• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Starter will you choose, and what will you nickname it?

Which Starter will you pick

• Total voters
Oshawott, definitely :D I mean, it evolves into a freaking BATTLE UNICORN! It even has a SWORD!

Freak yeah.

As for nicknames, my White run will be a Nuzlocke so probably something that I'll really become attached to-

I KNOW! Pants! His name will be Pants!

hmm i haven't thought this one through yet...

black: grass
white: water
3rd version: fire

to counter the final dragons (electric/fire/ice) as best i can i suppose - plus the fire starter sucks so if they don't release a 3rd version no big whoop

Oshawott

I'll name him

.......I got nothing
Oshawott, definitely :D I mean, it evolves into a freaking BATTLE UNICORN! It even has a SWORD!

Freak yeah.

As for nicknames, my White run will be a Nuzlocke so probably something that I'll really become attached to-

I KNOW! Pants! His name will be Pants!

Sea lion actually

(Samurott's too good to be Unicorn)

Don't know the names of the starters, but the Water one on White and the Fire on black. I'll nickname one of them, but not sure Because i've honestly never nicknamed any of my pokemon.

White
Snivy, Grass Starter
Male
Nick: Mephisnake
Mephis From The Demon Mephisto, From The German(?) Tale of Dr. Faust, and Snake, bending the two ''s'' Together.

Black (If I Do Get It)
Oshawott, Water Starter
Male
Nick: Mitsurugi
is sword in Japanese IIRC

Last edited:
i wanted to get oshawott, but my sister laid claims on it before i did :( so i'll be choosing snivy. i don't know what i'm going to nickname it...i'll worry about that when i actually get the game!

I'm picking oshawott because I usually pick the water type starter, and I like it's final evolution more than snivy's and tepig's

I'm kind of sad, because I have ALWAYS picked water starters, but I just really really don't like the designs this generation.

So I'll be going with grass type, because the final evolution is sooooooo pretty. I plan on naming it "Asmodeus." Props if you catch the reference. ;D

Pokemon: Oshawott
Nickname: Wotter but I will change it to Riptide when it evolves into its final form.

Pokemon Black- Snivy ("Smugleaf" or "Tsutarja")

Pokemon White- Oshawott ("Wotter" or "Mijumaru").

Sorry Tepig, but I can't have three Fire/Fighting starter evolution pokemon... Maybe I'll pick you when the hypothetical third version is released 2-3 years from now...?

Pokémon Black - Oshawott - Shelly
Pokémon White - Tepig - Pokabu (Tepig sounds weird to me)
:yahoo: ~~~~

Snivy's final form looks baller, I think I'll call it Archimedes. I don't know why but it sounds cool.

B&W is a mixed bag for me. Don't like Tepig at all (fire/fight AGAIN?), Snivy looks cool, but I don't like the final evo, Oshawott looks rediculous until the final evo.

Normally I go water-type. Was considering Snivy to change things up a bit because of Oshawott's design, but he seems to be the only starter of the three to be most palatable for me :/

Don't usually nickname my poke's, but I think I'm gonna keep the Japanese name instead of the English translation.

Furthermore, gonna try and make a physical moveset work on him. Razor Shell ftw :)

Like i said back in June, if i get Snivy i'll name him SalsaVerde, OR in protest to its dumb english species name: Vipélierre, it's french name.

and when my besty trades me a Mijumaru, i'll prolly just call it Ottaro.

I honestly don't know. My first instinct is to go with the Fire-Type, since I usually think they look cooler, and there's hardly ever any Fire-types worth catching as you play through the main story, but I honestly can't stand Tepig and I don't like it's evolutionary line at ALL. Plus, I'm just sick of Fire/Fighting starters after the last two generations.

Snivy is "meh" at best, and so is it's evolutionary line, and Oshawott and it's Stage 1 evolution just look like some horrible cross between a Mudkip and Piplup that should have just been aborted in the womb. But Daikenki? Him I like.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom