• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "What the....?" moments!

Marlon popping out of the water...at 11 o'clock at night. In the dead of winter. Somebody has a death wish....

Yes, his reproductive organs.

''I'm going to unleash my rage'' in the trailer, it just came out of nowhere too.

When half of my team crit-killed all of Ghetsis's Pokémon in White, Arceus seemed to be pleased with me that day, but I just had to restart, otherwise it wouldn't be fair, and so, not fun at all.

When I saw how crappy Snivy's stats were. You'd think a snake could bite...

Not all snakes do, some prefer to whittle away, toy with their prey if you will, or strangle them with well placed coils.

Well, Hugh seems to be stupid with Leer, he spammed it even though my Pidove clearly had Big Pecks in our second battle.

Also, I was a little baffled when I fought a Dunsparce, it's just such an odd Pokémon, I thought it was a ground type...

- When I was young and saw a shiny Pokèmon (that wasn't Gyarados) for the first time. I had no idea what it was but I had to have it.
- Realizing after keeping a file for longer than I'd ever had on Platinum I was getting close to 493 Pokèmon. I went all and actually GOT the 493 Pokèmon.
- While attempting the above feat I put an Eevee on the GTS to ask for a Lanturn. I got a shiny. (Of course it was hacked but still...)
- Realizing that people are willing to give ANYTHING for a female Eevee, Starter or Zorua. I got a legit Keldeo for a female Zorua.
- Being assaulted by the musketeer trio in Black 2...and realizing none of my Pokèmon knows a good move for sleep/paralysis that doesn't also injure the Pokèmon.

Caught Hetran with a luxury ball on the first turn, and lost a master ball trying to catch Latios in B2 20 minutes later. I was all, dafuq? I mean literally, how the hell do the random capture caculators work in this game?

When I battled a wild Leavanny in Black 2. Lets just say that String Shot shot out from a very awkward location. o_O

One "What the..." moment I had was when Ghetsis pretty much snaps after his loss in B2W2 and has to be taken away by one of the Shadow Triad. I really was quite confused... Maybe it was because I used a Durant to OHKO his Hydreigon, that would probably ruin anybody's day.

Earlier this evening I got my trade of the GTS: a female Dwebble for a male Psyduck, low leveled.
I got one that was holding an Exp. Share.
Thank you, Justin.

Right now I am playing Diamond and my Day Care App is showing that there is no egg but the old man has an egg for me. Even when I click the app to refresh it still shows no egg. I'm curious to find out if this is a glitch or some rare thing I found. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

EDIT/UPDATE

OK, I went and took the egg from the old man that never appeared on the Day Care App. Then I walked around some more and still no eggs shows up on the app even when the old man has an egg.

So, I went and removed 1 of the Pokemon that he was raising and replaced it with another. I walked around and the app started working again. But, after a while the app stopped working again. So I now know that this isn't just a random glitch.

The first time it happened was when I was using the Masuda method to find shiny Pokemon in eggs. After obtaining about 100 eggs is around the time the app stopped working.

The second time it happened was when I was doing the same thing as above just with a different Pokemon being bred.

Now, I am hoping that this means a shiny Pokemon is about to appear, because the first time it happened a few minutes later I got my shiny Growlithe.

Again, I'll fill you in on what happens.

Last edited:
Opponent: *crit, crit, crit*
Me: *miss, miss, miss*

I hate when that happens. Also...

Opponent: ... is confused, ... used ...
Me: ... is confused, ... hurt itself in confusion, ... fainted.

Let's not forget this which seems to happen to me a lot:

Opponent: uses Night Slash, crits most of the time.
Me: uses Night Slash, crits... hardly ever.

"Critical hits land more easily." Yeah, right.

Also, some time ago, I decided to ressurect a couple fossils and got a Cranidos and Tirtouga. What surprised me was that both were female (1/8 chance each), which I didn't expect. Pleasant surprise, I must add.

Me using Volcarona to battle Latios on Black2

Volcarona used Flamethrower! - Critical hit! Latios is in the red!
Latios used Psychic!
Me: Ultra Ball - failed!
Latios used Psychic!
Me: Ultra Ball - failed!
Latios used Heal Pulse!
Volcarona's HP was restored!

... wut

i have 2 WTF moments...

1st..different ability:....i captured a snorlax (cause he has great hp.....after having the national pokedex) i trained him to level 100...but when i saw his stats...he didnt has the robust hability!?

2nd WTF: i selected snivy as starter....when i finished training her i fighted N for the first time...when snivy entered....SHE WAS LEVEL 105! (whit ??? hp and stats)....but after i finished that battle....she returned to her normal stats....i was totally shocked (literally) about that....

I was in the Battle Institute and a non-Scarfed TTar got the first move on my Starmie.
(Who was full EVs in Speed with a Jolly nature)

Heal Pulse restores a target HP its a bad movement for 1vs1 cause the movement heals your enemy....but its a good movement when used on 2vs2 or 3vs3 (not rotative)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom