• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Designed Pokémon?

Re: Worst Designed Pokemon?

I thought Spiritomb was a ghost desk fan that you'd see in people offices suring the summertime

I am surprised nobody has mentioned Illumise and Volbeat in this thread. To me, they look a lot worse than even Probopass.

taoros.
period thats final
ive always hated him
always will

Reshiram, it doesn't have enough crotch fur/feathers/long scales.

What the..?
Spiritomb is one of the most creatively designed pokémon!

i wont say it is the worst designed pokemon, because i really dont think so, but to me, it was EXTREMELY not creative, also most of gen 1 has the worst designs because usually the evolution is a beefed up pre evo such as poliwrath or venasaur and more

EDIT: but gen 1 is my fave besides gen 3 lol

Dialga and Palkia.Seriously there were too many things attached to their body especially on the back.
To me the worst design is froslass.How can the ears be a part of her hands?
But it atleast knows destiny bond.

Most of the pokemon in DP had horrible designs as well as mediocre cries(Except for some like Honchkrow and Empoleon)But I don't agree with Spritomb though its not all that great but a better one than Sableye.

reval legindaries in which one has a type advantage over the other

Oh, I've actually never thought negatively about Pokemon designs as far as appearances go. I think because they're based on real things, they should resemble what they're based on (no hate for Tauros, a bull is awesome, if they want to make it a Pokemon, good luck messing with it.)
I think the Pokemon like Rhyperior, Electivire, and Magmortar are pretty cool-looking.
BUT if I'm going to choose a least favorite design, I like the legendaries of every generation, so I'm going to say that Drifloon/Drifblim are the worst. They just don't excite me like the other Pokemon do.

I'm going to have to put my opinion into hate mode, because most of the Pokemon I do not like are probably the worst designed, in my opinion.

Putting Nosepass and it's evolution behind me, because everyone has said it, I'm surprised I never (or probably will never, I only skimmed the thread) saw these Pokemon.

Cherubi. I dislike this Pokemon and it's design so bad, and it's evolution is only good during Sunny Day, so you'll never see how well it actually looks.

Xatu. I love totem poles, who doesn't? But it looks like a cheap ripoff of one, and I really dislike the long red thing protruding from its head.

Skiploom. Somewhere between the cute Hoppip and Jumpluff, something went wrong, and boring.

Remoraid, can you shut your mouth, please? I think one sprite has its mouth closed. And it's rear end bulges.

Spinda. I've never had a use for this Pokemon, and I don't like that it resembles nothing like a panda. In fact, it looks like a teddy bear with mold as pattern.

Burmy. It is based off of a bagworm. Have you seen a bagworm? They're disgusting.

While I don't hate the designs of these two families rather, their Pokedex entries make me rage. "It was resurrected from an iron ball-like fossil. It downs prey with its headbutts.", "Its skull is as hard as iron. It is a brute that tears down jungle trees while catching prey.", "A Pokémon that lived in jungles around 100 million years ago. Its facial hide is extremely hard.". Ummm, what? Pachycephalosaurs ate soft things like leaves, seeds, fruit, and insects, and possibly scavenged other dinosaurs kills like the cerotopsians did. And speaking of cerotopsians, why is Shieldon descibed as living in jungles, something the animal it's based on didn't live in.

Because its a particular animal, plant, myth, legend, etc is the Inspiration. The Pokemon is not a direct adaptation of watever its based on.

Lickylicky. What is it? Seriously. What is it?

Because its a particular animal, plant, myth, legend, etc is the Inspiration. The Pokemon is not a direct adaptation of watever its based on.

Well the Shieldon I'll let slide scince some cerotopsians lived in the woods. But a carnivorous pachycephalosaur would take a few millions years to evolve. That is, if the K-T asteroid missed.

Lickylicky. What is it? Seriously. What is it?

Apparently a reptile, round baby boy and a bloated gourmand all in one. Its species, however, is simply Licking Pokémon. Go figure.

While it's not the worst designed Pokemon, or my least favorite, I've always thought that Crawdaunt looks like a prostitute. Those blue lips remind me of the heavy make up on them. It's just strange.

Probopass. I didn't need a subtle Mario appearance in my pokemon game thank you

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom