• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY025: Shōyō Gym Battle! Pikachu VS Chigoras!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again ladies and gentlemen! Let the Pika-overusing begin!

I'm sorry, did you expect him to use Fletchling in a Rock type Gym?

Pikachu is obviously the better choice. Wait until Ash has more options, then we can start calling Pikachu overused lol

This is the second time in a row the japan title has been Pikachu vs.... It should have been Froakie vs..... Pika in every battle. Sigh.
I recall an Ash who could have used Fletchling to outspeed the slow Rock types and use aerial mobility to get advantage despite the typing.

And that Ash would most likely lose. Using Fletchling here would be suicide. It's attacks would do next to nothing except Steel Wing. And if you're going to use a pokemon just for its steel move, you'd definetely pick Pikachu over Fletchling

I still like the old Ash who actually could use stuff like Fletchling and win thanks to the speed and aerial movement of Fletchling. But I am not saying that he can not use Pika before Fletchling here. I think they should let Pikachu be fallguy and let Froakie/Fletchling take the victory. Now it seems like Pika will get to star in the second gym battle in a row.

I understand the Frustration with using Pikachu here, but he is by far the best choice. And we don't know if he will star. Sure it's most likely, but he may fall and Froakie could pick up the pieces. Titles can be misleading :)

If Ash Catches more pokemon between here and the next gym then uses Pika next time, then yea I'd say he's stealing the spotlight

New pictures.

848104376.jpg

Uh..somebody needs to translate the picture please because I couldn't understand Japanese

What if Onix vs. Froakie is the final battle? remember that misleading DP Oreburgh gym ep. title?

Might be Froakie vs Onix first, Froakie gets worn out, Ash switches him out and it's Pikachu vs Tyrunt, then it's Iron Tail weakens it a bit but ends up getting knocked out, Froakie gets sent out and then Torrent probably activates and they take the win? (lulz theoriez)

So it seems that Froakie has beaten the mighty Onix and is most likely going to fall to Tyrunt (unless he was switched out and Pikachu fell in battle against Tyrunt).

Or maybe this is the final battle and Froakie takes down Tyrunt, anything could happen as there are many examples of misleading titles.

I how both of the gym battles in xy involved tactics. I hope we will return to the prime days of DP in this manner, having Ash and co actually using different strategies.

I think Froakie will beat Onix using double team to evade, before losing to tyrant. And then we'll have some great pika time :)

Or how about Grant using his brain and switching onix out? Its not a wise idea to keep onix in on a quad weak.

This is a weird turn of events. I wonder if the TV Toukyou producer for the series decided they didn't want to wait to air the gym battle after a break?

Well some ferry just sunk in Japan, so since this episode is about a sunken ship, it might not be good to air it RIGHT AFTER a ship actually sunk. I just find it weird how both BW024 and XY024 got cancelled for similar reasons.

Or how about Grant using his brain and switching onix out? Its not a wise idea to keep onix in on a quad weak.

You act as if Grant is allowed to make substitutions.

Lenora was the only gym where substitutions were allowed for the gym leader. Every other gym (with a referee), only challengers are allowed to substitute.

Well some ferry just sunk in Japan, so since this episode is about a sunken ship, it might not be good to air it RIGHT AFTER a ship actually sunk. I just find it weird how both BW024 and XY024 got cancelled for similar reasons.

What ferry sank in Japan? The South Korean one or the ships seized by the Chinese?

Not really looking like the same thing in my opinion.

It's because the ferry that sunk in South Korea, over 70 people (mostly youngsters) dead and hundred of missing, a big horrible tragedy.

Well, it seems we're getting the gym battle sooner, the schedule will mess a bit, wonder what will happen with the 1 hour special for May 29?

It's because the ferry that sunk in South Korea, over 70 people (mostly youngsters) dead and hundred of missing, a big horrible tragedy.

I'm wondering if its not just the South Korean ferry as this change seems to have been announced not that quickly afterwards. I'm thinking its a combination of MH370 still being searched for on the seabed, the South Korean ferry and the two ships seized by China.

I'm very glad the writers are being sensitive to these ongoing maritime issues.

Now, does that mean there is a preview available for this episode now?

Time to see if my gym matchup predictions will come true.

This will be just like the Burgh gym episode... no preview at all, what a coincidence. :X

Tomioka Atsuhiro and his freelance writers do not decide how to schedule episodes. This decision was made by the TV Toukyou producer on the series, the OLM producer, and probably the series directors, Yuyama Kunihiko and Yajima Tetsuo.

Should this episode be now considered as XY024 on Bulbapedia?

The Burgh episode was edited to BW023 (originally it was BW025) since the two TR vs. TP episodes never aired. Similarly, the Castelia City fishing episode (originally BW026) eventually aired a few months later and is now listed as BW037.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom