• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Just plugged the Workshop on our Facebook page because it's been pretty quiet over there and Ryuu asked what people would want to see more of. Someone asked about showcasing fics. That got me wondering...I know we don't really have enough regular posters here to highlight individual fics on a regular basis, but @AceTrainer14; what if we were to post or link the Academy lessons on our Facebook? It'd be a great way to get some more traffic to the section as well as to showcase our community.

Thanks for the plug, it is appreciated :) I think Academy lessons could be good. With terms of highlighting individual fics, we do have the Fic of the Month and Review Game that could be good to get some attention for if things are slow, but a better idea could be giving the Award winners some attention? Maybe just when the winners are all announced, a link could be posted to the Winners List?

Just plugged the Workshop on our Facebook page because it's been pretty quiet over there and Ryuu asked what people would want to see more of. Someone asked about showcasing fics. That got me wondering...I know we don't really have enough regular posters here to highlight individual fics on a regular basis, but @AceTrainer14; what if we were to post or link the Academy lessons on our Facebook? It'd be a great way to get some more traffic to the section as well as to showcase our community.

Thanks for the plug, it is appreciated :) I think Academy lessons could be good. With terms of highlighting individual fics, we do have the Fic of the Month and Review Game that could be good to get some attention for if things are slow, but a better idea could be giving the Award winners some attention? Maybe just when the winners are all announced, a link could be posted to the Winners List?

I thought of that too, but considering our relatively small pool of posters that I mentioned earlier, I thought that might get repetitive. Plus, many of the award-winners tend to be the longer, more complex multi-chapter stories; they're amazing, don't get me wrong, but they might scare off people casually looking in for the first time.

@Feliciano: I didn't mean highlighting individual stories on the page, I just meant posting something like "The Fairground Awards have finished - if your looking for something to read, here are all the winners: ... " and then letting people go from there. And last round we had several rather short winners, so I don't think it would be too intimidating. Just an option :)

In case people are not aware (and it seems a lot of you aren't), we have some small announcements:
- We are running a survey that I ask everyone to please take part in. You can find more information here or jump straight to the survey here. Trust me when I say that it will take you only a few minutes, five at the absolute maximum, to complete the survey and it will be very benefitial to everyone using the Fairground and Written Word to fill it in, so for the sake of the forums please do it!
- In the same thread you will find information about the next Awards, so click on the first link if you have not yet read
- And we have edited Rule Two again, making it that all first chapters/prologues must be 1000 words minimum, and we will no longer count if it is a page long.
Remember to keep an eye on stickies in the Fairground to see what is new!

I think that plugging the Fic of the Month wouldn't be a bad idea. There's only been one repeat so far, and I don't think there will be another one in the near future, as I can think of several deserving fics that haven't gotten it yet. A huge variety of fics long and short have been featured.

@AceTrainer14; Oh, I see. Yeah, that's also a good idea. And survey completed.
@AetherX; Are we even still doing the Fic of the Month on a regular basis anymore? If so, that would be pretty fantastic way to get started.

It has been nearly a month since Aether made a request for a review in the Review Game! We have had a lot of new members lately, and this would be a great way to help you merge in to the community, but this is of course open to anyone so if you want a review, you simply have to read and review a minimum of one chapter and you'll get one back :D

Also, remember the survey we have going on folks; if you have not yet done it, it will be of great help to everyone if you take a few minutes to answer some simple questions :)

Also, for what it's worth, I'll probably reciprocate your review on top of the one you'll get from the review game. It might take a while, but I'll do it.

It's not been long since my last Review Game request as memory serves ... but if no-one's moved the game on by Sunday I'll sling Aethyr a review

Due to delays like this, we made it a rule that after two weeks you no longer have to wait five turns and can just review the story if you want to :) The game is meant to be something that has rapid turn over, but unfortunately it seems that, despite some people always complaining about reviews, few people are actually willing to read someone else's story in order to earn a review in turn. It would be great to see this game get updated at least once a week and I hope some day we do have that happen.

Thought I'll post a little update on how I'm doing at the moment. I'm currently feeling a little bit better now and I've also started to exercise to help relieve my stress. Nevertheless, it will still take a while before I make a full recovery.

Also Pavell, I'm currently reading your fic for the review game and so far, I enjoyed reading it.

Glad your better Tophat :)

Just a reminder that the survey is still ongoing and we would really like some more feedback, so if you have not yet done it, please click on the link in my signature and read about it as well as the extra opportunity at next months Awards :)

Hello everyone, i'm back from my hiatus. However I'm going to College which mean I won't be active here.

Back
Top Bottom