• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A Grand Contest!

Hmmm No ones posted anything new in a while...
What happens in the unlikeley event that im the only guy in scratch trainers

MFreak & GoldenMuk, I'm adding your entries now. Sorry I haven't added them sooner.

Jaxon, if you're the only entrant in scratch trainers, then you automatically get first place. xD Simple as that. Er.. if you want competition, you could always ask for some or something or other. xD

As a note to everyone, I'm currently on a library computer. And well, it sucks. Java even sucks. xD But anyways. Um, I can't exactly check entries at home since I have a virusy laptop & so yeah. If you have an entry, just post it in this thread (or edit your original post & let me know) and I'll get it up upon my next return, whenever that may be. Thankums. :D

OMG Mr Bubbles is really a hiker?
Anybody gonna enter scratch trainers? Doesnt seem fair if I win by default.

I keep trying to do one and failing miserably. If I do one that I'm happy with, I'll enter it.

And by the way, I decided to change one of my fusions - I did a fusion recently comprising seven different Pokemon (Swalot, Gyarados, Glalie, Quagsire, Tangrowth, Rampardos and Garchomp ... ok, I only took a single fin from Garchomp, but hey, it still counts. ;-)) I like it a lot more than my Camerupt one, so I've entered it instead.

Last edited:
GoldenMuk, I'm adding your entry right now.

And yes, guys, I have a working computer now. :)

Here is my entry for the trainer edit part,scatch trianer sprite,and the scatch pokemon,and the vs sprite of the contest,
2j603mu.jpg

zj6las.png
2lto6tz.png
15mgxms.png

Last edited:
I'll enter scratch pokemon.
water_poison_platypus_thingg9538235683-iaza.gif

@Jaxon: An overshade is where you take a sprite and add more highlights/shades. It makes it look more 3D if you do it right.
EDIT: A quick example because I have to go:
quick_overshade_pika6098257829-iaza.gif

EDIT again: I'd like to add an overshade:
arcanine_overshade7350577726-iaza.gif

New scratch sprite:
omgwtfbeebeekyoo4004859385-iaza.gif

Last edited:
How long till the deadline?

EDIT: Heres my entry; Swelliper. It's absolute crap, I know. But hey, it's worth a shot. Take in mind this was my first ever splice, and I do not have OneTrueMedia, so recoloring isn't possible.
picture.php

Last edited:
^^
It's possible to sort out colouring on something like MS Paint - it does take a while, but it can be done. Say for example, you wanted the underside of Seviper's jaw to be the same colour as the red on Swellow's belly. What to do is use the Select tool, select a block of the red on Swellow's chest, copy, paste it on Seviper's jaw and resize it to fit. That's how I do all my sprite splices - check out the ones on page 4 of this thread, or my 'My Pokemon Sprite Fusions' thread (also in the Artist's Alcove). All my sprites in the two places I just mentioned are done with the above method - copying and pasting blocks of colour, then resizing them to fit. As I said, it takes a while, but it's possible, and can really make a sprite look good.

Some new categories? Hmm, might have a stab at them.

^Thats brilliant! I'll have another go at this!

Contest ends March 31st, 2010. That's about... a month & 10 days away? Something like that. Adding the new entries now.

Oh. And a little notice to those who are adding their entries to their original posts (like Jaxon), if you could tell me what page your original post is on, that would be great. :) Thanks. It's getting kinda tedious to go through all of these pages to figure out which post is your original. (Especially since it's pushing 7-8 pages now.)

Back
Top Bottom