• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW005: Sanyou Gym! VS Baoppu, Hiyappu and Yanappu!!

Dento is going to be enjoyable I can already tell. Hopefully he's not sidelined too much. I'm curious as to why he joins Ash in ther first place. Maybe it has to do with him learning something after Ash beats him?

As for Iris her character is fine for now, but what is her angle? I hope they actually give her more of a reason to travel with him other than "I just want to help you find your way around." That one facial expression of hers during the battle seemed like she was amused.

I agree about Iris. She's alright and all, but I don't think I can sit through her like this for the next 100 episodes.

Iris hasn't even battled once yet.

I kinda of hope the "Kodomo ne~" isn't used half to death. It might wear on me after a while. I hope she actually battles too. It's hard to tell if she is even experienced battle wise. She seems pretty knowledgable about the geography, but other than that I dunno. I'll go out on a limb, and say she's observing Ash right now for his potential trainer wise, but that's stretching it.

It's hard to tell if she is even experienced battle wise. She seems pretty knowledgable about the geography, but other than that I dunno. I'll go out on a limb, and say she's observing Ash right now for his potential trainer wise, but that's stretching it.

Well, she was totally defenseless against Team Rocket in BW002 and don't make any help to Satoshi with her pokemon yet...

I kinda of hope the "Kodomo ne~" isn't used half to death. It might wear on me after a while. I hope she actually battles too. It's hard to tell if she is even experienced battle wise. She seems pretty knowledgable about the geography, but other than that I dunno. I'll go out on a limb, and say she's observing Ash right now for his potential trainer wise, but that's stretching it.

too late

far too late for that...

I just rewatched the episode and realized Dento told Satoshi that his combo with Mijumaru wasn't very good/they weren't compatible. Satoshi, of course, became angry from this.

After noticing that, I'm expecting Mijumaru to suddenly be in perfect sync with Satoshi in the next episode during the final portion of their battle, which'll surprise Dento. He probably was never wrong about his views of compatibility between trainers and Pokemon and that's why he decided to come with Satoshi. He probably realized he has a lot more to learn. x)

Again, just a thought. Seems likely to me.

Mijumaru and Kibago have the most adorable voices ever. Seriously. I know Mijumaru's english name will probably be different, but I honestly hope they keep Kibago, just because his little "kiba?" is too freaking adorable.

Dento. is. awesome. He and his brothers were sooo funny! I loved how they each had a unique personality.

Mijumaru's face at the end (when Yanappu is about to use solar beam) made my night.

Aaand I continue to adore Iris. Her little stalker tendencies and her catch phrase (kodome?) are just so awesome. She's quickly replacing May as my second favorite heroine, and it's only been 5 episodes.

Really enjoying BW so far!

I wonder how Iris and Dento will play off each other. We probably won't know though till they, "officially" join the group.

I wonder how Iris and Dento will play off each other. We probably won't know though till they, "officially" join the group.

I do, too... Though after watching that episode, I did begin to wonder if they'd become Pokemon's "Miroku and Sango."

Interesting note: this'll be the first time in the anime where the main crew would all be around the same age.

I agree with the person's theory on why Dento may leave, interesting theory. ^_^. Hopefully, Ash would use "spin" to dodge the solar beam.

Does anybody else think that Dento with his eyes open looks like a little monkey??

I do, too... Though after watching that episode, I did begin to wonder if they'd become Pokemon's "Miroku and Sango."

Interesting note: this'll be the first time in the anime where the main crew would all be around the same age.

I agree with the person's theory on why Dento may leave, interesting theory. ^_^. Hopefully, Ash would use "spin" to dodge the solar beam.

Does anybody else think that Dento with his eyes open looks like a little monkey??

I don't think so, though having no white in his eyes probably does look a little awkward to a lot of people. XD I got used to it, though.

And they said that Solarbeam is unoriginal.

Now THAT is cool.

True i was saying kamehameha while he was doing it

I mean, it's an icon to japanese people, a cameo.

It's go that theres a gym leader that knows how to anticipate

attacks and stratagize.

I just rewatched the episode and realized Dento told Satoshi that his combo with Mijumaru wasn't very good/they weren't compatible. Satoshi, of course, became angry from this.

After noticing that, I'm expecting Mijumaru to suddenly be in perfect sync with Satoshi in the next episode during the final portion of their battle, which'll surprise Dento. He probably was never wrong about his views of compatibility between trainers and Pokemon and that's why he decided to come with Satoshi. He probably realized he has a lot more to learn. x)

I agree, seems very plausible.

I'm starting to warm up to Iris more. She seemed pretty amused during the battle with that smug look on her face, wonder what she was thinking about. I like the theory someone mentioned earlier about her observing Ash to gauge his abilities as a trainer. For what I don't know.

monkey_004.jpg

bw_dento.jpg

still don't see it? Dento just looks so much like a monkey to me! I'm pretty sure though that if they'd given him the white part of his eyes, he'd look so much better like his bros!

I agree, seems very plausible.

I'm starting to warm up to Iris more. She seemed pretty amused during the battle with that smug look on her face, wonder what she was thinking about. I like the theory someone mentioned earlier about her observing Ash to gauge his abilities as a trainer. For what I don't know.

I think that she hangs around him to watch him be a noob, not knowing about his epic battles to save the world.

Lol I always thought it was just really slanted... Hahahhahahahahha!

Yeah Dento's eyes bother me, I'd prefer if he was always smilng with his eyes closed than to see them open... With them closed, he reminds me even more of Tamaki-sempai...

Did anyone pay attention to the music when Dento first comes to Iris? It sounded like she was infatuated with him as she stammered "arigatou."

"Sayou Gym! VS Baoppu, Hiyappu, and Yanappu!!"

Great way to start the Best Wishes Gyms off. Why Pokabu was even able, to take that many hits, without fainting makes, me wonder and grabbing Baoppu, by the tail and hitting it on the ground like an old bat caused lots of damage despite not being a real attack just, like Bulbasaur's "Tickle". Pokabu has good stamina but, taking Flamethrower, Fire Punch, and a few digs without fainting? Guess, Pokabu still had the expierience it got from it's old trainer. KO'ing Baoppu with a slam to the ground, Ember, and a powerful tackle shows that. But, Pikachu battle I realise every season it becomes as strong as a normal starter. But, wow Thunderbolt took a while to charge up did'nt it? It being knocked out by powerful scratchs and a water gun was a big suprise? Mud Sport has the ability to block Electric attacks, doesn't it seem like Pikachus using Volt Tackle a lot, I mean when it uses it it always mostly fails he's done it a lot since BW began. But, he rarely used it a lot in DP. I'm glad we saw Double Team seemed like that attacks become rare recently. It's was only normal Mijumaru sucked it was it's first Trainer battle and against a gym leader with an advantage no doubt it was scared Pikachu and Ash/Satoshi's encouragement helped it. It seemed scared of Yanappu being spanked with Bullet Seed and being Bitten must've hurt. It gains a better control of it's Water Gun and hits it once. Ok. But, Yanappu makes ready for Solarbeam and Cliffhanger.

When I saw how all the customers in the gym were girls,something on me clicked.It really is like a host club!and not just because of the shot-outs to Tamki-sempai.The way the whole thing is set up....it just resembles the concept of real-life´s host clubs so much xD

Oh,this is a good theory!I could see this happening.

Aaand I continue to adore Iris. Her little stalker tendencies and her catch phrase (kodome?) are just so awesome. She's quickly replacing May as my second favorite heroine, and it's only been 5 episodes.

Agree wholeheartly! thought she is on par and not -above- May in my list...for now:p.

And I believe the phrase is "kodomo ne?"?It means something like "What a kid"?no? inb4dogasucomestocorrectme!

I now understand why Dento is a main character over his two brothers. Their hair styles are too weird to imagine sitting through that in every episode.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom