• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best characters to bring back in Gen 6!

I'd like to see Leaf make a cameo appearance (or a return as a major character). Giovanni too. Outside of that, give me new people.

I'm trying to think of what the rosters for the other PCs would be. Given the fact that Red's teams took a lot of cues from Ash Ketchum mixed with the events of his game and mascots, I'd have to guess that some of them would look like this:

Ethan (Gold/Silver Protagonist, taking inspiration from "Jimmy" in Legend of Thunder, his brief appearance in M13 and such):
Typhlosion (presumably Silver would have a Feraligatr)
Donphan
Sudowoodo
Togetic (would be a Togekiss in a rematch after Ethan finds a shiny stone)
Red Gyarados
Steelix

Lyra/Kris:
Meganium
Azumarill
Ratticate
Girafarig
Xatu
Misdreavus (is a Mismagius in a rematch)

May (taking inspiration from Anime):
Blaziken
Glaceon
Beautifly
Delcatty
Cradily
Sceptile

Brendan:
Swampert
Tropius
Magcargo
Ludicolo
Aggron
Shiftry

Dawn:
Empoleon (Barry would have Torterra)
Lopunny
Pachirisu
Mamoswine
Lucario
Chatot

Lucas:
Infernape
Magmortar
Bibarel
Rotom
Bastiodon
Staraptor

I'm trying to think of what the rosters for the other PCs would be. Given the fact that Red's teams took a lot of cues from Ash Ketchum mixed with the events of his game and mascots, I'd have to guess that some of them would look like this:

Ethan (Gold/Silver Protagonist, taking inspiration from "Jimmy" in Legend of Thunder, his brief appearance in M13 and such):
Typhlosion (presumably Silver would have a Feraligatr)
Donphan
Sudowoodo
Togetic (would be a Togekiss in a rematch after Ethan finds a shiny stone)
Red Gyarados
Steelix

Lyra/Kris:
Meganium

-snip-

If you're going to base Ethan's team off of Jimmy's, wouldn't it make more sense to base Lyra/Kris's off of Marina's and give her a Feraligatr?

I like it when characters make cameos in other generations as bonus bosses you can fight. I find it fun to see them again without them interfering with the new people.
All of the Frontier Brains need to return. They appear once, have massive potential, and then BAM, goodbye. It'd be cool just to fight them in bonus battles, just to see them again, you know?

If you're going to base Ethan's team off of Jimmy's, wouldn't it make more sense to base Lyra/Kris's off of Marina's and give her a Feraligatr?

I thought about that, but I realized that if Jimmy is the hypothetical player character (giving him priority over Lyra and Kris due to the fact that he was the only choice before Crystal came out), Silver would need the Feraligatr.

BTW, I thought a bit of what Leaf would have, since Red canonically already has all three (four if you count Pikachu) G1 starters. So I decided maybe she'd have a team of identifiable Pokemon from G1 that Red doesn't:
Jigglypuff (going on the logic that after Pikachu, Jigglypuff was probably the most popular non-starter/non-legendary in G1)'
Clefable (evolved form of Clefairy, which like Jigglypuff was one of the most popular non-starters in G1)
Poliwrath (the Polis are apparently Satoshi Tajiri's favorite evolutionary line)
Ditto (because Dittos are cool)
Chansey (would be Blissey in rematch)
Pidgeot (the full evolution of the first pokemon a lot of us caught)

N. His character is just that great. Actually, I'd like Ghetsis and Colress too, though I don't know how they could come back without bringing up the Plasma plot again.

N. His character is just that great. Actually, I'd like Ghetsis and Colress too, though I don't know how they could come back without bringing up the Plasma plot again.

I doubt Ghestsis will ever show up again wasn't his mind totally shattered at the end of B2/W2? He's pretty much a vegetable... I say N and Croless could show up though along with Cynthia (who should be a given now lol)

A lot of Elite 4 in previous gen's have had a lot of opportunities wasted. Not much is known is about Will, Karen, Bruno, the entire Hoenn 4, etc. and I think that is a bit of a waste.

Also I would have liked it if the PC from BW was in BW2, the story had set it up perfectly, but it was only a tease. It could have been set up like N's initial battle with his Dragon, except with the opposing Dragon and Memory Link could have been used to designate gender and name. It would be cool to see that the region in hypothetical gen 6 is where N and the PC went. It's very unlikely, though.

Also I want N to return because he makes me have weird feelings in my heart that I'm not brave enough to face yet.

Personally, I don't think N should return. His story was already fairly wrapped up in Black/White, but he was given the closure it needed in Black 2/White 2. N was fantastic - without a doubt the best and most in depth character the franchise has ever had. However, his story is over. To needlessly bring him back would be of no benefit. I also think Cynthia shouldn't return either - I'm still amazed that she's so popular, but she is becoming rather tiring.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Darach didn't return in Black 2/White 2 - especially as Junichi Masuda had hinted in an interview that Darach is still watching over Caitlin and there was the "Team Empoleon" biker gang in BW. I do think that there is more to be explored in regards to Caitlin's story, so I was disappointed that she didn't have a Unova Link flashback at the very least. I also wouldn't mind seeing Looker return - he is a part of the International Police after all and he's kind of like Pokémon's Agent Coulson in a sense.

Other than that though? Other than the obligatory Oak cameo that wasn't in Generation V, I don't want to see any more old characters.

Just Giovanni, Oak, Brock (you could visit him for hints on your Pokemons IVs and EVs) and some sort of hint as to what Team Aqua and Team Magma have been up to all this time. It'd be cool if Giovanni had taken control of them both and formed them into an Earth Wind and Fire cover band.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom