• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will you ever grow out of Pokémon?

Midnight Blue

~Love Is Hard To Define~
Reaction score
I know this question has been on the forums but i searched and nothing popped up. Anyways, will you grow out of Pokémon. I know i will one day.

i think i will after the new GSC remakes, but i dont want to. i just wish i dident have to grow up Dx

Nope, I never will. I'll always love it, even after Pokemon dies out.

i think i will after the new GSC remakes, but i dont want to. i just wish i dident have to grow up Dx

Yea, i'm getting older. I need to focus more on the rest of my teenage years. 2 more years until i'm 18. I will always love pokémon. I'll always remember pokémon as my gateway to another world where my parents could not bug me. Maybe one day i will return to this wonderful world. Hey this would be a great story for a book. haha

I DID when i was like 12 but recently I was bored and i decided to buy one of the remakes of Red and blue (not really having ever played Gen II and other Gen III games), it was ok but i heard of so many extra things that seemed to be locked out of the FR and LG (it was pretty stupid, all for nostalgia or something dumb).

Anyways i now play the games and casually watch the show sometimes (moreso the older episodes that i missed don't really like D/P now). I'll probably outgrow it again though

I doubt it. I did for a while, but I just couldn't stay away. Pokemon has had a major impact on my childhood. You don't really grow out of those kinds of things.

I guess I should rephrase my answer a bit. In some ways, I've outgrown some aspects of Pokemon. I no longer play the games or the TCG.

But in other ways, I haven't and will never outgrow it. I still love the anime and manga, and I obviously like Pokemon fanfiction and envisioning the world of Pokemon through a more adult light.

But overall, I will always love Pokemon. :)

I did grew out of it when I was 10... But it was because of the crappy Johto episodes. Dunno what will happen "this time", as I love Sinnoh and everything.

Hahahahaa, not a day goes by that I don't wonder if I ever really will. I'm 20, and I've been playing the series since it was first released in the US. I have this constant thought of being a dad someday and laughing at my kids because I can kick their butts at video games.

Hopefully, I'll never grow out of Pokemon. As it stands I don't think I will, but that doesn't top the fact that I'm a little embarrassed to play it in public or go to conventions/giveaways. At my age it just doesn't look right to be hanging around places full of kids playing kids video games.

Hey I'm 29 and I'm playing these games. Granted, I stopped playing after Yellow mainly because I figured the concept wouldn't evolve much (pardon the pun). I picked up Platinum 2 months ago to give it a go, liked it and bought the other 2 as well as the 5 GBA games (eBay for these last 5).

Planning to buy HG and SS as well but I don't plan on playing all 10 games in a row, after I'm done with one game, I'm taking a monthly breaks.

"Grow out?" There's no such thing. If you think so, you should get out of here now. I got into pokemon when I was 17, already far older than the target demographic. I never regretted this decision. It is now almost 10 years later, and having been loyal straight through the 3rd gen, a time when most people started to abandon pokemon, I can say there is little that would pry me away from this. I fear for another gen, not because I'm tired of it, but because others are tiring of it. Even I would admit the numbers are getting ridiculous. That will not stop me from liking it. It may stop me from being active on this forum, but never leave the fandom.

I tried to forcibly outgrow it when I was in 7th grade. I stopped playing the games, but I still got the intense urge to play it sometimes, so I would sneak my GBA around and play gold in secret late at night. Finally I sold my GBA and my Gold and Blue games, successfully severing all ties I had with the pokemon franchise. Then about a year and a half ago in my freshman year of college, I just said fuck it and started playing emulators of the third gen games.

So if I ever leave it will be because I am genuinely bored with the franchise, not because I decided that I was to old for it. That doesn't work.

Nope I don't think so. I'm 19 now and have been with the series from the beginning. I took some time off between gens III and IV, but I still enjoy everything now that I did then. I have stopped playing the TCG, but that us more due to the fact that there really isn't anyone to play with, and I have better usues for the money.

okay i wouldn't quit pokemon totaly, maybe stop playing for a while and then starting again, but it is not a shame to play pokemon when you are a adult or something, i saw once on a event a men in his 30's downloading shaymin i was like lol, but it gave me kinda hope you know he was doing that and had still a girlfriend

Probably not. I mean, contrary to popular belief, Pokemon doesn't cater exclusively to the kids demographic (if demographics even existed). I play games for the entertainment value in the same way people watch movies or read books. I also love RPGs, and pokemon is a really good one. I can't see myself leaving it because it's so fun.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom