• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Ash ever meet a Raikou?

Cybersai

Reaction score
The writers had Ash meet a Suicune like 4 damn times, (first Johto ep, 4th movie, Eusine ep, Drifloon ep) and Entei technically once (not counting 3rd movie one), but when the hell will Ash see Raikou?

All he's seen are Raikou robots at Wattson's Gym. Its really odd that this is the only pre-4th gen legend that Ash has never seen. He's even seen Ho-oh in the sky like three times now.

What is so hard about putting Raikou in a filler to let Ash see it?

That didn't stop them from showcasing other legends a bunch of times.

Articuno has been featured in two different arcs aside from the 2nd movie.
Moltres was featured somewhat in the Indigo league and in the last Richie hoso. Deoxys got the movie AND the Ranger special. The Regi's too...etc.

I think just about every legend has been featured at least twice except for Latios/Latias and Jirachi. Poor Raikou never got to be featured in the standard anime.

Ash definetly needs to see one. The "A Raikou wouldn't be in Sinnoh, that makes no sense" reason doesn't hold up what with Suicune and all.

Moltres too, although less so. It never got a real appearance in the main series, did it? I consider the Indigo League ordeal to be some kind of remnant of it, so a full-blown non-movie and non-special appearance would be appreciated while not neccesary.

I've never counted the "flame of Moltres" Olympic torch parody as actually being a Moltres appearance. Moltres's only appearances to dates are the second movie, and the Chronicles/Hoso ep with Silver.

Raikou... I've always wanted to see it in a movie/mini-arc with Ho-Oh, near the end of the series.

They gave Lugia the second movie, then the episode that helped support Colosseum, the one where they used those corrupted heart-destroying rings. They showed Entei with Misdreavus on the show, I think they showed Raikou already, just a flash of him though, you hear him and see him flash past in the beginning of the series I believe. I need to double check, but it's not worthy enough to call it an episode where he sees Raikou because hell, we didn't even see him.

They gave Lugia the second movie, then the episode that helped support Colosseum, the one where they used those corrupted heart-destroying rings. They showed Entei with Misdreavus on the show, I think they showed Raikou already, just a flash of him though, you hear him and see him flash past in the beginning of the series I believe. I need to double check, but it's not worthy enough to call it an episode where he sees Raikou because hell, we didn't even see him.

The only one who saw Raikou in that episode were Houndoom and Togepi. Even then, all they saw was it's shadow, not the actual Pokemon.

But that begs the question, by giving the viewers that tiny glimpse of Raikou, were they planning on doing something more major with it later on that they just forgot?

It's been a couple of years since I last saw the episode, and all I can remember of the Raikou was it's shadow. It's very likely that I'm wrong though.

Actually: how many times has Ash seen each Legendary besides the three Legendary Beasts?

Actually: how many times has Ash seen each Legendary besides the three Legendary Beasts?

Not including movies...

Articuno: I believe it is twice
Zapdos: once
Moltres: none (I don't count it's flame used to light the League's Cup, since that isn't the whole Pokemon, just it's spirit)
Mewtwo: once
Mew: none

Lugia: once (over the course of three episodes)
Ho-Oh: three times
Celebi: I think just the once

Latias: none
Latios: none
Groudon: once (twice if you include the dream induced by Mumage)
Kyogre: once
Rayquaza: technically none (unless you count the dream induced by Mumage)
Jirachi: none
Deoxys: once
Regirock: once
Regice: once
Registeel: once

He has not seen any of the Sinnoh legendaries yet.

Did I miss any?

Last edited:
Nope, you didn't miss any. ^^

That covers all the legendaries he's seen (and hasn't seen) so far, other than Entei, Raikou, and Suicune.

As for that other question, only Houndoom and Togepi saw Raikou in "Houndoom's Special Delivery".

I remember that scene. And they didn't just see its shadow. But rather, as Raikou was running into the forest or something, they caught a small glimpse of it. So they actually saw the back of the Pokemon.

There's always the possibility, since Celebi and Ho-Oh showing up in Battle Frontier and Suicune in DP leave us wondering why such old Pokémon are still appearing (Is it only me or do anyone else believe that the final episode will show Ash alongside Suicune and Ho-Oh battling some kind of 3\/1|_ force?), and Raikou would be only another legend. So I wouldn't be surprised if they made an ep with Raikou.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom