• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anyone Remember the WW Last Year?

Legacy

Reader and Writer
Reaction score
Okay, so I've only been a member just over a year, and I'm sure there are many of you that have been here longer. But for real...since the time I first signed up here, the Writer's Workshop has done a complete 180.

When I first arrived, it wasn't nearly as awesome as it is now. That's not an indictment on the authors back then or the leadership because it was still good, but today...WOW, so many amazing stories and authors.

The participation and dedication has been truly inspiring! I've said it before but it's just awesome how great this place has become.

Anyone who was here back in the day agree with me? What reason(s) do you think are responsible for the turnaround?

Discuss!

I may be a new member, but I have noticed that a lot of new stories have come up in recent months that are brilliant. I think that some classics stories like yours and Rival's Story have inspired people to get writing, and have definitley inspired several rival stories.

True. G's Mama was going to do a sequel but dropped the idea. I picked it up though... sorta.

On Gastly's Mama, his story Roots inspired my fic 'Tarnished Gold' my magnum opus fic (as of now), whose first (unfinished, half-published) chapter spans a massive 30 pages at the moment, including the prolouge. In the immortal words of Borat: "A very nice!"

completely agree there
when people read great fanfics (myself included), ot often inspires them to have a go themselves
It gives people the idea that anyone can write a fanfic, not just a small group constantly churning out multiple fics.

It was Jnoo (who sadly hasn't been around for quite some time) that inspired me to write. His fic Pokemon XR to be exact.

And yes, quite a few things have changed- for the better mostly if I may add. Let's hope things are even better next year.

Generation 5 probably drew in loads of new members, myself included. Those who could write and wanted to write then made threads here to share their works.

I wasn't here last year, so I wouldn't know.

But yeah, come to think about it, it probably was because of Gen.5.

whatever the reason, it sure is awesome to see. I was looking at a rival pokemon fan site (not mentioning any names), but I must say, our fanfic section dominates theirs!

I'm not a mod and don't have any authority here whatsoever, but I still just want to say how proud I am of all the amazing new and old authors that are on here. Seriously, it's so awesome.

*takes a bow* I know it was all me. *shot*

Anyways, yeah this has turned out to be better than it ever has before.

You would not believe how active this place's fanfic section is compared to other forums.

You would not believe how active this place's fanfic section is compared to other forums.

PokeCommunity. There's your example. But the reviewers there are a more hardened lot.

Last edited:
Actually, PokéCommunity's is on the more active half of the fanfic sections I've seen. (Agreeing with you on the reviewers thing - the common ones are great writers, but up until very recently PokéCom's fanfic section has been notable for being a very secluded, clique-ish forum. Fortunately, things have looked up for them, but still.) I think the worst now is PE2K, which is a shame, but... still, you're right. I haven't actually been active on the forum for a very long time, but this place is definitely one of the more active parts of the interwebs.

I think it was a combination of Rival's Story and A Saviour's Legacy that brought the attention here.
Also, the Pokémon Prince thing may have helped.

I'm just glad we have such a great group of writers who like to share ideas. I wouldn't have had the guts to post mine otherwise.

I'm just glad we have such a great group of writers who like to share ideas. I wouldn't have had the guts to post mine otherwise.

Agreed. I'm a member on a few other pokemon community sites, but Bulbagarden is by far the best in that regard. We have so many awesome writers.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom