• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

1Up's Top 5 Lamest Pokemon

Also, I think Delibird should be on the list. It can only learn Present, unless you do a lot of breeding or waste TMs. Also, its stats could be better.

You hate christmas or something?

Anyway, I don't understand why Beauifly is on the list, Butterfree's pretty terrible. They're pretty equal in terms of strength.

Anyway, I don't understand why Beauifly is on the list, Butterfree's pretty terrible. They're pretty equal in terms of strength.

Beautifly made it because it came after Butterfree, and was therefore given added lameness (in the eyes of the person who wrote this) for being a generic copy of a pokemon that came two generations earlier.

Beautifly > Butterfree.

I like its design better. Who cares if we have two butterfly pokemon?

I like its design better. Who cares if we have two butterfly pokemon?

Nostalgiaphobes, you know those people that whine about the current Pokemon not being original like the original 151 were.

Because stuff like Caterpie, Butterfree, Beedrill, Seel and Aerodactyl were the peak of "originality" and "creativity". [/sarcasm]

^Don't forget Squirtle and Persian

Even though both are butterflies, there designs are pretty much different. . Sure they both have wings, head, torso, and limbs, but the design of everything is different. I trufully think Beautifly is on the list because he came in Generation 3, and Butterfree in Generation 1. If it was vice-versa, Butterfree would probably be on the list

No, I don't have anything against Christmas. I just don't like Delibird

Except Butterfree has Compoundeyes + Sleep Powder, which is almost equivalent to Spore (in my opinion, the best move in the game). That at least gives it some redeeming value, I think (looks at poor Parasect's terrible type combination and bad speed).

Because stuff like Caterpie, Butterfree, Beedrill, Seel and Aerodactyl were the peak of "originality" and "creativity". [/sarcasm]

Well they are when you compare them to what came before!!

Its that kind of mentality that is used in making that list that makes it suck.

Butterfree >>>> Beautifly.

I just don't like Beautifly. It doesn't appeal to me, while Butterfree does. Bug/Flying types are never the best combination but with Butterfree it learns Psychic attacks which was very useful to me in LG. Beautifly doesn't and even if it did... Dustox got the good move set there.

Butterfree >>>> Beautifly.

I just don't like Beautifly. It doesn't appeal to me, while Butterfree does. Bug/Flying types are never the best combination but with Butterfree it learns Psychic attacks which was very useful to me in LG. Beautifly doesn't and even if it did... Dustox got the good move set there.

Though Dustox would have been better if it had Levitate

I agree with them all...

and Mr.Mime as numbers 1? I suppose its true...

I would of had oddish in the list... I hate oddish...

Oh well

This is Blaze Signing Off

I agree on Luvdisc and Unown. Unown are just useless, generic, and overall stupid and bland. Luvdisc is in the same boat as the unown. Probopass is just hilarious.

*Gasp*
Mr. Mime is cool.
In a creepy nightmarish pedophile-like way.

They forgot Dunsparce, Ditto, and pretty much ALL the baby Pokemon.
But it is a pretty accurate list.
Unown has played a huge role in the anime though.
Luvdisc is only good for heart scales.
And Probopass was just another one of the worthless Gen IV evos.

From a collector's standpoint Unown are good. It seems to me that not every Pokémon is meant for battling.

The only real resemblance I see between Butterfree and Beutifly is that they both look like butterflies (gasp!). beautifly (and it's pre-evos) aren't so similar that they're just "generic copies".
Nosepass and probopass are epic fail. They are just plain ugly, I don't care how powerful it is if it looks like a giant nose (random note: Skuntank+Probopass=lolz?).

They forgot Dunsparce

I was waiting for this. While it might be a half-decent battler (taking into account that its base speed is shithouse), there's no hide or hair of a trainer I've seen use one ever.

Lickilicky is pretty lame, as is the pre-evolution.

I was waiting for this. While it might be a half-decent battler (taking into account that its base speed is shithouse), there's no hide or hair of a trainer I've seen use one ever.

Lickilicky is pretty lame, as is the pre-evolution.

Ask "Naturalistick" for a battle, he uses one and uses it well I might add. Very skilled trainer, ask him for a battle, he's on my friends list.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom