• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I got this right, but hits all of them at the same time like in PBR? Or hit only one at a time like in D/P/Pt/HG/SS? Sorry but I'm not understanding what you said very well.... Just need a bit more specific details.... x-x

Oh, nevermind, I misunderstood what you asked. I think Surf hits both of the opponent's Pokemon at the same time, and then it hits yours. I may be wrong, but I think that's how it works.

Will anything ever appear in White Forest if you've never been on the High Link with anyone else?

Will anything ever appear in White Forest if you've never been on the High Link with anyone else?
Yeah, but they'll disappear eventually. My White Forest only has Abra now T_T

Surf hits based on who is faster.

That was in Generation IV only. In Black and White, Surf hits at the same time all the targets (partner and both opponents) and every Pokémon receives damage as well (the animation of the HP bar decreasing for everyone happens at the same time). It's almost the same behavior that PBR had (now the partner is shown being hit), though the only difference is that for Pokémon that are immune to the damage by effect of some move, type or ability (i.e. Discharge on Electivire, Surf on Vaporeon, Earthquake on Sazandra/Zapdos, Protect used by a Hariyama, a increased evasiveness, etc.), the ability/type/move displays a message that makes the user evade the attack and then the animation shows that all Pokémon are being hit, while that some of them aren't actually being damaged.

That was in Generation IV only. In Black and White, Surf hits at the same time all the targets (partner and both opponents) and every Pokémon receives damage as well (the animation of the HP bar decreasing for everyone happens at the same time). It's almost the same behavior that PBR had (now the partner is shown being hit), though the only difference is that for Pokémon that are immune to the damage by effect of some move, type or ability (i.e. Discharge on Electivire, Surf on Vaporeon, Earthquake on Sazandra/Zapdos, Protect used by a Hariyama, a increased evasiveness, etc.), the ability/type/move displays a message that makes the user evade the attack and then the animation shows that all Pokémon are being hit, while that some of them aren't actually being damaged.

^Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks for answering. :)

I haven't been able to Game Sync since yesterday. I keep getting an error message. And my game CAN connect to the internet, since I can use the GTS just fine. My Zeburaika is stuck in the Dream World! :-(

Also, speaking of the Dream World, now that I have two friends in it, whenever I log out I get a different message. There are two boxes in it, with one clickable button each. The box on the right has some text in red that's presumably some kind of warning. There's also another button below the boxes that cancels the logout. Can anyone explain this?

Does someone know where in Unova is the foreigner Team Rocket grunt that stole the Machine Part on the Kanto Power Plant back on G/S/C/HG/SS, because I've saw on Bulbapedia that he returned on Pokemon Black and White, and his son also? And can someone give them their fan-translated in-game texts? I'm interested in this, thanks! :)

The only non-legendary I don't own is Burachai and its evolution. I was wondering if there is an NPC somewhere who uses one, as I have over 200 hours of gameplay on my White and have yet to see one outside of the Battle Subway.

Seriously, Black get to see Wargle by battling Cynthia >>

Does someone know where in Unova is the foreigner Team Rocket grunt that stole the Machine Part on the Kanto Power Plant back on G/S/C/HG/SS, because I've saw on Bulbapedia that he returned on Pokemon Black and White, and his son also? And can someone give them their fan-translated in-game texts? I'm interested in this, thanks! :)

That would be in Hiun City actually.

Does anyone remember the wifi egg event thingy? i can't find the information on any of the major sites because its basically been barried by all the new stuff. So does anyone know when the wifi egg event starts?

Does anyone remember the wifi egg event thingy? i can't find the information on any of the major sites because its basically been buried by all the new stuff. So does anyone know when the wifi egg event starts?

The 17th. It runs until January 11th.

You can find him on winter only, in a house in Sekka City that is located at the far right corner.

Is it true that before Local Wireless battles you can see your opponent's team? Or is that Wi-Fi only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom