• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want in Gen 6?

The #1 thing for me is; using some constraint when making the designs of the next batch of new Pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I think diversity should be embraced but It felt like this gen and some of the last one were a bit over the top. For starters, maybe try not to do so many Pokemon based on human culture or inventions. To compliment this, it might be a good idea to release less Pokemon each gen (maybe, only 50-75?)

2. I would also make sure the region is very diverse and non-linear because exploration is one of Pokemon's highlights for me. If kids need help, why not just provide a hint book or something in the key items, or even hint videos like they did in the Zelda Ocarina of Time on 3DS? I want to feel accomplished for going off the beaten path and discovering that some hidden area was much deeper than I thought it would be.

3. Expand upon new features of the previous generation. This is highly important for every generation really. I want to see them do things like taking entralink 1 step further and allowing anybody to go anywhere in another person's game, possible even over wi-fi. Or having difficulty settings available from the very start. Or having battle frontier return again, this time with the ability to do tag battles with any random person in the world! And definitely, include some Pokemon from every generation in a massive regional dex, much like BW2 is doing already.

I would like to see them maybe have more choice for the player in terms of gym battles. For example, out of the 8 gyms, five or so can be taken out in any order you choose. BUT, that does leave a problem: the levels of the gym trainers pokemon. What I'd suggest for that would be a system in the game that sets the levels (and evolutions of pokemon when necessary) so that if you choose lets say a rock gym before a water one, the rock gym would have weaker pokemon than the water one, and vice versa. But, once you choose which town you want to go to a gym, no other "free-choice" gym would be accessible (so no taking care of two gyms at the same time).

I would like to see them maybe have more choice for the player in terms of gym battles. For example, out of the 8 gyms, five or so can be taken out in any order you choose. BUT, that does leave a problem: the levels of the gym trainers pokemon. What I'd suggest for that would be a system in the game that sets the levels (and evolutions of pokemon when necessary) so that if you choose lets say a rock gym before a water one, the rock gym would have weaker pokemon than the water one, and vice versa. But, once you choose which town you want to go to a gym, no other "free-choice" gym would be accessible (so no taking care of two gyms at the same time).

I like that idea, i really do but i see one problem with that, Whats the wild pokemon's levels gonna be? doesnt make sense for a gym to have pokemon level say 30 around an area that has pokemon lv 10-15.

But that does give me an idea that say after you beat the whole game, E4 etc, Routes earlier on in the games start to have higher, more evolved Pokemon and goes through all the routes, so say you see a Pidgey in route 2, lv 3, after the game you can find Pidgettos in the same area, higher leveled just rare but not 1% rarity. idk just an idea

I really want them secret bases back. Those were fun.

At the very least only the basic HM's (fly strength and surf) to be HMs you can go up waterfalls and dive using surf, break and move rocks using strength and fly using fly no need for so many hms

• A game based on Australia. I'm of sick nobody caring about us down here. >_>

Same for the whole of europe buddy it took 5 gens just to get to USA so at least a few more gens of USA before Australia/New Zealand or Europe

And don't forget South America. We have the Andes here, where Mew is supposed to be from. We also have very vast jungles, deserts, and tons of cities. Venezuelan beaches are very pretty and there a lot of different interesting places they could base some things on, like Machu Pichu in Peru, the pyramids in Mexico, and many more.

Sorry if this has already been said before, but including some travel between regions would be great (it was a treat in HG and SS), the chance to catch previously unobtainable legendaries (though they'd make it a big challenge) or maybe just encounter them in another trainer's care. Different types, a Normal/Ghost? Maybe even chucking in a 3rd type (which would screw up the whole system I imagine). I guess I'd just like to see them get really creative with the formula, heck how about making it so when the Pokemon attack (in their archaic turn based style) you actually see them strike the other opponent instead of just gesture at them with colour and sound effects? Would be nice. There's a lot they can do with an already great legacy!

At the very least only the basic HM's (fly strength and surf) to be HMs you can go up waterfalls and dive using surf, break and move rocks using strength and fly using fly no need for so many hms
Funny, I've been modifying my blogs on here recently for my fictional Onoka region, and decided to search the forums (deciding on this thread) to find up and post on just the topic of HM's. (Just some back story for the post.)

Anyway, I've decided that Strength and Fly could technically be TMs, because in Black and White, while you may need one (Strength) to get into an area, you won't need it to escape from an area (when you move a rock into a hole in Black and White, it stays there permanently). Fly, of course, is not used to get into new areas at all. Waterfall could also be a TM if they gave you the ability to go down waterfalls without use of the move, and if they made the terrain accordingly.

That said, the status of the moves (that of being HM's) sorta points to their nature as map and puzzle-based, which I kinda like. It'd be good if there were a new class of Technical Machines, my proposal of name being "Field Machines." What would also be neat is if Surf once activated was like Strength (which leaves you with the ability to move rocks that can be moved), so that you could just walk onto water after coming ashore.

~

An idea I've had after leaving the thread is that key items could be used for "field effects" (that term should definitely be widely adopted by all possible parties), where they'd require a compatible pokemon within your party to be selected for compliance. In this manner, a move would not have to be deleted at all.

Last edited:
How about 5 starters? Not particularly necessary but just better in the way that rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock is far nerdier and more awesome than the plain, old rock, paper, scissors =D

Fire/Poison, Ice, Grass, Rock and Ground/Psychic possibly?

Could incorporate more rivals, two of whom will have an advantage and two a disadvantage to you...

A Ruby and Sapphire remake would be great, in the post game why not visit Sinnoh and battle all the gym leaders there. Like how in HGSS when you visit Kanto. Great new design for Sinnoh Starter Character.
Pokemon.png

I want a change in the type chart, like happened in GenI/GenII... I think Poison should be Superefective against Water (water bodies like lakes and oceans are extremely easy to contaminate). Or Ice and Water mutually not very effective (since it doesn't allow Ice be super effective against Water by the simple fact that water freezes easily ¬¬)

NO MOAR FIRE/FIGHTING STARTERS!!! D:

And don't forget South America. We have the Andes here, where Mew is supposed to be from.
and Xatu ;D

One of the reasons why I loved black and white, is because I had not to spend a slot in my team for having a HMslave ;D

Last edited:
I would like:

-a feature to visit all previous regions, and to be able to get a starter from each.

-a SECOND SAVE FILE for God's sake

-a legendary Dragon/Fighting type Pokemon. and with two additional formes, like Kyurem :)

-a unique starter type combination, like, say, Grass/Dragon, Fire/Ice, and Water/Electric

-full battle (all six Pokemon out)

No doubt about it I'd not like the location to be that far away- the idea of unvoa being far away was rediculous limitizing the pokemon that appeared in Gen V's pokedex (although this has kind of been rectified now)

The reason I want them to be near other locations is that if a RSE remake does not happen, I'd like to hope that hoenn could be near the gen VI region so both can be explored in one game like Johto and Hoenn (GSC Or HGSS)

A region based on a European country, we've had UNOVA representing USA, we've had 4 Japanese regions, where is the love for Europe? Maybe we're not getting one, maybe Game Freak still hasn't forgiven Europe for forcing them to remove the Game Corner in international releases of HGSS and in all new games since.

Off topic slightly, but was it ever confirmed that UNOVA stood for UNited states OV America, or did I just hear that on the rumour mill? If it was true, then maybe United States is covered.

Back
Top Bottom