• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4th Gen Trainer's Travelog

Re: Trainer's Travelog

The route was a bit tougher than I expected just to get to the safari zone, but nothing too bad except for the Magmar/Electabuzz doublt battle. Frustrated me to no end.

Just beat Jasmine. Vulpix had all of 9 hp left when she used hyper potion on Steelix. Luckily my next flamethrower was a critical and one-shot.

My team atm
L28 Girafarig
L28 Nidorino
L26 Doduo
L28 Flaffy
L28 Vulpix
L27 Chikorita

Beat the League at 3 am after 30 hours of gameplay. Then I went to sleep and I just woke up a few minutes ago (right now it's 12:45 pm here.).
I had a five men team leaded by my Level 51 Tyhphlosion. The rest of them were at Level 49 when I challenged Will. By the time I defeated Lance, everyone gained one level except for my Misdreavus who I only used to fight Will and I think one of Bruno's fighters.

BTW the credits sequence was full of charm.

My plans for today? Catch a Pinsir in today's Bug Catching Contest and earn Kanto's first two badges. Here I go!

Well I started up a new game I was wanting to play game using the pokemon of Johto. I have beaten the Violet City gym and the Azalea Town gym. Right Now I have spent about 3 hours looking for Heracross with no luck, I keep on running into Hoothoot's and Pineco's which are getting annoying. My team is currently

Totodile- Lvl. 17
Flaffy- Lvl. 17
Pidgeotto- Lvl. 19
Togepi Egg
Rattata- Knows cut

You know what's really good for getting those last couple levels? The Daycare. It's mindless pedaling, but it saves you from the grinding blues. Plus you can hatch eggs while you're at it.

sschamps.jpg

Look at those champs.

Cool, you didn't rush!

Training, doing those pointless side quests, etc. I just can't pass up whatever Item/TM I'll get next, even though I won't use it. I've just got some training and the League betweeen me and Kanto. After Kanto I only have to catch Suicune and Ho-Oh and I beat it 100%

I've yet to explore Dark Cave :dizzy:

I might post my current team later.

I just beat Pryce, and I'm currently battling Team Rocket in Goldenrod.
Team:
Sudowoodo (Lv. 31)
Ampharos (Lv. 34)
Pidgeotto (Lv. 28)
Bayleef (Lv. 29)
Lapras (Lv. 33)
Growlithe (Lv. 32)

You know what's really good for getting those last couple levels? The Daycare. It's mindless pedaling, but it saves you from the grinding blues. Plus you can hatch eggs while you're at it.

sschamps.jpg

Look at those champs.

Look at you and your champs, oh now look at mine.

60040120.png

ELITE 4 GETTO DAZE!

Well after 6 hours I have finally found a Heracross and she was a pain to catch, I chucked about 15 pokeballs until I had got the magical click. Now im going to train her up to take on Whitney.

Got the first 8 badges, now I'm fixing my team and training up two pokes to join them. Then it's off to Victory Road!

Updated team:
Feraligatr Lvl 35
Meganium Lvl 36
Ampharos Lvl 37
Crobat Lvl 33
Swinub Lvl 30 (training to be a Mamoswine in time)
Dratini Lvl 17 (ExtremeSpeed Dratini)

Also, I have an HM Slave (Kangaskahn Lvl 32) which will be needed for Victory road (knows Rock Smash, Strength, Surf, and Whirlpool).

Before I go any further, is there anything else I need for Victory Road? HM-wise?

Holly hell!! Kanto's leaders are so tough. They are tougher than Lance! Not only their levels are so high (I can't remember any other Leader with Pokémon higher than 50 on their first match), but also the levels of wild Pokémon in Kanto are so low that it's almost impossible to train there. I had a Lv. 50 team and fighting Sabrina's Lv. 55 Alakazam was a pain in the ass. Surge is also giving me a whole lotta hard time now.

Anyways, I like the sandbox-style of the Kanto section: upon arrival, there are already 3 Gyms (Surge, Sabrina and Erika) that you can challenge right away.

And these are my champs!

DSC01225.jpg

My time will be equal to 500 years before I get the champion. I usually take my gaming very slowly and don't rush through things. I also get side tracked with the fun stuff like bug catching contests and pokethlons @_@

After 6 days I still only have 3 badges (then again I have a life too).

But I skipped Marty and went to the lighthouse to train my pokemon more, so when I beat him I'll beat him without getting fustrated because he's winning or something.

My Geodude might be able to beat him, but it's only on level 20 and my strongest pokemon is on level 23 which is a Weepinbell. I don't know how this is going to work out either. I already battled like all the trainers I could find, and I get annoyed with wild pokemon to give me EXP points because you don't get as many. Bahh

I'm totally in a rut right now. I have a lv. 24 Furret and Croconaw ready to take on Morty, but I also have a level 5 Eevee and level 16 Vulpix that I want to have on equal footing. The problem is that I don't have an Exp. Share and my Vulpix has no fire-type moves to attack with. Her quick attack is pitiful. My Eevee also has a Timid nature, so her physical attacks won't do much...

Now what?

Just beat Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, and Pryce today. My battling team consists of a Bayleef, Flaffy, and Magmar. I evolved each of them today once they reached level 30. Plan on evolving them again once they reach level 50 or 60.

Received my Team Rocket uniform in Goldenrod City and had fun seeing the resident's reactions. My favorites were:

4)Team Rocket…
You should have a drink from the vending machine and take a break.
It’s about time you started thinking of how you want to live your life.
3)I never thought about it, but Team Rocket does go shopping…
2)What kind of business would a Team Rocket member have here?
We aren’t selling sanity here. (At the Dept. store)
1)Mom told me to stay away from people in black suits. (This one made me think about lawyers for some reason XD)

Caught a Beedrill in the Bug Catching Contest that won first place~

Getting ready to take out Team Rocket in Goldenrod.

I'm still training to beat Morty. That Gengar of his is tough. Quilava is at lv. 27, and still got knocked out by that shadow ball. Too bad, it's flame wheel really did some damage when it hit.

Currently saved in front of the red Gyarados and soft-resetting for a decent nature. 5 Pokemon in my party, in order to save time.

edit: Got a Careful one on I think the 5th try. Bad news is it's female, so no TM-breeding. But I'll keep it anyway.

Last edited:

Holly hell!! Kanto's leaders are so tough. They are tougher than Lance! Not only their levels are so high (I can't remember any other Leader with Pokémon higher than 50 on their first match), but also the levels of wild Pokémon in Kanto are so low that it's almost impossible to train there. I had a Lv. 50 team and fighting Sabrina's Lv. 55 Alakazam was a pain in the ass. Surge is also giving me a whole lotta hard time now.

Really? Kanto gives me little trouble with my mid-40s to low-50s team... ._. Sometimes I've come a bit close, but nothing too big.

Ohyeah, this was my champion team:

pkmn_ushgss_022.jpg

I've since gotten three Kanto badges, Orange/Thunder, Pink/Soul, and Gold/Marsh. I asked some friends which to get next and they said Crimson/Volcano, so looks like I've got a ways to walk. At least it'll give me the push to get to Route 2 to get my Ambipom's last shiny leaf (she's calm in nature).

98% Overall, Johto is at 100%, Kanto is at 100%, random post-game stuff is at 60%.

I have caught every single legendary in SoulSilver except for Rayquaza and the event pokemon. I've beaten Red on Mt. Silver (hence the new user title and signature). There is almost nothing for me to do, except a few odds and ends added for that exact reason.

Heading to Blackthorn City.
Lapras (Lv. 36)
Growlithe (Lv. 33)
Pidgeotto (Lv. 32)
Bayleef (Lv. 31)
Ampharos (Lv. 35)
Geodude (Lv. 17) (Strength)

Back
Top Bottom