• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What games or consoles do you regret getting rid of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
It looks like no one has made a thread about this yet, so I think I'll give it a shot. Out of all of the games and/or consoles you've sold or given away, which ones did you eventually regret getting rid of?

For me, I somewhat regret getting rid of my PS2 game collection, which I sold to GameStop about 10 years ago so that I could afford an Xbox 360. That meant getting rid of awesome games that I loved like Kingdom Hearts, Soulcalibur, Burnout, and much more. What's worse is that I ended up not even playing the 360 that much due to the massive amount of schoolwork that started consuming my life around that time. And just when I started getting back into gaming again, the 360 ended up dying on me, which meant that I had gotten rid of my PS2 games for basically nothing. However, this did lead me to replace it with a PS3, which thankfully made many of my old PS2 games available to me again via HD remakes, which also gave me the opportunity to discover other games from the PS2 era that I hadn't played.

As far as consoles go, I regret getting rid of my GameCube at the time that I did. Like the PS2, I sold it to GameStop in order to get a 360. I had actually originally planned to sell the GameCube in order to get a Wii instead of a 360, but it was practically impossible to find a Wii at the time, so I settled for the 360. In retrospect, I probably should have just kept the GameCube until the Wii came back in stock (though it probably would've been worth much less later, which could've been part of the reason why I decided to settle in the first place). I didn't get another Nintendo console until late last year with the Wii U, which meant that I ended up missing an entire decade's worth of Nintendo games...

Last edited:
I sold an Xbox 360 for Wii U money.

Now I want to play a bunch of 360 games that aren't on the Xbox One BC list.

I keep all of my consoles (hell, I still have an SNES in storage somewhere, hopefully it still works). However, I do not still have my NES, which was my first console. I didn't give it away or sell it but it literally died in a fire :\ I do regret not still having it, although can't really say the fire was my fault ^^;; (some guys were painting the house and used a blowtorch? For reasons? I don't even know. We were leaving the country but going to rent out the house so we were sprucing it up, but a lot of our stuff was in the attic to consolidate the stuff for the move in one place, including my NES)

My Game Boy Advance. I loved playing Summon Night 2: Swordcraft Story, got hit with major nostalgia, but now I can't play anymore. :(

I sold off the GBA Lunar and Lufia titles. Now I want to play those again.

I gave all my Nintendo 64 games to a friend when I was about 11 or 12 years old. Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Pokemon Snap... I've managed to replace a couple of the games on that list, but not enough of them. I really miss Star Fox and Mario in particular... *sobs*

Back in 2009 when I was really strapped for money, I sold off a bunch of items in my collection, including video games, on eBay. Amongst the pack were a copy of Pokemon Blue and Pinball with the boxes and manuals intact. Since I want to own every single Pokemon game ever made, getting back these particular games is going to be a challenge.

I dare to call myself a hardcore Pokemon fan, too! ;.;

PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond. For some reason it was amongst a load of DVDs my Dad didn't want a couple of years ago, that he took to a trade shop, and I never saw it again :( I really enjoyed the game too, I loved battling the Pokémon and doing all the mini games. I will probably get it again soon it's just not a go-to priority right now tbh.

I kinda miss my Game Boy Advance, as well as my entire collection of GBA games. I sold them about 5 years ago because I wanted to get rid of them while they were still in good condition. I had a lot of good games on there too. A year later I sold nearly half of my PS2 games (among them Final Fantasy XII, one of the few Final Fantasy games I actually enjoyed, and Tomb Raider Legend, which I had a lot of fun with despite the short length). I miss a lot of those. Still, I don't plan on buying them back since a lot of the games I sold are becoming harder to find. Not every PS1/PS2 game makes it to the PlayStation Store.

I sold my original red DS to get some trade-in credit a couple years ago, and even though I still have my DS Lite and DSi, I kinda miss the old DS for nostalgia's sake. Also regret selling this one Rugrats game (it was a boardgame type thing with a ruins place, underwater, and a Reptar mountain or something?) I had on the N64. It wasn't very good, but I think about it sometimes and wish I could play it just for old time's sake.

I used to have a GameCube a while back, and even had Path of Radiance for a really good price. While I still have a Wii to play GC games on, most of the games I had on the GameCube are gone, including Pokémon Stadium and *sigh* Path of Radiance.

Rune Factory Frontier, Rune Factory Oceans, Bayonetta, Catherine... All games I sold because I thought my siblings were getting rid of their Wii/PS3. I plan to get myself a Wii U though so I can at least get 3/4 back somehow.

I've long regretted getting rid of all my Pokémon GB games, from Generations I and II after doing so in January 2006, when at that time I tried getting out of Pokémon. I only got back into Pokémon gaming on an actual Nintendo handheld just a year-and-a-half ago buying a pre-owned 2DS and Alpha Sapphire. Needless to say, though, I was glad when Red, Blue, and Yellow were re-released to the 3DS Virtual Console for #Pokémon20, and I am hoping Generation II's entries get a similar treatment as well at some point in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom