• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will you get: Pokemon X & Pokemon Y

Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 104 35.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 82 28.1%
  • Both

Votes: 91 31.2%
  • None

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Wut?

Votes: 13 4.5%

• Total voters
As I always get the primary version, I'm gonna get X this time. :p I slightly prefer the Y legendary but the X is still very appealing to me. Hopefully the version exclusives are good. :)

Although a certain webcomic might have to change its name...

I lean towards Pokémon X. The deer looks like the better of the two.

Last edited:
The thing is, this time around we won't really know version exclusive before buying the game, unless you wait like a week or two after release. Because it's a simultaneous release, sites won't have all the information on the games when people in the US and Europe are playing through for the first time. Unless you want to wait, a lot of you are gonna have to be impulsive and not base your choice off of version exclusives. We'll likely only know a handful when the games are released.

I usually always get both the day they come out and play through the one that I like the respective legendary better first x3 So I'll probably play through whichever one has the deer thing, and depending on version exclusive pokemon if there is one I want on my team.

I will definitely be gettin both, can't wait to try out Fennekin. So pumped for these games!!!!

At the moment, I'm more inclined towards Pokemon Y, but later details released before launch may change my mind.

With no doubt I'll choose X, the elegant deer is fantastic and reason enough to make a choice.

Y, because the mascot of Pokémon Y seems to be a Fire-type, and I adore Fire-types. Also, it's badass as heck, so...

Of course, both if I can.

I'll probably get Y. I've gotten the "first" version most of the time (Blue, Gold, Ruby, FireRed, Diamond, HeartGold, Black, White 2), so I'll try to mix it up a bit!

There's no point in picking before version differences are detailed.

I have never been so confused as to which game of the pair to buy, I'm loving both the ForestGodDeer and the ImmaFlyInYoFaceHawk...

I'll wait till we have more info...

X for sure, that Deer is just so majestic looking and it has swords for legs how could I resist (also hasn't anyone noticed this). But I'll probably get both because Mister Y is also very badass. It is also the first time I like both Box Legends very equally.

I'm picking X (except if they switch mascots and names like B/W Reshiram and Zekrom.....)
Anyway, the bird's face looks silly for a legendary, that's why.

It depends on the game exclusive Pokemon. If there are some I like more in X, I'll get X. If I like the Y exclusive ones more, I'll get Y :)

Not sure at this point which game I want. I guess it depends on what the differences are between the versions. I do Like the the stag tho, so maybe I'll get the game with him in it. XD

Pokémon Jade, with the Princess Mononoke God.

Seriously, I couldn't think of anything else when I saw the legendaries. Too bad the bird isn't too much snake-like... Just vaguely reptilian like Lugia, but that's it.

I think they are Grass and Poison types. Which will be awesome and means I'm getting the Grass one. So X.

Way too early for me to decide. IMO the mascots alone aren't enough to form a decision.
EDIT: On second thought, Girls should get two copies of Pokémon X, while boys should get a copy of both X and Y.

Last edited:
Not going to choose just yet. Will wait until more details surface.

To be honest, I'm leaning towards Y but I'm waiting for the version exclusives to be announced.

I don't want to repeat my Gen V mistake, where I got Black and then got White 2 because I really wanted a Lilligant and Braviary.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom