• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which stat means the most to you?

Pick one

• Total voters

SinCosTan

God forgives, I don't.
Reaction score
Speed. I don't care what your other stats look like, if a pokemon's speed is lackluster then I am likely to get frustrated with it. There are only a few slow pokemon that I can tolerate. They are Honchkrow, Vaporeon, and Ampharos. Amphy holds a special place in my heart before I knew what stats were. Honchkrow is a mob boss which makes him awesome. Vaporeon takes hits like a boss and dishes them out beautifully. Even then I find -Speed natures unacceptable. I can generally accept any nature but don't lower speed.

For people who find speed the most important stat, what do you consider slow? I find anything with less than 90 base speed slow. If their speed is in the 80's I usually go for a +Speed nature or slap a scarf on it.

I'm going to go with HP as it's one stat that is consistently brought into play, and there is currently no way of boosting your maximum HP either through natures or held items, but all other stats can be modified.

Whereas lower stats in the other areas can be compensated for accordingly, HP ties into defence calculations for both special and physical attacks, and pokémon with low HP totals find it hard to compete (Also some of my favourite pokémon have a high HP stat).

Last edited:
Ha.. no ones voted for the defenses, yet. but it has to be speed a higher speed stat means you first....well duh. especially when playing competitively

Attack. I usually go for physical offence, especially the Pokemon in question is mainly a special attacker just to surprise the enemy.

Some time ago, I used a physical Sceptile to great effect in OU. I mean Physical Sceptile is great in UU but if you see Sceptile in OU, its probably a Choice Specs one. But I managed to use it to great effect.

I prefer a good stat overall, but I hate hindering natures on the pokemon, like, an Adamant Porygon-Z. That. Sucks.

I prefer sweepers/sweeping tanks, so I go for speed. Attack/SP. Attack comes in a close second.

Special attacks tend to be more powerful attacks than physical ones, so I prefer to maximize that stat when building my team.

HP. I sort of look down on certain Pokémon if I don't think their base HP is high enough.

Speed. It's saddening when your pokey gets OHKO'd before it can even do anything (, ,)

Obviously speed. Going before your opponent is simply critical. It's not as vital for walls, but a must for sweepers.

I'm also going for Speed, but only if the other stats are at least mediocre. If their Defense sucks, I'm not liable to use them either.

I like Defense better than Attack, to be honest.

Speed. I tend to get frustrated when my Pokemon are slow. I like my sweepers very much.

Defense and Special Defense. I'm one for sweepers too but I have more walls than sweepers with the exception of a quick hit starter pokemon from every generation. (except for Cyndaquil, Typlo cant learn too much good special moves. I use Feraligatr instead) yeps I mostly catch slow and steady pokemon and a Chansey for HP recovery reasons

Speed.

If a Pokemon has high HP or Defenses, then I don't mind it being slow.

But I mostly use more offense oriented Pokemon, and having high Speed on them is important to me.

I've always had a habit of liking the speed stat much more than the others. I prefer pokemon who are at least able to out speed its opponents and able to give a strong attack power as well.

Speed. Attack is good, but if your hard hits are too slow, you will be KO'ed. Defense is good, but few have won by being defensive. Special Attack/Defense are sweet when they are effective, but they are still attack/defense.

HP is good if you got patience and some potions, but I lack the former D:

Attack and Speed are always my main focuses. Of course, every stat is important in their own way, but those two are the ones I always raise way too much.

I'm a hard-hittin' kinda gal.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom