• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Eevee evolution would you like to see in the next gen?

I would REALLY like a ghost and dragon type Eeveelution! Some of the fan art for both types look really great so hopefully GF can get some designs that look just as great :D

At this stage, i hope a poison or steel eeve evolution to be released in the next Kalos game.

Particularly want a ghost, flying or steel.

Given how many Eeveelutions we have now, I'll wager that sooner or later, we will have one for every type. And I'll even wager that they may introduce a couple more types, to round out the chart

As for what to for in this Gen or the next? Based in Sylveon being a Fairy type, I'd say a Dragon, Steel, or Poison type Eeveelution will be made next

I've been wanting a Ghost type for the longest time, but I can't seem to shake off this feeling that it would mean I've literally just murdered my Eevee.

I really kinda wish these Eeveelutions would just stop before it turns into straight up fanservice, but if I was forced to choose I'd have to say Bug type or maybe Poison since these two types get almost no representation of even use for that matter.

I really want to see a Dragon type. It's the only Special type that's not covered yet (assuming Fairy would have been Special) and it's long over due.

Gen 6 would have been the perfect opportunity. In Gen 2 they introduced the Psychic eevelution, with the other being stronger, aka the brand new Dark type.
SO why couldnt gen 6 introduce the Dragon evolution, with the other being stronger, aka the brand new fairy type.

Heck even in gen 4 we got grass and then ice which was strong against it. The pattern should have followed. Drageon is long over due!

As for the other types, I'd like to see a new Pokemon, sort of parralel to Eevee, that can evolve into the Physical types.

I really want to see a Dragon type. It's the only Special type that's not covered yet (assuming Fairy would have been Special) and it's long over due.

Gen 6 would have been the perfect opportunity. In Gen 2 they introduced the Psychic eevelution, with the other being stronger, aka the brand new Dark type.
SO why couldnt gen 6 introduce the Dragon evolution, with the other being stronger, aka the brand new fairy type.

Heck even in gen 4 we got grass and then ice which was strong against it. The pattern should have followed. Drageon is long over due!

As for the other types, I'd like to see a new Pokemon, sort of parralel to Eevee, that can evolve into the Physical types.

Why does there need to be a whole separate Pokemon for physical types. I just dont get it. It would be so much easier to just give them to Eevee. If they ever did that, Id personallt be extremely disappointed.

Why does there need to be a whole separate Pokemon for physical types. I just dont get it. It would be so much easier to just give them to Eevee. If they ever did that, Id personallt be extremely disappointed.

1 Pokemon with 18 evolutions would be a bit unwieldy. Also there is a clear divide, in that Eevee has so far only gained Special type evolutions. There is no way that is pure coincidence, that of its 8 evolutions, all of them came from the special category.

1 Pokemon with 18 evolutions would be a bit unwieldy. Also there is a clear divide, in that Eevee has so far only gained Special type evolutions. There is no way that is pure coincidence, that of its 8 evolutions, all of them came from the special category.
My personal take on Eevee was it was meant to evolve into all types. I think it should be finished. The thought of it not getting those "physical" types seems kinda unfair to Eevee, thats my take on it, others might disagree, but I have a need to see Eeveelutions personally filling the remaining types.

Special and physical types became irrelevant from Gen IV onwards; there's no reason for them to stick to that anymore. And well I guess they aren't sticking to it anyway now we have Sylveon, whose type wasn't special because it didn't even exist at all. And no, just because you think Fairy would be a special type if it existed at the time doesn't support it, because for all we know Fairy could have been physical like Ghost was.

A Dragon Eevee is so overhyped and Dragons in general are just overhyped and overused in the game, I think it would be nice to see something considered less "mainstream" get the spot like a Fighting, Ground, Steel, etc one. I'd quite like a Fighting one now I think about it just to see how they handle it. Hopefully no fists x_x

I mean it's an Eeveelution so it's going to be popular regardless of its type. I don't think they'd need to choose the most popular option to succeed when people eat them up no matter what.

Special and physical types became irrelevant from Gen IV onwards; there's no reason for them to stick to that anymore. And well I guess they aren't sticking to it anyway now we have Sylveon, whose type wasn't special because it didn't even exist at all. And no, just because you think Fairy would be a special type if it existed at the time doesn't support it, because for all we know Fairy could have been physical like Ghost was.

A Dragon Eevee is so overhyped and Dragons in general are just overhyped and overused in the game, I think it would be nice to see something considered less "mainstream" get the spot like a Fighting, Ground, Steel, etc one. I'd quite like a Fighting one now I think about it just to see how they handle it. Hopefully no fists x_x

I mean it's an Eeveelution so it's going to be popular regardless of its type. I don't think they'd need to choose the most popular option to succeed when people eat them up no matter what.
You say its irrelevant yet here we are 2 gens later and still no physical type eevelution

And yes it not confirmed but it obvious that fairy is special for the reason that duh it's magic and because it the only one with a space even bulba pedia has it in the column with the special types

You say its irrelevant yet here we are 2 gens later and still no physical type eevelution

I say it's irrelevant in that they don't have to stick to it now it's no longer a thing. Which they clearly haven't stuck to it, when they introduced Sylveon before (and without) a Dragon one.

And yes it not confirmed but it obvious that fairy is special for the reason that duh it's magic

"It's obvious that Ghost should be special for the reason that duh it's spirits"

even bulba pedia has it in the column with the special types

And? Bulbapedia isn't run by Game Freak so I don't care how they have it arranged lol

I say it's irrelevant in that they don't have to stick to it now it's no longer a thing. Which they clearly haven't stuck to it, when they introduced Sylveon before (and without) a Dragon one.

And yes it not confirmed but it obvious that fairy is special for the reason that duh it's magic

"It's obvious that Ghost should be special for the reason that duh it's spirits"

even bulba pedia has it in the column with the special types

And? Bulbapedia isn't run by Game Freak so I don't care how they have it arranged lol
You say its irrelevant therefore it is irrelevant? and then in the next line berate bulbapedia as its not run by game freak. Do you work for game freak?

And yeah the ghost Dragon split always felt slightly off to me too. But we just have to accept it.

Fighting however is definitely physical

You say its irrelevant therefore it is irrelevant? and then in the next line berate bulbapedia as its not run by game freak. Do you work for game freak?

If it's no longer a factor/mechanic in the games then why should (or would) they still adhere to it? If it's not a factor in the games then yes it's irrelevant. Unless you still consider something like... crits being based on Speed, limited use TMs or pre-Fairy type retcons relevant?

And yeah the ghost Dragon split always felt slightly off to me too. But we just have to accept it.

I'm not questioning accepting it. You're saying Fairy is "obviously" special when Ghost, which most would think is "obviously" special, is physical. I'm just saying no one can say that Fairy would be a special type.

I don't get people who say there shouldn't be anymore. I mean, you just don't evolve your Eevee if you don't like. What is the point of "No! It should not exist anymore!" attitude?
it's not that i don't want another Eeveelution, it's just that they're starting to get a little bit convoluted. the original three and the original expansion pack work out okay because they're not the only ones to use that evolution method. but for Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon, they are the only Pokemon in the game that those specific locations for evolution and an Amie-tied evolution method respectively.

And yes it not confirmed but it obvious that fairy is special for the reason that duh it's magic and because it the only one with a space even bulba pedia has it in the column with the special types
because biting someone is DUH physical and yet there we were with special Dark. it's in the "special" column for visual symmetry. prior to the release of Fairy there was a blank spot there and there is absolutely no reason to put it under Steel. while it's likely that Fairy would've been special because all of its attacks are special, it could've been like Dark, where all of its attacks prior to the split were physical.

Last edited:
it's not that i don't want another Eeveelution, it's just that they're starting to get a little bit convoluted. the original three and the original expansion pack work out okay because they're not the only ones to use that evolution method. but for Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon, they are the only Pokemon in the game that those specific locations for evolution and an Amie-tied evolution method respectively.

because biting someone is DUH physical and yet there we were with special Dark.
well all moves had some that didnt make sense, like ice punch being special for example
it's in the "special" column for visual symmetry. prior to the release of Fairy there was a blank spot there and there is absolutely no reason to put it under Steel.
well they could have split in under both, so sort of halfway between the 2
while it's likely that Fairy would've been special because all of its attacks are special,
EXACTLY this is all im saying, yes we will never have confirmation but its extremely likely, and the eeveelution lends itself to that as well. So once again your agreeing with someone while trying to make an argument out of it!
it could've been like Dark, where all of its attacks prior to the split were Dark.

I don't follow sorry.

well all moves had some that didnt make sense, like ice punch being special for example
right which is why an entire type was special when it didn't make sense at all because all of their moves were certainly physical.

well they could have split in under both, so sort of halfway between the 2
no reason to. already an open space. placing it under the ???-type would not be visually smart.

EXACTLY this is all im saying, yes we will never have confirmation but its extremely likely, and the eeveelution lends itself to that as well. So once again your agreeing with someone while trying to make an argument out of it!
1) i did not say extremely likely, i only said likely.
2) and as i and others have pointed out, there were oddballs that did not match-up (Dark, Ghost).
3) just because i agree with a conclusion (that Fairy-types likely would've Special) does not mean i agree with you. i do not think the reason Eevee gained Sylveon because "it would've been special," so much as they wanted to show off the new type (similarly with Dark).

I don't follow sorry.
it's a slight typo. you should've been able to figure it out.

The whole physical/special Eeveelution thing is a pretty silly thing to believe. I can't understand how some readily trust it other than people like to think that there can be more to a coincidence.

Personally I believe that Eeveelutions are designed according to what roles Gamefreak wants them to perform for their premiere generation and games.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom