• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Legendary Pokemon!

Worst Legendary

• Zapdos

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Articuno

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Moltres

• Mew

• Mewtwo

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Entei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raikou

• Suicune

• Lugia

• Ho-Oh

• Celebi

• Regirock

• Regice

• Registeel

• Latios

• Latias

• Kyogre

• Groudon

• Rayquaza

• Jirachi

• Deoxys

• Azelf

• Mesprit

• Uxie

• Dialga

• Palkia

• Giratina

• Cresselia

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Darkrai

• Manaphy

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Phione

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • Heatran

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 26 14.6%
  • Shaymin

• Arceus

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Victini

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Cobalion

• Terrakion

• Virizion

• Tornadus

• Thundurus

• Landorus

• Zekrom

• Reshiram

• Kyurem

• Meloetta

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Genesect

• Keldeo

• Xerneas

• Yveltal

• Zygarde

• Diancie

• Hoopa

• Volcanion

• Type: Null

• Silvally

• Tapu Koko

• Tapu Lele

• Tapu Bulu

• Tapu Fini

• Cosmog

• Cosmoem

• Solgaleo

• Lunala

• Necrozma

• Magearna

• Marshadow

• Zeraora

• Total voters
Phione

What the fuck is even the point of this thing? I mean, the sole way to obtain it is to do something you'd never think to do (breeding a Legendary).

Its stats are a little above average if balanced and its moveset completely sucks.

I'm really the first person who voted for Cosmog? What?!

Yeah, sure, I know. Nebby the Cosmog is a critically important character in the story of SM and USUM. All you gotta do is either set all of that aside or wait for Gen VIII and voila; the ultimate wasted Pokédex slot! Phione might be getting a hard time here but the way I'm looking at this, at least it's hypothetically useful if you're actually that much of a fan. The best we could see from Cosmog on its own is Z-Splash right before the glorious Struggle spam.

I would say Phione, but if I really stop to think about it, I’m more likely to use a Phione than I ever am to use a Regigigas. Which is a shame, because I like the Regis a lot. But not only is Regigigas saddled with that needlessly hampering ability (seriously, if we can have things like Mega Ray and the Primals running around freely, Regigigas is not that big of a problem), they didn’t even do much with it on a mythology level. All they did was nick a local Japanese myth and glue that onto a Regidaddy while ignoring the established lore surrounding the Regi family. There aren’t any braille puzzles in Sinnoh and there is no explanation at all for how Regigigas’s offspring ended up in Hoenn. (I know that fans tend to assume Regigigas was sealed away and then the others were shipped off to Hoenn to keep anyone from easily unsealing Regigigas, but the thing about that is, Regigigas is never actually said to be imprisoned; it’s just asleep, and ORAS has since shown that it is free to get up and walk around whenever it wants, whereas the Pokédex entries for Regirock and Registeel specifically mention their imprisonment by humans. And of course, in the original Japanese version, the Sealed Chamber text in RSE doesn’t actually distinguish between whether it was a singular Pokémon or multiple Pokémon that were “feared,” so it could be and I think likely is referring to the trio, not Regigigas.)

Competitive: I don't care, but Cosmog and Cosmoem are obvious choices.

Design: Genie-form (I have never cared enough to learn the actual name) Tornadus, Landorus and Thundurus. Their face is too agressive, and they are recolors of each other. Heatran, Tapu Lele and regular Necrozma are also a bit boring.

Lore and importance: Phione, nobody knows what it's supposed to represent. Volcanion, Marshadow and Zeraora, because how painful is to see that they have nothing of importance. Volcanion at least has cannons, and Marshadow at least is cute and has potential to get something in the future, so I choose the cool cat as the worst of them all.

I'm gonna have to go with Regigias. It was a cool concept and I was kind of excited when I first saw it when DP came out, but it was just such a big disappointment.

Wait. Type: Null and Sylvally are legendaries? What?!

Anyway, it’s between Moltres and the Lake Trio. I don’t hate Phione but I do find it unnecessary because Manaphy’s there, and I find Regigigas pretty cool imo.

Anyway, I’m gonna give a pass to Moltres because its design is great and based on the Phoenix. Lake Trio had bad designs and i didn’t get what was the point of including them in the lore.

Cosmog. Its literally useless. Some of the other's can do other things well, even if they are niche. Sheer Cold fishing for Articuno, Skill Swap for Regigias, and Copycat + TR for Mespirit.

Apparently I haven’t posted in this thread so here goes. My vote goes to Heatran. I see people knocking legendaries like Phione and Cosmog because they’re unevolved and therefore “useless”, but honestly I wouldn’t call them useless for the same reason I wouldn’t call Magikarp useless; they evolve into something cool.

Heatran is stuck where he is, just a butt-ugly blah legendary with no place where it has an edge over any other legendaries. If you look in the Trivia section of its Bulbapedia page - where it usually discusses the origin of a Pokémon’s design - even that seems confused as to what Heatran is supposed to be. As far as I know it’s just a blob of lava with a face and legs. It’s so ugly!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom