• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games are you playing now?

Thanks for the tips, you two. I've been playing this game so slowly I'm probably gonna play through it again so I'm not forgetting things in between sessions, and I've heard the game actually encourages you to do that to make sense of the plot, heh. But it's so... so... hard. So many little systems to keep track of in order to see the most growth in your character, so much to keep on top of all at once during combat, but it's dense and complex in a good way, I'm really really liking this game when it's not kicking my ass. The way you're telling me to play "defensive" has me worried, though... oh lord. The last stretch of my fight with Sho was reduced to Neku running around the bottom screen just to stay alive while I constantly dodged with Joshua and nicked Sho with every tiny little peck that I get on him until finally his health was whittled down to zero. That was stressful. I can't imagine how I'm gonna deal with a boss supposedly harder than that.
Light puck, that is my biggest piece of advice. You can afford to ignore it in early game, but later on, do everything you can to keep that rally going, the attack bonus is NOT something you can afford to pass up. Yeah, there are secret reports written by... one of the characters, to collect by replaying days and completing various objectives.

Harvest Moon- A New Beginning. Trying to build new houses.

Bravely Second - Just got the Yokai job. Now I'm Running around finding the best spot to grind for JP. I almost have enough money to get the accessory that gives double JP too. After getting that item I intend to start fighting all the deadly sins for the Yokai job.

I can't imagine how I'm gonna deal with a boss supposedly harder than that.
And it's not even the week's Game Master (her battle is very puzzle-based, but you will get some extra help to defeat her), let alone the game's final boss. The day 6 boss is a Taboo Noise, and not like the previous day 5 boss where Joshua decided to just up and nuke it for you.

And it's not even the week's Game Master (her battle is very puzzle-based, but you will get some extra help to defeat her), let alone the game's final boss. The day 6 boss is a Taboo Noise, and not like the previous day 5 boss where Joshua decided to just up and nuke it for you.
Ooooohh, THAT'S day 6, I meant day 5. Day 6 was easy, day 5 will crush your soul.

Ooooohh, THAT'S day 6, I meant day 5. Day 6 was easy, day 5 will crush your soul.

Wait a second, are you telling me I have... *counting on fingers* four bosses coming up?! I'm a few days into week 3 at the moment, I just fought the big bat that kills the lights. I'm pretty sure it was a rehash of the first real boss in week 1, right? It was really easy this time, I suppose the game's way of showing me how far I've come. Four bosses in my future... and you're telling me to pay attention to the light puck?! I'm doomed.

Oh, yeah, THAT day 5 ... not the first time you've faced that boss, but by day 5 the gloves are DEFINITELY taken off. There are only two bosses in the game with cinematic super attacks and the day 5 boss is one of them.

Wait a second, are you telling me I have... *counting on fingers* four bosses coming up?! I'm a few days into week 3 at the moment, I just fought the big bat that kills the lights. I'm pretty sure it was a rehash of the first real boss in week 1, right? It was really easy this time, I suppose the game's way of showing me how far I've come. Four bosses in my future... and you're telling me to pay attention to the light puck?! I'm doomed.
Let's see... Day 3 has one boss, heals itself, long haul, Partner takes serious abuse, watch out for that, Day 4 has 2, one is easy, the other somewhat harder, Day 5 has one, soul-crushing fight, Day 6 has the taboo noise that's not too difficult, but it teleports about so you may find that tricky, Day 7... Hoo Day 7, has the game master (duh), puzzle based, but you get the hint early in the day (before you go too far I'd suggest inspecting a specific object (you can't miss it), you'll get a magnificent item (massive bravery cost though)), Then there's another boss, not too hard, then another boss, twice, very, very easy though, then
The last battle, tough, especially given that you have to fight it with only Neku.
So in the 5 days after that bat, you've got a total of 10 bosses to look forward to, have fun.

I've changed my mind, I give up video games for ever, never posting in this thread again, goodbye world.
See you next week. :)

One stage I'm working on in Mario Maker will be a mind screw -- you're dared to complete the stage without scoring any points. And as if that wasn't hard enough, there will be a boss battle at the end of it.

In Odin Sphere, I'd almost forgotten how much I hate the boss battle against Beldor. Seriously, how did this boss battle make it through QA? WAY too difficult. But there's some consolation in knowing that the Axe Knights are pretty much guaranteed to jump-attack you any time you flinch them (or knock them down). Hit and run, Mercedes, hit and run! ...It also helped that I stored up enough power for five Piercing Shot specials, which made it a lot easier to take them out so that I could just focus on Beldor uninterrupted.

The new version is supposed to be releasing tomorrow (awesome) and I already looked up GameXplain showing off two of the early levels. Wow, there's certainly a lot of changes and new content beyond just your character's attack skills. Plus the bosses have new moves too.

Pokemon X and AS, FE Fates Revelation, and JJBA All Star Battle; JJBA Eyes of Heaven comes out this month, so I'll be playing that once I get it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom