• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff Recruitment Drive 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have already sent an application in but changed our mind and want to add more things onto it like "which sections do you want to mod" do we write a new application, send a e-mail saying "adding these to the list" or it just can't be done?

When exactly is the deadline? The fourth?
Yes, that would be correct as two weeks from when Archaic first posted on April 20, 2010 would make the deadline about May 4, 2010.

It's not for money (we wish!), but it is a serious position. If you've only made one post on the forums, then your chances of getting modship are very, very low.
That is a very interesting question, never though of that before. You could always try posting more to get more acquainted with the forums which may liken your chances. The worst that could be said would be "No", so don't be afraid!

Quick question. The forum applications are to be provisional moderators, correct? At what point does one become a "real" moderator?

Quick question. The forum applications are to be provisional moderators, correct? At what point does one become a "real" moderator?

Yes.

You become a full-time moderator after you've proven to the higher-ups(basically the admins) that you're capable of doing the job and you're doing a good job. After that you get your name in italics and you go on from there.

That's at least what I've been told by two now full-time mods.

It's a pretty good system than the one's I've seen used on most forums.

Do i have to be always active if i become a mod?

Well, what do you think? Obviously a good moderator would have to be active all the time.

Not really. I think as long as you sign on every day or something you're fine. And you're allowed to "take breaks" if you contact a admin and give them a good enough reason (family illness, death in family, school, work, etc)

I'm sure this is common on a lot of other places.

Not really. I think as long as you sign on every day or something you're fine. And you're allowed to "take breaks" if you contact a admin and give them a good enough reason (family illness, death in family, school, work, etc)

Well, yeah, I meant like atleast once a day. But not like being inactive for a week and then coming back.

Anyway, I sent in my application. Now its just a waiting game...

Last edited:

What about punishment? :sweatlol: (serious question)

What about vacations? For example, this summer I've got a two-week Alaskan cruise, Boy Scout summer camp, and church camp.

I'd think vacations are fine. It's not like none of the current mods don't take vacations. Do you really think they just sit in front of their screens 24/7? If you are going on vacation, just tell someone.

Do you really think they just sit in front of their screens 24/7?
Some of us do.

We're reasonable people and cannot control outside forces; if there's a problem in real life, you'd simply throw us a line if you think you'll be gone more than a day. But if you're going to be having a life and actively neglecting your duties here (like an employee shirks his work), you likely shouldn't be applying, since you'll just wind up demoted back to a regular user.

Erm, what is the minimal amount of time per day that you would want a provisional/any moderator to be online for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom