• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Hopes for Ultra Sun & Moon

Vyrron

#TeamSword
Reaction score
Is there something that you hope is in the new games? Or what new features do you expect them to add?

Here's what I want personally:

• Walking Pokemon. I mean we know they have the animations ready, and it'll definitely be a selling point for USUM.
  • Expanded Battle Tree. With all the cameos of old characters it has potential to become PWT2.
  • New Megas. I just miss them, and I'm much rather see Mega Evolution make a return rather than new Z-Moves.
  • More non-Kanto Alolan formes!

Since it seems to be a third version, I expect some new features and slight story changes. Walking pokemon for an example. But since it's still for the 3DS, there's not that much room for some crazy stuff.

-Non-battle tree type of area for me to do post game. It's way more frustrating than fun as it is. Maybe give us people who don't meta-game something to do.
-More unique designed outfits and less clone clothes
-Alolan forms are always good
-MORE YA BOI GUZMA
-Better handling of ultrabeasts beyond nihilego. Seriously they felt like afterthoughts to the story even though they all got released at the climax.
-MORE POKEMON
-Better picture taking instead of just 'pokemon runs in circle. occasionally does animation'
-Less chatty rotom dex. ...better looking rotom dex.
-National Dex
-FREAKING LEAF WAS A PROTAGONIST TOO PUT HER IN. ):<
-Better Festival Plaza

Sequel. That is all.

A new PWT would be good too.

"Want" is a bit of a strong word in terms of my feelings toward Walking Pokémon, but it does seem like the smart thing to do here.

- Substantial differences from SM in terms of story/progression; at the very least, the trials should all be different
- Alola Forms for more Pokémon obviously; Rapidash is my main desire, and there's really no more excuse to not break into Gen 2, at least, for some
- More varied clothing choices
- Main game availability for Type: Null, Sensu Oricorio, Porygon, Drampa, etc.
- Pack more features into the Rotom Dex so that it isn't just torturously recycling seven lines of dialogue in the post-game
- Make more buildings more fleshed out (or accessible to begin with)

I'll think of more

• Walking with your Pokemon
  • New Mega Evolution
  • New Exclusive Z-Moves
  • New Mechanic relates to Z-Moves, maybe Z-forms
  • Kalos Post-Game region
  • New Alolan Formes and Bring back Kanto Formes
  • Expanded Battle Tree
  • Trials and Gyms

No version exclusive clothes.
Hats able to be worn no matter the hairstyle
More variety with the clothes
Don't lock off certain clothes, hairstyles, or eye colors until post game.
Better variety within the apparel shops (at least one of each item should be available in each shop)
Dresses!!!!!!!
New exclusive Z-Moves for non-Kanto Pokemon
New Alolan forms for non-Kanto Pokemon
Selene/ Elio being the Champion since they became the first Champion in Sun and Moon (if these kids aren't them).
Split starter evolutions

For my own sake, I'm gonna go in with just two main expectations.

It's gotta do more with the Rotom Dex, to validate this thing replacing so many other more useful apps from previous Generations, and give us more outlets for Battle.

• Walking Pokémon
  • Skippable tutorials (PLS)
  • Waaaay more customization options
  • Improved SOS battle mechanics (e.g. less 'no help appeared')
  • No Rotom Dex
  • No more version exclusive clothing or colors :/
  • More Pokémon from Gen IV and V in the regional dex
- Main game availability for Type: Null, Sensu Oricorio, Porygon, Drampa, etc.

^This

I've got hopes and dreams for this game yo.

• new Pokemon (at least new Alolan forms, maybe some ones that aren't Kanto pokemon).
  • an Expanded dex (More old Pokemon basically)
  • The National Dex, but you only need to complete the regional dex to get the shiny charm
  • More variety in clothing options (and don't make the colors game exclusive, and dresses!)
  • Walking Pokemon
  • New Megas (this isn't a very big one for me, I can wait till the next game on this one. I like Megas, but I understand if they just want to focus on Z-Moves and Alolan forms for now
  • Gyms. I want this game to be a sequel game, and I want to see if Profesor Kukui expanded his league even more to include gyms, and who are the gym leaders, the trial captains or someone else?

Thats all, for now.

• National Pokedex. Absolutely inexcusable this was absent from Sun/Moon.
  • New Alola Forms (for Pokemon outside of Generation I)
  • No More SOS wild Pokemon mechanism.
  • Some form of Trainer rebattling (preferably like Trainer's Eyes)
  • Some mechanism like the DexNav from OR/AS.
  • Less Generation I pandering altogether.
  • A new island or two (the region just feels so small)
  • More outfits and hairstyles.

Just thought of some more:
  • Being able to turn off the type effectiveness hints in the battle screen.
  • More Trainers having more than max. two Pokémon.
  • Do....something with the Festival Plaza so it becomes more practical. Or just delete it and bring back the PSS (probably not happening)
  • Get rid of the bubbling water mechanic when fishing (also probably not happening)
  • More Guzma
  • More Plumeria
  • More Team Skull in general

A way to catch a Mythical (in addition to Deoxys) in game. Preferably, Diancie or a gen 4/5 Mythical.

More dye colors and more space to actually put the dye shops in the Plaza. As well as removing the once-a-day limit on certain services.

A method of grinding that does rely on already having 5300+ FC, the luck to find someone with a maxed Rare Kitchen and multiple E4 trips.

Another thing, I forgot to mention. I hope all Z-Crystals are given out by characters as part of the main story line and I hope we get them all sooner than we did in Sun and Moon. I'd rather not have to go wandering through deserts to find Psychium-Z, nor do I want to wait until right before the Elite 4 until I can use Subzero Slammer.

• A more sequel like story, maybe a year after since it will be a year since it released.
  • A Twilight function, where night and day become twilight at certain times.
  • New islands, with returning Pokemon.
  • More Alolan forms, especially for non-Gen 1's(though a Alolan Parasect is okay).
  • Return of New Megas and a easier way to obtained them.
  • Return of Lillie.
  • More variety in clothing, (possible acquiring of previous M.C's clothing, and hopefully genderswaps for each).
  • Less Kanto Glorification.
  • Less focus on Z-Moves. I still dislike the idea of Z-Moves, I never used one throughout playing Pokemon Sun.

Last edited:
I hope they count SOS calling as the opposing Pokemon's turn. I found it annoying they could do also attack in one turn.

Secondly, a much better/expanded post-game.

Most of my hopes are the same for every pokemon game.

Relatively quick consistent and easy ways to get stuff when you're done with game: level ups, hidden abilites, bottle caps, legendaries with hidden abilities event pokemon etc.

Good battle facilities.

A new multiplayer mode that uses the games core RPG mechanics in a bigger group and doesn't require as much investment as competitive battling.

Also for the main story to be not be too easy not be too hard and not have too much text before actually starting your journey.

But for this game I want to see a start of a new pattern. Where the first games in a gen won't make new megas but sequels and remakes will make plenty.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom