wrong with that. Better that than him just throwing it away.

[

Man, it is a game, I think you are taking this way too seriously, and I think it is a bit off-topic too!

2ue1wt4.gif

Last edited:

Man, it is a game, I think you are taking this way too seriously, and I think it is a bit off-topic too!

2ue1wt4.gif

How am I the one taking this too seriously?? I have the same viewpoint as you, it's just a game. I'm not the one complaining that the day care people are jerks for taking away eggs from their parents.

2ue1wt4.gif

How am I the one taking this too seriously?? I have the same viewpoint as you, it's just a game. I'm not the one complaining that the day care people are jerks for taking away eggs from their parents.

That was a quote of the entire conversation. Chrome messed it up, hold on...

2ue1wt4.gif

I think it is still a little messed up. The quote from username and myself have seemingly fused together.

2ue1wt4.gif

I think it is still a little messed up. The quote from username and myself have seemingly fused together.

Ahh well, people know what I mean anyway.

My opinion is just different than yours, I guess. No sense in arguing about it.

I want an Ice/Fire-Type Pokémon. It will have the ability to manipulate heat.

Hi. I'm ZoroarkPKMN. I'm new here. But enough of that. Let me start talking.

I want to see a fighting-type kangaroo or an ice/flying-type reindeer somewhere. And maybe a koala Pokemon.

Hi. I'm ZoroarkPKMN. I'm new here. But enough of that. Let me start talking.

I want to see a fighting-type kangaroo or an ice/flying-type reindeer somewhere. And maybe a koala Pokemon.

Breloom is fighting-type kangaroo. Unless you want a pure fighting type.

I was thinking pure-fighting type. Like something with boxing gloves and shorts XD

No. Also, all formes of Kyurem are Ice-Dragon.

Maybe after XY, they should create a region that is based in mountains, with beaches and forests on Plateaus and low land. If they make the opening town at the peak of the mountains, maybe the starter pokemon could be Fire/Ice, Grass/Ice and Water/Ice.

In Gen 6, I would love to see a modern twist somewhere on Hoenn, as that is the only region that has not been incorporated into the newer games... Sinnoh, and Unova are new, Kanto and Jhoto were in HGSS which is still pretty new. I would love to see a remake of Sinnoh in the polygon-3D style that Gen 6 is introducing, rather than the 32x32 sprite map style that Gen 1-5 had. The distortion world in 8 way 3D movement would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom