• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will you miss contests if they leave the show?

Will you miss contests if they leave the show?

• Total voters
Anyway, I have finally voted. I think I would miss contests if they left, they have been around a while so it would be weird watching Pokemon without them. I can't honestly think of anything better to replace them with either.

Well i would have voted,but seeing how im not completely sure and there is no maybe option i didnt.

Anyway yep contests were pretty big part of pokemon series(cant say same for games),but i could get used without them in anime.Afterall we all got used without them during first 5 seasons and enjoyed in this show.

for potential replacements,well it depends on writers with what they would replace them.
All options i could think of are:
-girl doing gyms but thats out of question because of repetivity.Unless all of her gym battles are not showed on screen to avoid undesirable result,but that would meamn having little smaller role.Though i wouldnt mind that much.

Which brings us to only this options(all are workable):
-doing new feature from games(unown for now)
-being one type trainer,competing in chain of events for specific type.Like tournaments or smaller competitions.
-doing pokethlon,with perhaps battling round being added to it.
-being tag battler,

If i missed something,feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
I don't mind if they leave simply because I don't want to see a third female coordinator.

However if Brock is truly leaving and is replaced by the new boy, having a boy coordinator would be alright. But I guess the girl would have her own plot...

If that's the case next saga will have 3 on-going plots at once, but somehow I doubt that.

I don't mind if they leave simply because I don't want to see a third female coordinator.

I want... as I said in my recent posts, I'm starting to like the idea of Ash being a permament star and the girl Coordinator replaced every gen to give us a different take on Contests (Dawn proved it's possible to make a character with the same goal that's different enough from the previous one)

However if Brock is truly leaving and is replaced by the new boy, having a boy coordinator would be alright.

I didn't expect YOU of all people to say something like that... I expected more from you
Contests are obviously the writers' way to appeal more to girls - they'll always make the girl do them... no chance a main boy will do them

But I guess the girl would have her own plot...

She'll do Contests just like May, Dawn and gen 6 girl
I have no doubts at all

If that's the case next saga will have 3 on-going plots at once, but somehow I doubt that.

I doubt it too... also, if it does happen, the third plot will probably be VERY minor compared to Ash's Gyms and Girl's Contests

I will only miss one girl who lives in Snowpoint City, wears shades and has red hair.

Agreed,i would also find pointless having Dawn being replaced with next coordinator doing same job.This is getting way too repetitive,and all this girl replacing is at cost of older ones being ditched in half of their journey ending up being forgotten and neglected.

If next girl does something different,im sure she would appeal to girls just as much.We had so far one battler and two coordinators and all three were very popular.

However if Brock is truly leaving and is replaced by the new boy, having a boy coordinator would be alright.

Having new boy doing contest for a change,would be something new and i would definitely welcome it.

I can see this being achievable.Third plot would obviously have smaller role than other two,but that character would probably in that case receive more than Brock does bringing satisfying result.

What does that have to do with now? You're bringing stuff up from nearly 5 years ago.

I think that his point was by drawing that parallel due to fact,how fanbase was many times proved wrong by writers who breaked their patterns.It was something along the lines,how we cant know for sure what will future bring.

Considering that they weren't in the show to begin with, I'm sure we'd survive it if they were to be taken out.

I for one prefer Conests, especially in the Diamond & Pearl series and more so recent ones because they offer up something different than constant battling - I know Contests have battling in them too, but it's handled in a completely different style that really adds to the show for me.

I personally would miss them if they were to be removed, I think the show would become a lot less interesting and appealing. It gives the show another angle that appeals to other people.

At the end of the day, they'd be as well just keeping them in - anyone who doesn't like Contest episodes can just not watch those episodes, that way everybody is happy ^.^

Tarar *mwah*

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom