• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst starter?

Which starter is the worst?

• Total voters
Piplup, chimchar and treeko. Piplup is just annoying in the anime and sucks so bad in the games. I ditched mine at level 36. Chimchar is way overrated and I hate it and it evos. And im not sure why I have always hated treecko. But I like its evolutions.

Chikorita = worst starter ever.
Piplup = worst starter in the anime ever (look how irritating Dawn's Piplup is).

Its a close one between Tsutarja, Mijamura, Pokabu and Mudkip. I think they are the only starters u couldnt pay me to use. Maybe Piplup and Chimchar too...

Its a close one between Tsutarja, Mijamura, Pokabu and Mudkip. I think they are the only starters u couldnt pay me to use. Maybe Piplup and Chimchar too...

Your not gonna play Black and White then?

I personally think all the fire starters except for Cyndaquil sucked. I just hate Charmander for some reason, I don't like how a chick like Torchic can become a Fight-type, and Chimchar...no. Just no. & I hate this new fire pig. (Yeah I'm not calling it by name until it's in English...just me.
The grass ones...the original was the best. I love Bulbasaur. Chikorita is ok, but I hate the evolutions for it. I had a Treeko in Sapphire (because I was young & stupid) & I had to train it until it was a level 88 Sceptile before it stood a chance in the Pokemone League. And Turtwig...let's just not go there. I don't like it. I just don't. This new grass lizard...I don't know what to think.
Water: Squirtle...neh. Not very fond of it. I HATE Totodile, it just has a crappy design & it looks evil...just no. Mudkip...I'd rather just have a plain water starter, but it's ok I guess. For both my Diamond & Platinum I chose Piplup as a starter. I agree it's annoying at first, but I hated the other ones & once it evolves into an Empoleon it's bombass. The sea otter thing...it's a Piplup ripoff.
Thank you for taking the time to read this rambling post. :)

Chikorita. It can defend, but it's not as useful as its other Grass counterparts, IMO.

Why would you include Gen 5 starters we don't evne know their second and final forms and what type they turn into....

But I don't like Torchic because its final form doesn't help at all with Winona, Tate & Liza, and Wallace/Juan

I don't like Piplup. It turns into water/steel type which does nothing for me, just adds more weaknesses to get rid of a meh grass weakness. Just not a fan of it.

Piplup is a horrible Pokemon with a horrible moveset that evolves into an ugly thing with an even worse moveset. It is also a penguin and I'm sick and tired of penguins. PASS.

i was going to vote for chikorita.. but then i saw the mijumaru option. it's not cute- it has a snowball for a head. it is disturbingly freaky.
and why is it spelled "tsutarja"? i thought it was "tsutaaja"?

This. Piplup is so boring and annoying.
Take that back about Piplup! He's awesome and incredible when he turns into Empoleon. Yesterday I won a battle to get a shiny with Empoleon. But somehow, I just hate Piplup's 2nd evolution. But he's still got to be one of my favorite's

My least favorite is Mijumiru by a mile.
I shall have to tell people in the Knights of Mijumiru about you not liking him. And he's a sea otter everyone, not a penguin like Piplup. So stop saying about how Mijumiru's a copy of Piplup everyone.

Chikorita. Never liked that damn leaf on it's head. That and it fails pretty hard at any battle. Gen 5 may be the first I choose the grass starter however.

Chimchar, mostly because I have a personal Vendetta against that overused fire monkey.

Although I didn't hate any starters (in fact, I like all of them), I picked Charmander.

I understand that it is a dubious choice to some, mainly because of its cool factor, but I feel that it looks less appealing than all the other starters, and to me the others overshadow Charmander in the "wow"-factor.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom