• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia All-Stars Mafia - Endgame - Homeward Bound - 7/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: All-Stars Mafia - D2 - Instinct - 7/1

VOTE: Pokemaster97.

His posts have been pretty cryptic, as if he knows something about the nightkill and I found that suspicious the moment he started talking about it. And well, Beck brings up good points or elaborates on it well in his post so that's another reason for me to vote him.

As far as Leggo goes, if we're still talking about her, I'm not finding her claim all that suspicious. It would be an easy mafia fake-claim, but I'm getting the sense that she really did claim out of pressure and it's the truth. Her posts all seemed like she was defending herself well and normally mafia seem to choke under pressure. More or less I'm willing to trust her on saying that Human is town.

I'm still getting town-reads from Phoenicks as well as Human. Neutral on Mijzelffan. Midori is giving me town reads, mainly because she's being normally aggressive(not a bad thing). These are just some players that come to mind as of right now, but I'll post reads on the others later when I look back through the thread to see them.

Also, what's the case with voting Solayoh? I couldn't find the origin of it, so I'm just a little curious.

His posts have been pretty cryptic, as if he knows something about the nightkill and I found that suspicious the moment he started talking about it. And well, Beck brings up good points or elaborates on it well in his post so that's another reason for me to vote him.

As far as Leggo goes, if we're still talking about her, I'm not finding her claim all that suspicious. It would be an easy mafia fake-claim, but I'm getting the sense that she really did claim out of pressure and it's the truth. Her posts all seemed like she was defending herself well and normally mafia seem to choke under pressure. More or less I'm willing to trust her on saying that Human is town.

I'm still getting town-reads from Phoenicks as well as Human. Neutral on Mijzelffan. Midori is giving me town reads, mainly because she's being normally aggressive(not a bad thing). These are just some players that come to mind as of right now, but I'll post reads on the others later when I look back through the thread to see them.

Also, what's the case with voting Solayoh? I couldn't find the origin of it, so I'm just a little curious.

You don't bring up any other suspects, as if Pokemaster97 is your top priority. But your reasons are warmed-over run offs as if to avoid saying "I like this lynch" -- when you say it, it sounds as though you've come to the independent conclusion that the best lynch happens to be what everyone else is lynching. At the perfect moment when everyone can agree that there's a case against Pokemaster97 and there's no shame in joining it.

Oh the other side you defend Leggo, myself, Human, and Midorikawa, which is as controversial as gravity. You left Mijz neutral which lets you say that you don't agree with the ruling consensus entirely.

The moment you voted for Pokemaster97 was the perfect moment -- add to the lynch, not too early to get blamed if he flips town, not too late to be accused of piling on at the end.

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, but this post screams scum to me more than anything I've read all thread.

Unvote: UltimateMaximus
Vote: Momoka

So most people's main argument for voting me was because I posted a theory about what could have happened during the night to try to move the phase along since no one was talking, kind of like Pheonicks attempted to start discussion with his first D1 vote? Why is trying to start discussion suddenly suspicious now? I mean I can understand how it can look like "wow, he sure does know a lot about the night kill", they again, I'm the only one who really commented on it, so of course I'm going to look knowledgeable if it's just me.

Could you respond to what I've said of you?

I don't know why Peeko would be targeted on Night 1 especially when he was giving some of us scummy vibes-- it would have made for the perfect mislynch on mafia's part. So it could really be either random or it could be like what Zexy said, to confuse us. Although I don't think it was used to confuse us because I mean, what good will that do if it's not supposed to incriminate someone so I'm almost willing to believe it was more of a random choice if anything.

"as if he knows something about the nightkill"

I'll concede.

I've been watching the thread to get a better understanding of how everyone might react to a hand-fed bandwagon, and several players had no remorse in repeating what was already said to justify their votes. Pokemaster has a fair point that those who are coming out of the woodwork to vote him should be just as suspicious as he is, if not more. As well as everyone else that attempted to explain what happened last night.

Unvote: Pokemaster97

Now, he's not entirely off my radar, but by not contributing further I kind of rob the Town of any further discussion, which I think we desperately need. I do agree with Phoenick's reasoning against Momoka. For that, I'll Vote: Momoka. If nothing else comes up I'm fine with following up again with Pokemaster97.

@HumanDawn;
You did the same, only it took me a while to vote Leggo because I wanted to hear what she had to say and I was talking with Phoenicks privately plus trying to lighten up the mood with the post I made. I've already explained this already to Zexy.

I concede that I did vote Leggo once other people started as well, but that was because I also wanted to hear her thoughts before I cast a vote right off the bat similarly to how you did.

It was my decision to vote Mijzelffan(which couldn't be entirely independent) Peeko and defend Phoenicks, and it was also my independent decision to vote Prince Vultan this phase and ask people questions to give them something they could maybe talk about. I don't know how that's even rare, the only crowd following I did was vote Leggo then unvote her and that was my own decision after my own thinking. I didn't follow Phoenicks's Flaze vote, although I would have if the phase ended earlier than I thought in the hopes somebody else voted him. Plus, it's not the only thing I did.

To me, I felt like it wasn't really you were always piggybacking off of another person's action. However, I do see that you asked questions and were trying to start conversation during the day as well. I guess I was focusing on the actual voting rather than the gameplay style itself.

Yeah, I offered it but I wanted to think it through instead of unvoting instantly. If Leggo was my scum partner I'd have unvoted a lot quicker, but she isn't, and if I didn't have anything to hide I wouldn't have said that phrase first and so quickly too.
Well, it's easy to say that you have nothing to hide when we really can't tell 100% one way or the other. You say if she was your scum partner, you would have unvoted her quicker, but that really doesn't say much imo.

Okay, how does this make me more likely to be Mafia?

It doesn't really, it's just something I noticed, it could mean nothing, I was just speculating pretty much :p

Anyway, I didn't reply to your questions sooner because I felt like I can't really effectively argue against you without going in circles and that's not really helpful to the town at this point. For right now, I guess it would be safer to assume that you're a confirmed townie like Leggo stated, since there's not enough evidence to say otherwise.

Just an observation, while Beck made a really good observation and called out valid flaws in my gameplay, it bothers me a bit how he was inactive day 1 and night one, and then during this phase he plants seeds that changes the course of the game and then goes back into lurking again despite being online all day and not really keeping up-to-date with the developments. He didn't even reply to my rebuttal.
He is busy and he has told us. Besides, Day 1 and Day 2 are almost the same things, even if we don't like it. Phoenicks explained very well how this lynch will be somewhat random. Saying that your biggest FoS is the "confirmed" townie and voting him was not a good move, although I have to admit that your point on UltimateMaximus is quite valid.

We have explained that nightkill theories =/= scumtells. Phoenicks brought up great points about you, and since you talked about the nightkill too it is hypocritcal. I talked about it too, since a person asked about it I don't see it wrong for town to do it.

I'll concede.

I've been watching the thread to get a better understanding of how everyone might react to a hand-fed bandwagon, and several players had no remorse in repeating what was already said to justify their votes. Pokemaster has a fair point that those who are coming out of the woodwork to vote him should be just as suspicious as he is, if not more. As well as everyone else that attempted to explain what happened last night.
I guess I am one of said people, well I tend to appear late which is quite the problem since I really just join bandwagons. I kind-of repeated some things about him, I fear, because they are true and I'll get equal blame with everyone else for the lynch. Explaining the kill is not scummy in my opinion, especially when someone asked about it. I said more about it just above. However, let's note that some scum could do it to shift the discussion to somewhat pointless things.

UNVOTE: Pokemaster97

I'm going to check the vote tallies again. I don't want another No Lynch.

You don't bring up any other suspects, as if Pokemaster97 is your top priority. But your reasons are warmed-over run offs as if to avoid saying "I like this lynch" -- when you say it, it sounds as though you've come to the independent conclusion that the best lynch happens to be what everyone else is lynching. At the perfect moment when everyone can agree that there's a case against Pokemaster97 and there's no shame in joining it.

I haven't really had time to go through the thread completely, but the only players that I have any strong opinions for at the moment are you, Human, Midori, and Leggo. As well as Pokemaster. No, not especially. My reason for coming in to vote is that I agree with Beck's case against Pokemaster. Nothing more and nothing less. You can of course interpret my vote in any way you want, but I didn't just want to jump onto the wagon-- I wouldn't do that if I didn't find the person suspicious myself.

Oh the other side you defend Leggo, myself, Human, and Midorikawa, which is as controversial as gravity. You left Mijz neutral which lets you say that you don't agree with the ruling consensus entirely.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I mentioned before that I thought Mijzelffan was more scummy out of the two of you, but I never had a strong enough opinion to end up voting him on Day 1. I even mentioned that I didn't want to vote him. Unless that isn't what you're trying to say here in which case if it's not I'm sorry.

The moment you voted for Pokemaster97 was the perfect moment -- add to the lynch, not too early to get blamed if he flips town, not too late to be accused of piling on at the end.
I didn't vote just to add a vote or to just come in here unnoticed. Pokemaster is someone I find suspicious-- I even found him suspicious the moment he kept talking about the potential reasons for the nightkill. That's really strange of him, and so because of that I got scum vibes from him. I added a vote because I think there's a high possibility that he's scum and he hasn't really posted much of a defense in here that's convincing me otherwise so. If he ends up town, which I'm not finding likely, then that's that. If people begin to suspect me because of that there isn't much I can do, but I really would have thought he was mafia so that's just how it goes I guess.

I can’t really help the fact that I came in here later than anyone else to vote him. I hadn’t had time to come in and vote any earlier, but I wanted to because I found him suspicious.

Late reply since it's storming and we lost internet connection for a little bit. My internet is going in and out so that'll be the reason for my late replies if that's the case.

EDIT:
Zexy said:
We have explained that nightkill theories =/= scumtells. Phoenicks brought up great points about you, and since you talked about the nightkill too it is hypocritcal. I talked about it too, since a person asked about it I don't see it wrong for town to do it.
If that's the case then I must have missed it, sorry. I'm still going to keep my vote though, if I find that suspicious then of course I'm going to stick with my feeling here.

Last edited:

Votes unless i'm mistaken are currently;

Solayoh: 2 (Midorikawa, CrackFox)
Pokemaster97: 4 (HumanDawn, Prince Vultan, Ultimate Maxmus, Momoka)
Ultimate Maximus: 1 (Pokemaster97)
Momoka: 2 (Phoenicks, Beck)

Unvote: Solayoh

Doesn't look like that vote is gonna stick and the last thing I want is another no lynch.

I'll place my vote a bit later. I wanna observe a bit more first.

Anyway, I didn't reply to your questions sooner because I felt like I can't really effectively argue against you without going in circles and that's not really helpful to the town at this point. For right now, I guess it would be safer to assume that you're a confirmed townie like Leggo stated, since there's not enough evidence to say otherwise.

Oh no, I'm not really stubborn about my votes and I wouldn't argue back and forth if the reaction and wording of the player I'm confronting doesn't give me scum vibes.

UNVOTE: Pokemaster97
VOTE: Momoka

While I'd still love to see the complete list of reads(that would be in-depth as he claimed they will be) I'm getting a big Mafia vibe from Momoka. It's not because she voted late, because I can understand why she'd vote late because of time-zones, but because her whole use of grammar and wording just gives me Mafia vibes and reminds me a lot of the games where she was Mafia. It's meta, yes, which isn't the most reliable thing in the world, but it doesn't invalidate how scummy she's been sounding to me. I also don't like how she's been asking people to point out and explain stuff to her, I don't understand how she'd ask for why there are votes on Solayoh because if she has seen them in the first place she'd read the reasoning instead of asking others. I know it doesn't exactly indicate alignment alone, but it just feels so pointless, and if you actually read the thread like you should apparently then I don't know why you'd go ahead and vote. Her first post didn't sit right with me and her next two haven't given me any Town vibes from her either, she's even been submissive and I know her Town self would be more aggressive instead of writing such safe posts.

And yes, I'm aware I've just followed who Phoenicks and Beck voted again, but unlike say others I provided additional reasoning.

Okay, so I will give Momoka the benefit of the doubt since this is essentially the same thing I did. She is a bit more adept on lynching Pokemaster97 than me, what I want is a lynch as CrackFox said.

So, no vote for now. If someone else votes for Momoka before I go to bed, I will vote Pokemaster in hopes that it does not become 4-4, since I don't think Momoka is the best lynch now. Yet I won't yet vote because you may want to turn it towards UltimateMaximus or someone else and I don't want to hinder the others. UMax I find more suspicious than Momoka, and would like to give some more insight on what has happened.

While I'd still love to see the complete list of reads(that would be in-depth as he claimed they will be) I'm getting a big Mafia vibe from Momoka. It's not because she voted late, because I can understand why she'd vote late because of time-zones, but because her whole use of grammar and wording just gives me Mafia vibes and reminds me a lot of the games where she was Mafia.
That's... not a good reason at all? I don't want to be blunt here, but that's really not a good use of meta. It's kind of unfair, honestly. I can't help the way my grammar is sounding to you. not to mention you've gotten on me before in games for my use of meta wtf

Also, I'm sorry about asking for the Solayoh thing but I looked back and I didn't see any warrant for it so I was really curious there.

Last edited:

That's... not a good reason at all? I don't want to be blunt here, but that's really not a good use of meta. It's kind of unfair, honestly. I can't help the way my grammar is sounding to you.

The use just sounds weird, every time you're Mafia you sound very professional and "gathered", in a way you're closing yourself instead of speaking more casually, opening up, showing off your personality, showing off how rough and upbeat you can be but instead you play safe with the professional sounding tone you show off with the grammar you use. Whenever I suspect you and go after you when you're Town, you always managed to make it up with good responses and reactions, none of which you've been giving.

Okay, so I got ninja’d by HumanDawn while writing that.
While I'd still love to see the complete list of reads(that would be in-depth as he claimed they will be)
Pokemaster already gave us said list.

I'm getting a big Mafia vibe from Momoka. It's not because she voted late, because I can understand why she'd vote late because of time-zones, but because her whole use of grammar and wording just gives me Mafia vibes and reminds me a lot of the games where she was Mafia. It's meta, yes, which isn't the most reliable thing in the world, but it doesn't invalidate how scummy she's been sounding to me. I also don't like how she's been asking people to point out and explain stuff to her, I don't understand how she'd ask for why there are votes on Solayoh because if she has seen them in the first place she'd read the reasoning instead of asking others. I know it doesn't exactly indicate alignment alone, but it just feels so pointless, and if you actually read the thread like you should apparently then I don't know why you'd go ahead and vote. Her first post didn't sit right with me and her next two haven't given me any Town vibes from her either, she's even been submissive and I know her Town self would be more aggressive instead of writing such safe posts.
Okay, I don't know her meta this well I guess, and I never called people scummy because of their wording. You said yourself that it doesn't exactly indicate alignment alone.

So, I am really conflicted now. Both Pokemaster and Momoka have 3, and I do not want a No Lynch at this point. I have explained why I think the latter is town, do you think that she is different from me in any way and I should call her scum? I can also vote for Pokemaster who did somewhat scummy things, but I can’t help admitting that he did reply well to all the points against him and tried to get the discussion somewhere.

She has to be scum because she switched her avatar to Firo Prochainezo and I watched all 16 episodes of that show waiting for it to be better than Durarara like everyone said it would be and it wasn't.

Her reply is decent enough but doesn't change how massively scummy I found that one post to be. Just know I'm not voting you because of your internet connection going out or

Pokemaster already gave us said list.

He said it was incomplete and quick, and I didn't get the impression it was in-depth.

Okay, I don't know her meta this well I guess, and I never called people scummy because of their wording. You said yourself that it doesn't exactly indicate alignment alone.

I find it hard to believe you never got scum vibes from how somebody was talking. I meant that in reference to something else.

So, I am really conflicted now. Both Pokemaster and Momoka have 3, and I do not want a No Lynch at this point. I have explained why I think the latter is town, do you think that she is different from me in any way and I should call her scum? I can also vote for Pokemaster who did somewhat scummy things, but I can’t help admitting that he did reply well to all the points against him and tried to get the discussion somewhere.

Not really, you've sounded better than her and closer to your Town self. Pokemaster97's reaction is incredibly good too. Momoka vote on Pokemaster97 regarding the Nightkill was hypocritical too.

That's... not a good reason at all? I don't want to be blunt here, but that's really not a good use of meta. It's kind of unfair, honestly. I can't help the way my grammar is sounding to you.

The use just sounds weird, every time you're Mafia you sound very professional and "gathered", in a way you're closing yourself instead of speaking more casually, opening up, showing off your personality, showing off how rough and upbeat you can be but instead you play safe with the professional sounding tone you show off with the grammar you use. Whenever I suspect you and go after you when you're Town, you always managed to make it up with good responses and reactions, none of which you've been giving.
I actually do that when I get tense or stressed too, so it's kind of no real indication. I didn't think I was typing that way but I guess I wouldn't be able to tell. Either way, you've said before that using meta, especially bad meta, isn't good and is suspicious. Which you're doing right now. So that's kinda... yeah. I mean, I guess I can understand how you feel on this since it's normally a gut feeling which you can't help, it's just sort of hypocritical for you.

Phoenicks said:
She has to be scum because she switched her avatar to Firo Prochainezo and I watched all 16 episodes of that show waiting for it to be better than Durarara like everyone said it would be and it wasn't.
Aha, I've seen some of Durarara(how many r's are there will I ever know) but Baccano is vastly superior so that must mean Phoenicks is in fact the scummy one here!

Okay, but back to serious time, my internet connection is fine for the moment. Looks like the storm has passed.

I actually do that when I get tense or stressed too, so it's kind of no real indication. I didn't think I was typing that way but I guess I wouldn't be able to tell. Either way, you've said before that using meta, especially bad meta, isn't good and is suspicious. Which you're doing right now. So that's kinda... yeah. I mean, I guess I can understand how you feel on this since it's normally a gut feeling which you can't help, it's just sort of hypocritical for you.

Doesn't excuse how safe you sound and if it's when you get tense, then as Mafia you'd get tense writing up a post. I don't think this meta is bad, because every time I've used it recently it has always been right. It's not even a gut feeling, and I don't see how me using meta I find good hypocritical. Plus it's not only the meta, I've already said you sound way too safe and your posts have just been rubbing me the wrong way in general.

VOTE: Momoka

Since she is around and can probably defend herself better if need be. Plus, just hoping that if she flips mafia, HumanDawn will be a step closer to town confirmation. Since her case is connected with him, and he was very active in Day 1 too, I feel like this lynch will give us more information out of the two.

Other than that, I can't really be sure for either, both are FoS'es for me, and even though I said Momoka has that alibi a little earlier. It's all about gut feelings changing on a whim, honestly. Anyways, no more posts from me this phase. Hope it goes well.

Off-topic: It's kinda the same because kinda how it branches off and comes together at certain points when characters meet. I do prefer Durarara over Baccano because of the setting and their opening song, but both are good stories. :p

@sharkshocker; why does Peeko dying make you think that the mafia are active?
Mafia can shut down town discussion (and possible coordination) among the town if they stifle those who are most vocal and active in the thread. If there's a lull in discussion then mafia would have an easier time not being suspected.

Pokemaster97: why did you vote UltimateMaximus and not Prince Vultan? Do you suspect one over the other?

It'll be interesting to see how those who have their vote on Pokemaster97 will react to the change in flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom