• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Build-It: Video Game Edition [ENDGAME]

This is valid, but I'm still wondering, if you pushed for him, why did you stop doing so on Day 2? It's weird that you stopped talking about him for most of N1 and D2, and only mentioned him again to say that you're disappointed that scum would bus their own teammate instead of making another push.
Because at the time I was too busy to keep up, I had to prepare a presentation for a job interview and like 99% of my time and attention was going to that (and I think I blew it :sadsola: ). Am a bit more free now but still swamped with college stuff.

And, like, yea I was disappointed lol because it was kinda lame how that lynch went because scum clearly didn't put resistance to it despite him being a pretty good player that they should want to keep. There were no counter theories, no defenses.
It sucks for Stormy because he gets lynched but it also sucks for us Town because it gives less stuff for us to work with, in a way the seemingly lack of anything kinda leads the game to a path of inactiveness.

I'm not really the type to bus partners either if I could help it and I was in the position to push for a different wagon because of me mentioning that I thought Stormy was town.
Oh, that post is old lmao, it’s pretty impossible for you to be scum with the nether being built at the same time as your building.

Same with Stinger, you pushed for her on D2, but then in the following days, on D3, you said that your thoughts on her didn't change but you didn't cast a vote while on D4, I don't think you voted for her? Can you explain more on this?
I'm not sure what the accusation is here considering she flipped town? Why I'd choose to stand out like that if I were scum instead of just blending in?

By the time I checked the thread on D4 she was already getting steamrolled with votes so I figured my vote wouldn't make a difference. So I just preferred to keep an eye out for anyone that seemed a bit too opportunistic, making a contradictory vote on her, or overexplaining their vote.

Maybe he wasn't particularly townie, but I think Stormy voting Quasar for self-pres spewed him town.
That's an interesting way to see it, but I feel like me or Jamie would be more spewed as making Stormy the leading, almost lynched, wagon D1 seems to be way more meaningful than Stormy voting Quas.

Stormy's vote was really close to EoD iirc? In that case he guaranteed to force a tie, meaning no Lynch, regardless of who the tied player was. Even if Quas was scum this was an optimal play since it would turn a correct lynch into a no lynch.

So if the mafioso logic is "Quas was spewed", it's a logic I'd expect from intermediate-advanced players, but failing to prioritize the two people who actually pushed for Stormy's death as more threatening feels strange. If we have one mafioso remaining then at least one between me and Jamie would be Town, so there isn't much excuse for them to not go for us.

The issue is that this kill doesn't tell me much because if it was because they were afraid of Doctor it fits Mido's style, and if it was due to lack of attention to the current situation then it fits toast more. And you also just provided an explanation as to why you'd go for Quas (even though I don't find it great).

Hmmm, your stated actions is consistent with what you said on N2 that you didn't know blueprint actions could be used during the day.

What does the Ninja Flavorcop do? And when you say random, do you mean that you can only target a player, but not know what action is applied?
A flavor cop sees the name of the role (the building in this case). The Ninja makes so I cannot be seen by motion investigatives like trackers or watchers.

The random part of the role was the effect, I could pick the person.
The only good role in it was the doctor shot, but considering I had twice the odds to accidentally kill the person instead it didn't feel worth the risk of having.

If we have one mafioso remaining then at least one between me and Jamie would be Town, so there isn't much excuse for them to not go for us.
We’re just too good.
I'm not sure what the accusation is here considering she flipped town?
Erm, technically she flipped indep. But true.
So if the mafioso logic is "Quas was spewed", it's a logic I'd expect from intermediate-advanced players, but failing to prioritize the two people who actually pushed for Stormy's death as more threatening feels strange. If we have one mafioso remaining then at least one between me and Jamie would be Town, so there isn't much excuse for them to not go for us.
Everyone’s forgetting my role cop theory! Quas’ role would’ve been super bad for a scum team to handle and it explains the Guz kill better too.

Erm, technically she flipped indep. But true.
Erh, true, I'm tired, sorry.

Everyone’s forgetting my role cop theory! Quas’ role would’ve been super bad for a scum team to handle and it explains the Guz kill better too.
I don't remember it very well but did any of the mafiosos flip rolecop and would it be fast enough considering it took a while for people to start getting blueprints out?
and why rolecop them instead of veteran players?

Why not just kill Lissi is what I’m wondering? Why roleblock her? You could kill without worry of a watcher. And roleblocking is the same risk as killing. I can understand killing inactives because it gives no info, but so would killing Lissi and it would prevent town from having a blueprint.

Mafia wouldn’t know Lissi is indep either.0

I don't remember it very well but did any of the mafiosos flip rolecop and would it be fast enough considering it took a while for people to start getting blueprints out?
and why rolecop them instead of veteran players?
No, but both of them had hidden abilities. I have an inkling that Mudkipz’ was Roleblocker, the last surviving scum is role cop (because Stinger wasn’t around for the Guz Kill iirc) and then Stinger was maybe Strongman/Ninja (idk, only other ones I could think of). On it being fast, I dunno, maybe it sees blueprints in their possession too?

Quas and Guz are veterans? Not sure what’s so special about them though for them to be rolecopped.
Why not just kill Lissi is what I’m wondering? Why roleblock her? You could kill without worry of a watcher. And roleblocking is the same risk as killing. I can understand killing inactives because it gives no info, but so would killing Lissi and it would prevent town from having a blueprint.

Mafia wouldn’t know Lissi is indep either.0
Maybe to use as a mislynch? Although roleblocking twice would have just gave her town cred so that doesn’t make too much sense. I wanna check to see if anyone was goading me to ISO Lissi.

I'm not sure what the accusation is here considering she flipped town? Why I'd choose to stand out like that if I were scum instead of just blending in?

By the time I checked the thread on D4 she was already getting steamrolled with votes so I figured my vote wouldn't make a difference. So I just preferred to keep an eye out for anyone that seemed a bit too opportunistic, making a contradictory vote on her, or overexplaining their vote.
flipped indep*

Given that your first post on D2 was casting a vote on Lissi, it felt noncommital that you started and ended D3 without sustaining your vote on her.

So, were there any votes that met these considerations?
A flavor cop sees the name of the role (the building in this case). The Ninja makes so I cannot be seen by motion investigatives like trackers or watchers.

The random part of the role was the effect, I could pick the person.
The only good role in it was the doctor shot, but considering I had twice the odds to accidentally kill the person instead it didn't feel worth the risk of having.
I think the blueprint was actually useful? Could have used the flavor cop to find out who has Silent Hill (alternatively, could confirm who doesn't have it)

As for the other part of it, I see it the opposite way. Could have used it to target someone you're suspicious of (kind of a vig with 40% chance of killing the person, 20% chance of stopping them from acting, and 40% of the action being a dud).

Also @ExLight, I'm not sure if I missed it, but what game is your Manhattan blueprint from?

So far, I think your reaction to it all seems genuine and might be difficult to fake from a scum perspective. One point to consider about the blueprint situation is that it's still possible that you did built the Nether and that you received the Manhattan blueprint this phase as well. Not sure about the logistics of this, will have to think about it more. I'll sustain my vote for now.

I don't mind getting lynched for PoE's sake. Though I would say that I look better than either of the other two with my Mudkipz vote & reasoning.

I would ask that you at least let me live tonight, though.
I'm assuming that you said this because you had a useful ability. Do you have any results to share that could help with figuring things out?

Also, if we were to assume that Mido is the final mafia, is it even possible for a silencer to self-target?

I need to think on it more in the time that is remaining. Also ngl, this is my second game with you, but I think highly enough of you as a player that I worry I might be getting misted badly here. :chansey:

I need to think on it more in the time that is remaining. Also ngl, this is my second game with you, but I think highly enough of you as a player that I worry I might be getting misted badly here. :chansey:
So you agree that all I'm saying seems reasonable and coherent but is still gonna keep your vote on me

That makes no sense :tentacruel:

Vote: toastghost

I've seen you popping in and out but nothing of substance please share some thoughts as to who you think might be the last scum and why :bulbaLol:

Vote: toastghost

I've seen you popping in and out but nothing of substance please share some thoughts as to who you think might be the last scum and why :bulbaLol:
Vote: Divergent
the kills and roleblocking strike me as someone who's not very knowledgable about the players' meta in this game, so they chose to go for random players instead. i'm not entirely sure how many games he's played here, but judging by his post count and how i've never seen him in any games before this, i'm tempted to believe he's not as well versed in how people act in different roles. and the random push for ex seems kinda like grasping for straws, even admitting that what he's saying makes sense but he's voting for him anyway.

So you agree that all I'm saying seems reasonable and coherent but is still gonna keep your vote on me

That makes no sense :tentacruel:
I meant it in the context of your reaction regarding the building situation, not to everything that's been said after that. I do think some of it is reasonable, but I still have my reservations with other parts of it.

But I don't want to tunnel either, so I'm open to considering other options in the remaining hours.

Vote: Divergent
the kills and roleblocking strike me as someone who's not very knowledgable about the players' meta in this game, so they chose to go for random players instead. i'm not entirely sure how many games he's played here, but judging by his post count and how i've never seen him in any games before this, i'm tempted to believe he's not as well versed in how people act in different roles. and the random push for ex seems kinda like grasping for straws, even admitting that what he's saying makes sense but he's voting for him anyway.
I would not target inactives like Phantom for an NK and would probably have preferred to target those who were in a stronger position in the current game state.

It's not a random push :shroomad: if I were mafia, I would be better off not really rocking the boat since the start of the day seemed like the Mido and Caps situation would persist.

Back
Top Bottom