• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think that Naruto is pretty good, the original and Shippuden overall, but that's just my opinion, but I have to say that Bobobobobobobo is pretty well........yeah...

Seasons 9 and 10 of the Pokemon Anime. The voices are shit, and I bet the same thing goes for Dawn's Fucking voice! Seasons 1-8 were great, but seasons 9 and 10 are in my opinion, sound absolutely fucking strange. The Battle Frontier takes place in the Kanto Region? Why the fuck did Pokemon USA do that? It's COMPLETELY NON-CANON and it just DOESN'T FIT with the game!

There's your problem, you think the dubbers are responsible for that. They don't write the show, they only dub and adapt it. Battle Frontier is in Kanto in the anime. That's not anything the dubbers did. Please, if you're going to sling blame, sling it to the people who ACTUALLY DID what you're angry about.

Anyway, I remember a series called Kenji's Spring. Everyone was cats and they rode around in trains. And that was about it, and it was the most boring thing I ever saw in my life. My anime club turned it off about fifteen minutes in, and we didn't turn off *anything*.

Despite the fact that I think Yu-Gi-Oh! GX was one of the worst pieces of tripe put on TV since the Fox News Channel, I do have to give them props for one thing and one thing only - the Destiny Heroes. British superhero designs? BAD ASS.

As far as bad anime goes - I, like many others, will have to cast my vote towards Pokemon. Sorry, but I can't get excited about a 22-minute commerical for the games.

Seasons 9 and 10 of the Pokemon Anime. The voices are shit, and I bet the same thing goes for Dawn's Fucking voice! Seasons 1-8 were great, but seasons 9 and 10 are in my opinion, sound absolutely fucking strange. The Battle Frontier takes place in the Kanto Region? Why the fuck did Pokemon USA do that? It's COMPLETELY NON-CANON and it just DOESN'T FIT with the game!

There's Anime Canon and Game Canon, it was not "COMPLETELY NON-CANON"

And what would you rather have them do? Go to a small little island south of Hoenn and do nothing but battles?

I'm assuming you haven't seen too many episodes of either of those shows.

You'd be surprised at how much I watch them., and I am talking about an overall plot for the series, not an episode-by-episode plot which Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, and Pokemon do share.

Here's basically the outline of their plots for each episode. The first point is the general overview.

Pokemon
-Kind of an overall plot with Ash trying to be a Pokemon Master, but really, it can just be seen as a purpose to keep the series going with him
-Character of the day, they have a problem, team rocket, problem resolved
-Occasional Gym Battles and Contest
-Movies and specials

Fairly Odd Parents
-Ten-year old boy goes on adventures with his two magical fairy god parents
-Timmy Makes a wish, it backfires which usually results in the destruction of the world or the loss of his fairies, he has to fix the wish
-Crazy Crocker (or some of his other enemies like Bucksaplenty or the genie) try to get rid of his fairies or catch them in Corcker's case
-90 minute specials

Though the plots aren't the same, you can see how the structure is fairly similar right? Now for Spongebob, his day-by-day episode is atleast mroe complex in the sense that it doesn't follow a specific guideline, like Pokemon's "character who needs help, Ash and crew helps, TR show up" scenerios or Fairly Odd Parent's "Timmy Makes a wish, screws it up, must fix it"

Spongebob
-Following the life of a sea sponge
-Like I said, generally the episodes don't follow a set guideline
-However, there are some Patchy the Pirate episodes (which don't follow a set guideline either except with Patchy hosting it)
-Plankton tries to steal the Krabby Patty
-Awsomeness movie =]

Trust me- comparing spongebob to Pokemon is like comparing Family guy to A touch of Frost. They are just too different to make a fair comparison.

I'm not comparing which one is better as a series, I'm saying that, like Spongebob, Pokemon doesn't have an overall plot and goes on more of an episode-by-episode plot, and to expect anything more from a kids show merely because its an anime doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Shingetsukan Tsukihime
Okay, I love the visual novel, so I'm not bashing the story itself here, but dear god, this is the worst adaption of ANYTHING ever made. The plot is hacked up so much it's barely possible to follow if you're not already familiar with it, the characters have their personalities changed for no fucking reason (Shiki being nearly the polar opposite of who he's supposed to be, making him completely impossible to like), plot lines from the original are started, then completely abandoned ("Hey Shiki, you used to play with Hisui as a kid. Now we'll never bring this up again, making you wonder what the hell the point of that flashback was"), Hisui and Kohaku are reduced to just standing around doing nothing because the anime didn't care about their plotlines (which happened to be the best ones), cool scenes (ANYTHING Nero-related, for instance) are changed to lame ones for no apparant reason, the art style is completely different and makes everyone look ugly as hell, barely looking like their original designs at all... gah. Can't go on. How this shit managed to get a single fan is beyond me. The manga did a fine job of adapting the story, the anime did a disgustingly bad one.

The music was good, though. Get the CDs, stay the hell away from the DVDs. And buy the manga, it's great.

Oh, and Kiddy Grade sucks too. Horribly.

There's Anime Canon and Game Canon, it was not "COMPLETELY NON-CANON"

And what would you rather have them do? Go to a small little island south of Hoenn and do nothing but battles?

actually.... yeah, that would've been nice. Kodomo series though it may be, it nonetheless seems to play itself up to have some shounen action elements at times, and in spite of that, we really don't see much outside of the generic and often horribly bland "take out Rocket Dan for the day" battles. Personally, I'd gladly welcome more tournament arcs in this show.... having the Battle Frontier be properly represented from the game (with contests added, I guess) sounds a helluva lot better than sitting through some filler about some poor attempt at a Mothra tribute or watching Sweet Honey Cheapass-chan get a chance to fight (given, the Battle Frontier fillers seriously reduced after that first step, but still). Hell, tvtropes points out just how pathetically short Pokemon's tournaments are despite them being the entire premise behind practically every saga's plotline.

Naruto
Too many of the characters are stereotypical. And the plot can get boring pretty quickly.

That is true, though apparently some people really like this show. Different strokes for different folks, or something like that... I am not a Naruto fan, and don't understand what makes it so likable.

Dragonball (all incarnations)
I remember watching this anime when I came home from school. I can recall the long, endless, overdramatic fights; the shallow plot; the SCREAMING and YELLING…and that DAMN HAIR!!!!!!! [/goesinsane]

EDIT: The Dragon Ball series actually appears on many "Worst Anime" lists.

You say "all incarnations" here, though basically none of what you said about them applies to the original Dragonball series that ran in the 80's. All that applies in the Dragonball Z series that ran from 89 into the mid 90's, and the cashcow Dragonball GT series.

Basically, Dragonball was originally intended to be a retelling of the Journey to the West in the Toriyama style that we had already loved from Dr. Slump before. The problem presented in Z though is that the series lost its charm, and suddenly became way too serious.

Yu-Gi-Oh
A big defining feature for on what makes an anime watchable is the art. The general style the characters are drawn in isn’t visually pleasing. And you’ve really gotta wonder how much the characters spend on hair products. Also, the fact that it was dubbed by 4Kids doesn’t make it seem any more appealing, because the Japanese version isn’t much better.

I will agree in part on this. I really liked the manga in its initial chapters, and the anime in its initial season when it was as it had been intended to be.... a manga/anime about games (and not just about a boring card game). It had potential. It lost its charm with the cards, at least for me.

And for one of my least favorite anime as of late:
Sucky...err...Lucky Star
This anime is very bland, the characters are very dull (even the ones who are exciting and fun... seem very dull). On one hand, it is very fun to see many anime that I have known and loved over the years lampooned and parodied, but on the other hand... Excel Saga did that a lot better. Seriously though, if I wanted an anime without a plot that revolved around highschool girls, I would much prefer going through Azumanga Daioh for the 50th time, because that series was a lot more touching and seemed more everyday-life... and had some interesting lessons in culture.

Last edited:
actually.... yeah, that would've been nice. Kodomo series though it may be, it nonetheless seems to play itself up to have some shounen action elements at times, and in spite of that, we really don't see much outside of the generic and often horribly bland "take out Rocket Dan for the day" battles. Personally, I'd gladly welcome more tournament arcs in this show.... having the Battle Frontier be properly represented from the game (with contests added, I guess) sounds a helluva lot better than sitting through some filler about some poor attempt at a Mothra tribute or watching Sweet Honey Cheapass-chan get a chance to fight (given, the Battle Frontier fillers seriously reduced after that first step, but still). Hell, tvtropes points out just how pathetically short Pokemon's tournaments are despite them being the entire premise behind practically every saga's plotline.

I guess that would have been interesting, and they could have gone to a new approach and had may and Max go to Kanto on their own for contests and switch around between the two plots, hopefully reducing the amount of fillers. But, you know, that is way too much change, and we all know how well Pokemon fans seem to respond to change.

dragon ball is the worst
i remeber watching it as a little kid and it got weird

All that applies in the Dragonball Z series that ran from 89 into the mid 90's, and the cashcow Dragonball GT series.

Not to mention it mostly applies only to the assy American dub of the series, too.

I may be just another Anime-ignorant white boy, but everything about One Piece annoys the crap out of me. That, I definitely know is personal opinion considering how many people actually like it.

BLOOD +

I never really wathed the show, considering it's title sequence was filled with people eating themselfs.LOL.

YU-GI-OH GX

It never really got exciting. Most of the plot was filled with crappy scence and freakin' annoying duels.LOLtimes2.

ONE PIECE

Nothing that I liked about it.

Digimon
Same reason as pikachu13 (I forgot what there name is now). A COMPLETE RIP-OFF OF POKEMON!!!

Any anime my worst enemy will make in the future
Here's a list of stuff he rips-off...
Ben 10
Transformers
Star Wars
etc. etc.,blah, blah, blah...
HE RIPS-OFF 24/7 GOD WILL HE THINK UP HIS OWN STUFF FOR ONCE!!!!!!!And to think he said I ripped tuff off...

You realize that's not true at all, right? Aside from falling into the same collectable monsters craze and having similar titles, they're really nothing alike.
Even then, the anime never really showcased the "collectible" side of it, whereas the Pokémon one did to some degree.

Naruto Shippūden
I like the original series but after the timeskip the pace just drops to such an unreasonable level that it becomes unwatchable. When you are covering less than a 16-page chapter of an action manga in each 20 minute episode, you are doing something wrong.

Took the words right out of my mouth. The general plot is boring as hell as well.

I may be just another Anime-ignorant white boy, but everything about One Piece annoys the crap out of me. That, I definitely know is personal opinion considering how many people actually like it.

BLOOD +

I never really wathed the show, considering it's title sequence was filled with people eating themselfs.LOL.

YU-GI-OH GX

It never really got exciting. Most of the plot was filled with crappy scence and freakin' annoying duels.LOLtimes2.

ONE PIECE

Nothing that I liked about it.

I don't understand what people see in One Piece, either. Just seemed to me like DBZ, but with pirates and American superhero elements.

I will agree in part on this. I really liked the manga in its initial chapters, and the anime in its initial season when it was as it had been intended to be.... a manga/anime about games (and not just about a boring card game). It had potential. It lost its charm with the cards, at least for me.

It became about the card game due to fan interest desiring more development of the "Magic and Wizards" game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuki_Takahashi
So ultimately, you can blame the Yugioh fandom for that.

You realize that's not true at all, right? Aside from falling into the same collectable monsters craze and having similar titles, they're really nothing alike.
If you saw one of my worst enemy's animes, you wouldn't be saying it's not a rip-off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom