• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

12 Days of Bulbagarden contest FAQ: Fanart, fanfic contest prizes announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to random drawing winners! And, Redder, you're way too young to be on the internet. Too much scary stuff goes on here.

Most days had upwards of 600 eligible posters. The final day however had only about 250 eligibles, so the odds might have been a bit better than you thought.

Please remember that, in the event one of the daily prize winners wins a fanfic or fanart prize, they will be bumped up and their prize redrawn.

I have to say this to all the lurkers who decided to join recently... don't just abandon this forum just because the contest has been decided. Hang around, get to know us, and have fun. We have a lot to offer, and y'all most likely have a lot to offer us as well, so let's make things fun around here! :)

Thanks, Satoshi-kun! I am one of those ex-lurkers, and I plan to stick around! People who join for the contest don't all lose interest straight away, you know! =D

Just a random question: how did you draw the winners for the "daily posts" part of the contest?

Oh wow, I did hear that the drama llama did strike. It's a shame that some new people felt that a fun contest was something to get totally bent out of shape about. Though I have to say... this was the strangest of them all, I felt like I was back in school again, and that's a pretty scary thought... http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=691674&postcount=68

I have to say this to all the lurkers who decided to join recently... don't just abandon this forum just because the contest has been decided. Hang around, get to know us, and have fun. We have a lot to offer, and y'all most likely have a lot to offer us as well, so let's make things fun around here! :)

Wonder if it's me or Mary getting insulted here lol.

The forums software lets me create a table of all users who satisfy certain parameters. I simply outed a table to Excel of all users who had posted on each day, and made the selections from the list by rolling three 10 sided dice (1 each for the 100's, 10's and 1's columns, rerolling the 100's column die as necessary when it gave me a number too high).

These will be up on Bulbanews later, but to tide you over, here are the winners for the first 11 days of the 12 days competition. I´ll post up what you got a little later this evening. ;) I´ve included user ID´s next to the names, in case some of you have changed names since I rolled your names.

Dec 14:
nickstr (id: 15123)
Lil Brother (id: 3445)
Mitchman Is (id: 24383)
Amadeus Windfall (id: 3413)
=Dragonite= (id: 13834)

Dec 15:
MachoMonferno005 (id: 23736)
Nomura (id: 18518)

Dec 16:
Snake Bandage (id: 1661)

Dec 17:
Marvel Girl (id: 14637)

Dec 18:
fate (id: 10625)

Dec 19:
Lethal Carnivine (id: 13928)

Dec 20:
bell02+ (id: 55)

Dec 21:
Draconium (id: 19848)

Dec 22:
Torgetsu Kon (id: 12446)

Dec 23:
Rhyperior (id: 17936)

Dec 24:
PokemonTrainerLisa (id: 447)
MetaRobo (id: 4409)
Oh wow! Looks like one of my posts from the 24th won me a prize! o.o

YES! That's so awesome!! =D

And you know, no matter what the prize actually is, I'm really glad that I won something from Bulbagarden. So yeah, thanks for having the random drawing, BMG staff!! ^_^

Last edited:
I give my sincere thanks to all the staff organizing the event! It's too unrealistic to be believed! I'm so excited! Congratulations to the other winners!

Congrats to people like Rhyperior and PokemonTrainerLisa! I'm so happy none of the lurkers won :D

And Dragonite, i'm really glad you've decided to stay :D He's shown a good example of the lurkers and has really made an effort to be part of the forums :3

Last edited:
Disappointing to see I didn't win any of these days but I still hope for the 25... when will that be announced?

These will be up on Bulbanews later, but to tide you over, here are the winners for the first 11 days of the 12 days competition. I´ll post up what you got a little later this evening. ;) I´ve included user ID´s next to the names, in case some of you have changed names since I rolled your names.

Dec 14:
nickstr (id: 15123)
Lil Brother (id: 3445)
Mitchman Is (id: 24383)
Amadeus Windfall (id: 3413)
=Dragonite= (id: 13834)

Dec 15:
MachoMonferno005 (id: 23736)
Nomura (id: 18518)

Dec 16:
Snake Bandage (id: 1661)

Dec 17:
Marvel Girl (id: 14637)

Dec 18:
fate (id: 10625)

Dec 19:
Lethal Carnivine (id: 13928)

Dec 20:
bell02+ (id: 55)

Dec 21:
Draconium (id: 19848)

Dec 22:
Torgetsu Kon (id: 12446)

Dec 23:
Rhyperior (id: 17936)

Dec 24:
PokemonTrainerLisa (id: 447)
MetaRobo (id: 4409)

DUDE, I WON SOMETHING!

DUDE!!!

Disappointing to see I didn't win any of these days but I still hope for the 25... when will that be announced?

Archaic said it would be announced together with the results of the fanart and fanfic contests.

okay, relating to the members joining because of the contest.

i did just recently register when i saw the contest, but mainly because i liked the idea of a fanfic battle and thought it would be cool to try it out. i honestly don't really care if i win or not, i just enjoy contests and seeing what other people have posted. now that i am a member of the forums, i think i will check threads out and post:D

I don't see why everyone's so mad about people joining because of the contest. Joining because of a contest is better than not joining at all, right? And even if they only make one or two worthwhile posts, again, it's better than none at all. I'm pretty sure the purpose of the contest was to get new users to join, so what's wrong with new users joining?

If Bulbagraden really cared about new people winning a contest that had no base of seniority, only luck, they could have blocked registration I'd think.

Whining about new people winning a contest is like whining about 18-year-olds who win the lottery the first time they play. It's stupid and it doesn't change anything. :0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom