• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Ship has the best chance of becoming canon?

I would disagree that there is not much evidence on Ash's part.

But either ways, how about a random ship like Cavaliershipping? (DawnxGary)

I honestly don't see any ship becoming canon. Pokemon just isn't that kind of series.

I agree. Hopefully if they ever end the show, perhaps a ship will become canon. Or maybe not. It depends if the writers like shipping fanboys and fangirls.

I agree. Hopefully if they ever end the show, perhaps a ship will become canon. Or maybe not. It depends if the writers like shipping fanboys and fangirls.

I doubt the writers care, or even pay attention to them.

I could only see Contestshipping and Penguinshipping as the closest thing to being canon, because in honesty, Ash is too gullible to notice any romantic feelings from any of his female companions, even though he should, and James is supposedly said to be gay.

Rocketshipping....come on! It has no rival ships and they've been around eachother since day one. Nothing is closer to Canon than that.

^I agree.
J&J have been together since the Dawn of Time. They're the two main characters who've spent the longest time together. And that's not even considering the back-stories.
They're pretty much the go-to ship to canonize if ever the writers go 'hey, let's add some romance!' since everything's already there. They don't have to bring anyone back onscreen. They don't even need to build it up much, since the build-up is already there.

And hey, for all it's worth, they got hitched in Dengeki Pikachu.

(I do hope I'm not being biased. I am a Rocketshipper......)

IMHO, all Ash ships are terribly unlikely. The writers only ever let him travel with some girl for a short amount of time, then they introduce someone new. They'll just keep harem-ing him, and if/when the anime ends, there will be so many Ash-x-somebody ships that canonizing any one will cause a HUGE uproar. They'll either leave everything vague, or ignore romance for Ash entirely.

However, if you ask me which is the most probable Ash ship right now, I'd say Negaishipping. It's always with Ash's current traveling companion.

So yeah, Rocketshipping gets my vote. Mainly because they're both still onscreen, and that BW is not the only season they've been together in, to say the least.

(Though, we have to face the painful, painful truth that Pokemon is a show aimed toward kids, and the most probable thing is that NO ships will ever be canonized. *sigh*)

Last edited:
I could definitely see ContestShipping and RocketShipping being canon.

PokeShipping had some pretty big hints, but it's unknown if we'll ever see Misty again.

Manga_emotions-Sulking.jpg If the stoopid of Ruby wouldn't ruin it, Frantic Shipping would be 100% canon
arg, stoopid manga writers

Rocketshipping, because they're adults.

As for Ash, the only shipping that he'll ever get into would be Pikashipping. That's his OTP. Seriously. Why else does he never show any love for any of the insane girls that follow him around everywhere? He may eat watermelons with girls, give girls high fives, but there's only one thing that gets to ride around on his back all the time.

Ralph, you won't believe some of the shit that happens off camera.

I don't believe the writers care much about shippings, really. Yes, they drop some hints here and there with many shippings, but they know that their goal is to get Ash through the whole region and fail at the end, not have some sub-plot with romance. The general audience doesn't care about that. Also, I don't think that the writers want a civil war throughout their anime fanbase because some fans' ship didn't become canon whilst another ship did.

I don't believe the writers care much about shippings, really. Yes, they drop some hints here and there with many shippings, but they know that their goal is to get Ash through the whole region and fail at the end, not have some sub-plot with romance. The general audience doesn't care about that. Also, I don't think that the writers want a civil war throughout their anime fanbase because some fans' ship didn't become canon whilst another ship did.

I agree but if Pokemon ever ends and if everyone grows up, there might be some people that could end up together that would be not expected. Kind of like what happened in Digimon Season 2. But hopefully as far as Ash is concerned, maybe it would be best if he didn't end up with anyone. Too many main girls.

I agree but if Pokemon ever ends and if everyone grows up, there might be some people that could end up together that would be not expected. Kind of like what happened in Digimon Season 2. But hopefully as far as Ash is concerned, maybe it would be best if he didn't end up with anyone. Too many main girls.

Despite being an Advanceshipper, I have to say that many shippings involving Ash are unlikely considering that:

1.) He's very dense.
2.) As said before, would just end up with different shippings going after others' heads.

I mean, like everyone else with their own (respective) favorite ship, I would want Advanceshipping to happen near the end of the series, because that's my favorite shipping. But see, there's others who would like to see Pokeshipping, Negaishipping, Pearlshipping, Contestshipping, Rocketshipping, etc. If one happens, than everyone else is going to go nuts.

Despite being an Advanceshipper, I have to say that many shippings involving Ash are unlikely considering that:

1.) He's very dense.
2.) As said before, would just end up with different shippings going after others' heads.

I mean, like everyone else with their own (respective) favorite ship, I would want Advanceshipping to happen near the end of the series, because that's my favorite shipping. But see, there's others who would like to see Pokeshipping, Negaishipping, Pearlshipping, Contestshipping, Rocketshipping, etc. If one happens, than everyone else is going to go nuts.

I know that's why I had said that maybe they might not have him end up with anyone. Or he could end up with the last girl he travels with. Who knows who that will be? But ust like you said, everyone will love if their ship will come true(Abilityshipper in the house) but Ash is only one person.

1.) He's very dense.

I know that's why I had said that maybe they might not have him end up with anyone. Or he could end up with the last girl he travels with. Who knows who that will be? But ust like you said, everyone will love if their ship will come true(Abilityshipper in the house) but Ash is only one person.

Sisterwives, perhaps :p

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom