• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 6 - BAD END - ENDGAME MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 1 - A Craved Nightlife Theft - 06/05/2

@Yato; It is entirely possible that a Mafia Rolecop would do such a thing. However, what would they have to gain other than placing themselves under unnecessary scrutiny?

I just didn't want to discount the possibility of a Town Rolecop. From where I stand, it appears that it is plausible. Unlikely, but plausible.

In a game of this size, a Fool meeting his win condition could easily spell the immediate end of the game. It's happened before, and is all host preference.

Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 1 - A Craved Nightlife Theft - 06/05/2

Even if there was a town rolecop, I really don't think their ability would help at the moment anyhow. As far as checking Yato goes.

GliscorMan said:
a Fool meeting his win condition could easily spell the immediate end of the game.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm honestly just confused. Could you elaborate more on that..? I'm thinking about it, and I don't really see how lynching a fool on day 1 would make or break the game. Pretty sure we don't have to worry about that at the moment anyway, considering Farfetch'd had no reason to lie about his win condition and he doesn't seem out to get lynched.

1. @GastlyGibus;
2. @ZunoRai.;
3. @harryheart;
4. @Marius;
5. @Farfetchd the Vigilante;
6. @CrackFox;
7. @Yato;
8. @FinalArcadia;
9. @Lysandre;
10. @GliscorMan;
11. @Joltik;
12. @Momoka;
13. @Mijzelffan;
14. @Shiny Ditto;
15. @Flaze;
16. @Squall Leonhart;
17. @Midorikawa;

Vote Tally:

No Lynch - I (ZunoRai.)
Crackfox - I (Mijzelffan)
Yato - I (Farfetchd the Vigilante)
Mijzelffan - I (Crackfox)
Gliscorman - I (Joltik)
Farfetchd the Vigilante - IX (Yato, Marius, Midorikawa, Shiny Ditto, GastlyGibus, Lysandre, Momoka, Crackfox, Gliscorman)

Night 1 - A Craved Nightlife Theft

The day in court started out in utter chaos. Fingers were being pointed at almost everyone, but suddenly, someone decided to speak up after being accused of stealing lives. He thought that if he actually helped out for once with his talent, everyone would actually like him and praise him for how much of a great guy he is, but the opposite happened instead.

Phineas Filch, the caretaker of Kyuubi Manor, had went to privately talk with somebody he thought would be trustworthy. "Hey there... I'm sure you'd love some help, because during the night, I can check on somebody and see what they're doing." the caretaker had told them, feeling happy that it was likely they were a person to be trusted. "Oh really? Aren't you a thief, though?" the person responded. "Well yes, while I am a thief, I have decided to change my ways for the greater good! I won't backstab anyone I swear! I have nothing to gain!" Phineas said with a lot of courage and honesty in his eyes. "Very well then." said the person.

"HEY EVERYONE! This shady character here has admitted to being a thief! We should get them arrested today, thieves are the most untrustworthy characters!" the person said out loud. "WHAT?!" shouted Phineas, disappointed and heartbroken at what the person decided to do. "Speak for yourself, you're really shady yourself!" another person said to the person. "Hmm... a thief is indeed a very suspicious figure." the crowd whispered.

It didn't take long until more than half the crowd voted Phineas to have him arrested. He was heartbroken, crying that nobody trusted him, but it was expected. He hoped that once he came out of prison, everyone would see him as a new man willing to do good only. Meanwhile the Unjust laughed that those allied with Justice had arrested an ally that could have gotten them in very big trouble if they learned what they were doing.

Phineas Filch
200px-PhineasFilch.PNG
"The name's Filch, Phineas Filch, caretaker of Kyubi Manor, and I am in love with Florent L'Belle."

A sneaky thief, being the grandson of a legendary thief. As a caretaker, you don't actually take care of anything but yourself, always watching TV or trying to cook up some nasty plan. You always try to steal items from the guests of the manor, and you end up succeeding if they're gullible enough. You don't care about what's happening despite being demanded to stand in court and you accidentally helped the true murderer of Rex Kyubi without knowing they committed murder.

With your ability to sneakily steal things, you are a 1x Mimic. You can pick a player during the Night Phase and you will mimic it, making you be able to use one shot of it. This doesn't work on all roles though, so in the case that you do not receive a role, you will be able to use your Mimic the following night. It also doesn't take away any power from the player you choose. To use this action, just PM both hosts Mimic: PLAYER and you may potentially receive something by the end of the phase.

You are also an Independent who needs to stay alive until one side wins. As a player in the game, you don't count in either the Mafia's or Town's total.

You are allied with Yourself. To win you must make it to the end of the game alive.

Farfetchd the Vigilante was arrested. He was allied with Himself.

It is now Night 1. The phase will end in 24 hours at 10PM GMT+1 7/5/2014. Please send in any Night Actions you may have to both HumanDawn and Clusiana in the format provided in your Role PMs. If you have any questions regarding your role, don't hesitate to ask any of us to clarify how to use it and/or what it does.

tumblr_mx2v5bpPOl1qkq1zyo1_400.png

And so it begins…

*puts on detective cap and pulls out smoking pipe*

Hmm… hm… yes… I’ve got it.

If you take the name “Farfetchd the Vigilante,” and rearrange the letters, you get “A Craved Nightlife Theft.” This indicates that Farfetchd craves a nightlife theft… wait a minute… nightlife…

Just like the night phase!

A theft? Theft of what? A theft of life, of course!

You were so close...

Last edited:

Well... That turned out pretty much exactly like we expected. Although his role PM doesn't mention the person losing the ability. He's just a Mimic.

Hm. Well, that happened. Wish he'd been something more threatening, but I guess it's good it wasn't a mislynch, and this is one less factor to worry about in the future.

Well, now ive realised how dangerous that role couldve been!

Nevertheless, good night :)

Well, now ive realised how dangerous that role couldve been!

Nevertheless, good night :)

It actually wasn't a huge danger, since the person didn't permanently lose their role or anything, unless he chose to align himself with the mafia.

On one hand, it's good we got out a potential threat for later in the game. On the other hand, an independent kill doesn't really give us that much information, as far as looking through the thread. Although, I think GliscorMan was the only person who really seemed against the lynch on Farfetch'd(I think?).

Anyway, as far as a lynch against Yato goes, if anyone was planning on it... I'd advise against it. I don't think Zima would have hatched a scheme or potentially put herself in danger by claiming miller so early in the game and then agreeing on a lynch against her.

Well thanks for hosting HumanDawn and Clusiana!

Probably would have lasted a lot longer had my role not been revealed but oh well!

Huh, I forgot about Filch being a possible independent. At any rate, that ability could have been potentially harmful, so I guess the lynch is somewhat of a good thing.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm honestly just confused. Could you elaborate more on that..? I'm thinking about it, and I don't really see how lynching a fool on day 1 would make or break the game.

Not that it matters much anymore, but I think in some cases the fool could end the game if they won; it depends on the hosts decision in those cases.

Oh well. Better to us dead than alive. He could and probably would have conspired against us if he needed to. As for my thoughts on Yato, not convinced she's definitely miller but she's not worrying me too much. See what happens tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get news of a cop check from some source.

Not that it matters much anymore, but I think in some cases the fool could end the game if they won; it depends on the hosts decision in those cases.
Oooh, okay. I guess it's been a while since I've seen that happen in a game, so I totally forgot that could happen.

@Momoka; I wasn't actually against Farfetch'd's lynch. I was just really confused at the time and needed some time to read things over and think on what was even happening in the first place. The whole phase sorta took my off guard.

Anyways, I'm not really sure why a Town Rolecheck on Yato wouldn't benefit the Town. Could you please explain what you meant by that?

Anyways, I'm not really sure why a Town Rolecheck on Yato wouldn't benefit the Town. Could you please explain what you meant by that?

I think he just meant that Rolecops are much more likely to be mafia than town.

Just as an honest question, why is it more possible for a rolecop to be mafia?

It's just more common, I think.

GliscorMan said:
More than likely, there would be a mafia rolecop and not a town one since that is pretty rare. I'm not saying there can't be town rolecops, but usually the majority believes them to be mafia regardless of what their alignment is. I'm going off of experiences from other games.

My other reason for saying that is I don't think we could benefit by having a rolecop check because at this point I'm about 98% sure that Zima wasn't lying when she claimed to Farfetch'd. She would have really had no reason to, not this early in the game. Farfetch'd also had no reason to lie about his role, he could have easily claimed to be a town mimic if he were mafia to seem believable. Not to mention if Farfetch'd hadn't claimed to Zima right then, I imagine he would have brought up Zima's being miller in thread considering she told him that she wouldn't mind a lynch advocated against her if it helped the town lessen their doubt.

There's also the chance that if there is a town rolecop, who would they tell about this? They couldn't just come in thread and say "yeah, Yato is the miller" and no one is confirmed as of yet.

Lately, there have been town rolecops, so I'm not saying that it isn't possible. I just don't see what one could do at the moment if they did check Yato.

Just as an honest question, why is it more possible for a rolecop to be mafia?

I think it's because the town gets a cop so the mafia would get an equivalent.

My other reason for saying that is I don't think we could benefit by having a rolecop check because at this point I'm about 98% sure that Zima wasn't lying when she claimed to Farfetch'd. She would have really had no reason to, not this early in the game. Farfetch'd also had no reason to lie about his role, he could have easily claimed to be a town mimic if he were mafia to seem believable. Not to mention if Farfetch'd hadn't claimed to Zima right then, I imagine he would have brought up Zima's being miller in thread considering she told him that she wouldn't mind a lynch advocated against her if it helped the town lessen their doubt.
She was the one who claimed first, though. So she could have thought that FtV was a townie trying to make an alliance early on since he didn't claim until after she did, and if she is mafia it could make sense to claim miller to explain away a possible copcheck (plus she was miller before recently apparently and that could be part of it if it's a fake-claim). I just don't get why she claimed so easily, because if you are a miller, it'd make more sense to soft-claim something useful to maybe deflect a kill or something, especially when you don't know if you're talking to town or mafia this early (or before FtV claimed). Claiming at all this quick without much prodding is a bizarre move.

The willingness to have a lynch on her is strange and I'm not sure what to make of that either way. Yato's posts so far since subbing in have seemed town enough, but I'm still hesitant to give a large amount of belief to the miller claim.

And about what a hypothetical town rolecop would do if they got a check on Yato, they could do like a normal cop often does and choose who seems most trustworthy to them in-thread if they want to take that risk, or hold onto the info until they can give it safely. Though with an independent having been lynched, that does make it hard to tell who is more town-ish, since FtV's flipping didn't really give any insight on the votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom