• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What version do you plan on getting?

Which version will you get?

• Scarlet

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Violet

Votes: 34 73.9%

• Total voters
Scarlet. I like Professor Sada better over her male sci-fi counterpart, I like Koraidon better, as it actually looks like a Pokemon (although it also looks like a monster from the Synchro Era in Yu-Gi-Oh, as does its counterpart), I like the Torch Soul MegaMan Mon (aka: Armorogue) over the Proto Chaos MegaMan Mon (aka: Ceruledge), and I like the color scarlet better than violet in general.

First weekend of this month I stopped by Gamestop and pre-ordered Violet. It is official. I'm sticking to the cool colored version! (Also got a squishy soft sleeping charmander plush but that's a whole other story... the dude that works there knows I come for pokemon related things now too lol)

If I were still on the fence at this point, the megaman looking exclusive would have sold me permanently. Its just so pretty. And cold fire-y. And stabby. I like it. It's the same height as me.

The player character color palette for Pokémon Violet seems to be nicer than Pokémon Scarlet, but I always go with the initial titles as a tradition. (Even Ponyta could not make me buy Shield.) I don't think I'd be changing it now. Most likely Scarlet for me.

Okay a genuine update, this could be one of the rare times I am not going for the initial title. The professor, the Legendary boxart, past/future theme, version exclusives, the outfits. Overall everything makes me lean towards Violet. I have not yet pre-ordered the version I want, but it is very likely to be Violet at this stage.

Considering the Yu-Gi-Oh! memes possible with Miraidon, I wanted Violet first, but I've switched to Scarlet for the time being because Koraidon simply radiates way more personality through his model expressions. In the end, there's still too little info on what will be where for me to have it set in stone, but for now it's Scarlet.

Violet mainly because my friend is also playing Violet and we want to play it together and see what happened in our runs. But also another factor why I chose Violet is because it’s like my dogs name Velvet and it makes me happy.

I have planned for a while on getting Violet. Recent developments have made me question whether I’ll bother getting either version, even though I’ve never missed a release - but if I do, it’s definitely still Violet.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom