• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favourite "Electric Rodent"?

What is your favourite?

• Total voters
I have a begrudging respect for Emolga due to all of the trouble it has caused me, and it has a nice design, is fairly good in battle, and is a fun idea for an Electric/Flying type.

But my favorite is Togedemaru. It is very cute, and not at all what I was expecting for Gen 7's electrodent (not that I was anticipating anything in particular, but if you'd taken a subconscious imprint from my mind, I think that Togedemaru would have been very far off from whatever it was). It has a good typing (two of my favorite types, at that) and an interesting dual option for its Abilities, with them both bolstering its defense but in appreciably different ways. It's got a good signature move on top of all of that, so all in all I think it's quite a solid little Pokémon.

Last edited:
Dedenne purely because of one Doubles idea I had involving Plus, Entrainment, and Mega Charizard Y's sun boosted Heat Wave. That was a surprising amount of fun I got.
I haven't had any strong experiences with the rest of them so it's more or less an eight way tie afterwards.

I like Minun the most. I remember using one the first time I played sapphire because I thought it was cute. I like its color scheme more than Plusle, I guess.

They got the recent ones decent. Emolga, Dedenne, and Todegemaru are all ok to me

My ranking would be
-Pikachu: Cute & iconic design.
-Raichu
-Pichu
-Emolga
(big gap, the above Pokemon are among my favorites of their generation, and the ones below are in the middle of their generation.)
-Togedemaru
-Pachirisu
(gigantic gap, the ones below are among the worst of their generation.)
-Minun
-Plusle
-Dedenne

Can't get enough Emolga. Electric+Flying is a beneficial type combo (relative to plain Flying) and Emolga has enough speed to make Volt Switch useful. A non-itemed STAB Acrobatics hits rather hard too, even though he only has middling stats. Plus you can teach him Roost (from daddy Smeargle if no one else) to extend his mileage.

777MS.png
026AMS.png

the only two I like. Both are particularly cute, and actually have interesting designs, unlike the other pikaclones. The secondary typings also help.

I don't mind emolga. Vanilla raichu is really boring, but it's not terrible. Minun, pachirusu, pikachu, pichu, and especially dedenne are all trash, though. I have mixed feelings towards plusle. Sometimes I dislike it, sometimes the fact that I used one in my original pokemon colosseum playthrough makes me feel fondly towards it.

Raichu and Emolga because they have good designs that I like. I also think Raichu is cuter than Pikachu.

Pikachu! It is an inspiration to my username on Bulba after all. In fact...it's pretty much the same except for one letter.

Other favorite electric mouse though are Alolan Raichu, Minun and Plusle.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom