• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Amie, Super Training and Hordes?

It'd be great if hordes and Super Training could come back. Not too fond of ST's minigame, but that EV chart made things so much more simple. I also reveled in EV training super-fast with Power item + Pokerus + hordes. Awesomely fast development made a normally tedious job a breeze.

Hordes are confirmed to be returning in the latest trailer. Makuhita + Geodude horde (presumably Granite Cave) as well as an all-Numel horde.

aug_p22_09_en_gte.jpg

aug_p22_10_en_rkd.jpg

aug_p22_11_en_xle.jpg

Horde trainer battle?!

Hordes are confirmed to be returning in the latest trailer. Makuhita + Geodude horde (presumably Granite Cave) as well as an all-Numel horde.

aug_p22_09_en_gte.jpg

aug_p22_10_en_rkd.jpg

aug_p22_11_en_xle.jpg

Horde trainer battle?!

greninja'd I was going to post that >_<

know what would be awesome a post game horde battle against the elite four and steven each using their ace :O

theres also a whismur horde and zigzagoon horde

Horde trainer battles? This game is full of surprises. Looks like this game isn't going to be watered down in difficulty.

Horde trainer battles? This game is full of surprises. Looks like this game isn't going to be watered down in difficulty.
Horde battles aren't really about difficulty. The levels are deliberately lowered so as not to put the player at a disadvantage.

Chances are that Horde trainer battles will be limited to grunts; normal trainers shouldn't resort to an ambush attack. I'd rather see the Emerald tag battles (which were fair since they were just double battles), but I am not expecting them.

It does make sense that grunts would attack you together rather than waiting their turn like civilised people. It's cool, I can get on board with it.

Horde Battle doesn't necessarily have to be limited to grunts. Maybe a biker gang trying to mug you and take your money. Or maybe they could do a joke with an overprotective mother that attacks you with five pokemon after you beat her daughter in a regular battle and make her cry. I think there's plenty of potential to create situations, and I'll be happy if they do!

I wasn't expecting a spoiler here, damn it so now I know you can get trainer hordes (with grunts that is)
I like this it's what I wanted anyway as I'd prefer to wipe out grunts quicker then waiting for them all to take turns with me.

Known Hordes:
Zigzagoon (Level 3) - Petalburg Woods - Because of the background; this is not a grassy route (Routes 101-104). Zigzagoon can be encountered here at Level 5-6 in R/S, so the slight level downgrade makes sense.

Whismur (Level Unknown) - Rusturf Tunnel - Because of the background. It could be Victory Road, but that is unlikely since the other hordes shown were in early game locations.

4 Makuhita and 1 Geodude (all Level 6) - Granite Cave -- This is the first game location in which these Pokemon share, and they are lower leveled. Interesting because single Geodude and Makuhita can be encountered here at Level 6 in R/S.

Numel (Level 8) - Fiery Path? - This is the first R/S cave location in which Numel can be encountered. The Numel here are lower leveled. Also, in X/Y, you could encounter Level 8 Pokemon in hordes on routes in which the other Pokemon are around Levels 13-15. Fiery Path fits that description.

The Numel could be in Granite Cave if Game Freak tweaked the encounter ratios with hordes.

Known Hordes:
Zigzagoon (Level 3) - Petalburg Woods - Because of the background; this is not a grassy route (Routes 101-104). Zigzagoon can be encountered here at Level 5-6 in R/S, so the slight level downgrade makes sense.

Whismur (Level Unknown) - Rusturf Tunnel - Because of the background. It could be Victory Road, but that is unlikely since the other hordes shown were in early game locations.

4 Makuhita and 1 Geodude (all Level 6) - Granite Cave -- This is the first game location in which these Pokemon share, and they are lower leveled. Interesting because single Geodude and Makuhita can be encountered here at Level 6 in R/S.

Numel (Level 8) - Fiery Path? - This is the first R/S cave location in which Numel can be encountered. The Numel here are lower leveled. Also, in X/Y, you could encounter Level 8 Pokemon in hordes on routes in which the other Pokemon are around Levels 13-15. Fiery Path fits that description.

The Numel could be in Granite Cave if Game Freak tweaked the encounter ratios with hordes.

Are we sure we can even trust that trailer for distribution info? Usually it's not very faithful to the game's distribution.

know what would be awesome a post game horde battle against the elite four and steven each using their ace :O

I will personally love GameFreak for LIFE if they do this. This needs to be a staple in each future game. Seriously.

Anyways... Hordes? Check. Amie? Check. Super Training? Unconfirmed, but LBR. It's coming.

Grunt hordes make a lot of sense, but it kind of defeats the purpose if they're so underleveled. They'd be more of a chore, if anything.

Horde trainer battles look cool. And I'm glad regular horde battles are returning as well. Hopefully there will be trainers other than grunts who'll challenge us to horde battles.

I don't know how prepared the game is to handle something like this, but it would also be interesting if there was a challenge to see how many pokemon you could take on at once in a horde battle.

As in, you use your Flygon against 1 Mightyena at first. Then 2 at once. Then 3 at once, and so on until you can't kill them all in time. It would be interesting to see how high people could get (14 vs 1?!). But I don't know if the game would be set up to allow something like that.

Would make an interesting battle frontier challenge or something of the like, though.

I don't know how prepared the game is to handle something like this, but it would also be interesting if there was a challenge to see how many pokemon you could take on at once in a horde battle.

As in, you use your Flygon against 1 Mightyena at first. Then 2 at once. Then 3 at once, and so on until you can't kill them all in time. It would be interesting to see how high people could get (14 vs 1?!). But I don't know if the game would be set up to allow something like that.

Would make an interesting battle frontier challenge or something of the like, though.

That's something to leave for the programmers and beta testers. At a certain point, you're going to crash the game.

This doesn't really say much in terms of how difficult the game will be. Like X and Y, the Horde Pokemon in Trainer Battles are still considerably lower leveled, which takes away much of the potential difficulty it could have had had they been closer in level. It's a nice addition, but doesn't seem to add any real challenge.

I think GF gave us wild Hordes in XY as an experiment to see how we would react to it.
A lot of people liked it so I guess you can say that Trainer horde battles are a great feature as a follow up.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom