• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "YES!" moments

When I beat the E4 in my first pokemon game (Pearl).

Also, when I beat the E4 in Emerald--I really wanted to go to the Battle Frontier.

And when I won my Battle Frontier symbols.

Defeating Steven on Sapphire, I remember it well because I struggled so much with him for some reason. He had reduced my team to about two Pokemon and he only had his Cradily left and I was using Pokemon that had a disadvantage to his so it was even more unbalanced, I ended up winning but it was such an accomplished because not only had I won by a narrow victory but I had also conquered the Hoenn region.

Catching Regirock with a pokeball on the first try was a real YES moment for me !

When my Dragonair evolved into Dragonite in Pokemon Blue. After seeing the gigantic Dragonite in the episode with Bill, I thought it was the coolest thing ever and was thrilled when I finally got one.

I started my White 2 a few weeks ago and my ID no. is 10000, without any form of RNG abuse. So, so happy!

Catching Zekrom with a Quick Ball on the first try. I yelled YES!! at first... but then, it felt like as if I used my Master Ball, so I reloaded the game and fought Zekrom XDD I only used around 15 Ultra Balls before I officially caught it, though.

I nail a shiny Gobit form GTS; the little guy is nicknamed YoumeikiBow, IIRC and the trainer wanted a female Gible in reply. I take my newest shiny to the Judge and get him looked at.

Potential: Outstanding.
Perfect in: Attack, Defense and Speed.
Nature: Adamant.

He does have one flaw--Klutz. But jeez, this little guy is practically perfect. I love him already!

Spotted: one shiny Golurk. Asking price? An Oshawott. Search for an Oshawott and find one for the low, low price of a Snivy. I trade and get myself a new shiny. Not ten minutes later--Spotted: another shiny Golurk. Asking Price? A Thundurus. Search for a Thundurus and find one for the bargain basement price of a Tornadus. Search down a Tornadus, find a shiny one for a level 100 Suicune. Search for a level 100 Suicune, find one for a level 100 Zapdos. Find a level 100 Zapdos and the trainer wants any Zapdos in return. So what do I do?

Trade my level 50 Zapdos for the level 100 Zapdos.
Trade the level 100 Zapdos for the level 100 Suicune.
Trade the Suicune for the shiny Tornadus.
Trade the shiny Tornadus for the Thundurus.
Trade the Thundurus and get my second shiny Golurk of the night. Awwwww yeah! :cool:

When you catch a Pokemon you've been looking for a long time on the first try is very satisfying!

I found Terrakion in Black 2 a couple of seconds ago, and as it turns out, IT WAS A SHINY! Yes, this is my first shiny EVER. When most people first find a Shiny, it's something general like a Pikachu or Bidoof, but really, how many people had caught a pokemon that is both Legendary and Shiny? I'm sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, but I'm pretty sure the majority of you acted the same way with your first Shiny.

Clearing the Sunset Colosseum in PBR on my first try. It took me multiple tries on my first save file.

Not so much a "YES!" moment, but it was something like that. Basically I was sitting down outside while my sister was playing sport and I was playing Pokemon FireRed on my GameboySP and I was versing MewTwo and I caught it with a Pokeball first go. Although I can understand that's fairly hard to believe, it did happen and I was more shocked then celebrating haha.

-Discovering that I had 18 of the Hoenn Pokemon on my copy of Pearl. I honestly thought I was going to be stuck transferring from Emerald but found out that this was not the case. Talk about a major time saver.

-January 6, 2013: Kanto Dex complete!

-January 8, 2013: Pokemon X and Y.

-January 10, 2013: Johto Dex complete!

And today on Pearl--Reviving a Shieldon and getting one with a Bold Nature on the first try. Feeling lucky, I save and revive a Cranidos....and my first one is a Naughty Natured female! Yep, saved those two. But maybe I should buy a lotto ticket or something... :lol:

Finally catching Raikou. I was determined to catch one wandering Pokemon without the use of Bind etc, and Raikou was the one I finally caught.

I STILL haven't come across a Shiny, but the day I do will be more of a F*** YES moment. Unless I kill it.

When I beat Cynthia in pokemon White in one go. I honestly could not believe that I just beat her with my lv 72-74 pokemon.

Finally catching Raikou. I was determined to catch one wandering Pokemon without the use of Bind etc, and Raikou was the one I finally caught.

I STILL haven't come across a Shiny, but the day I do will be more of a F*** YES moment. Unless I kill it.
Raikou was the biggest adghsdghgs. He was so rude.

But it definitely was a big "yes" moment once caught. xP Every Shiny Pokemon moment is like that. Hehe.

Opening my Birthday present to see a brand new Leafgreen box with my first ever Pokemon game in it... that was probably my biggest "YES" moment in Pokemon. xD;

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom