• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW027: The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!

re: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread

No, it's calked "character development".

They back to their pre-BW personas in BW25 and in same character at BW29. Then, out of nowhere, became BW Rockets again in this episode. It's not a "development"...

They never became funny after going back to white.

You said it before and they became their old personas in BW25 and BW29. Same thing could happen again.

re: BW 027 "The Road to Become a Dragon Master! Kibago VS Crimgan!!" Review Thread

They back to their pre-BW personas in BW25 and in same character at BW29. Then, out of nowhere, became BW Rockets again.

I don't see how they were any different in this episode than they were in 25 and 29.

I don't see how they were any different in this episode than they were in 25 and 29.

But, according to posts in this and previous episodes' threads, everybody agree on TR's characteristic changes in BW25, BW29 and BW30. You're (probably) the only one who see them "in-same-character" in these episodes.

But, according to posts in this and previous episodes' threads, everybody agree on TR's characteristic changes in BW25, BW29 and BW30. You're (probably) the only one who see them "in-same-character" in these episodes.

I believe they were in character also. This episode shows that they take their job more seriously now because of Giovanni's approval of them. The Litwick episode shown that that particular day they didn't want Ash and co. to come to the mansion so they weren't so serious when attacking them.

So basically now they take their jobs more seriously and try not to goof off. When they're not on a mission or on a plan to steal anything, they're more relaxed and "in character" as some people believe.

So basically now they take their jobs more seriously and try not to goof off. When they're not on a mission or on a plan to steal anything, they're more relaxed and "in character" as some people believe.

In BW29, they were "in mission" to catch Pikachu as well. Why they act different now? And why they need to be "out-of-character" in personal relationship between themselves?

I believe they were in character also. This episode shows that they take their job more seriously now because of Giovanni's approval of them. The Litwick episode shown that that particular day they didn't want Ash and co. to come to the mansion so they weren't so serious when attacking them.

In BW25, Sakaki's secretary "released" them from active duty, and they suddenly back to their normal uniforms, personas and goals (Get Pikachu!). Their "off-duty" personas looks same as their pre-BW personas. Now in this episode, they suddenly back to their "on-duty" personas, without changing their goals...

Last edited by a moderator:

In BW29, they were "in mission" to catch Pikachu as well. Why they act different now?

What was so different from last week to this week?

In BW25, Sakaki's secretary "released" them from active duty, and they suddenly back to their normal uniforms, personas and goals (Get Pikachu!).

That's been their goal since they came to Isshu.

Their "off-duty" personas looks same as their pre-BW personas.

I completely disagree. They're much more mature than they ever were in DP, IMO.

To be fair (this expression is coming up a lot, huh? :p) the show has always said that the trainer should do what's best for their Pokémon and keep them happy, so if Emonga didn't want to battle then Iris accepting that was just being consistent with the message of the show.

True, but at the same time, there's a difference between the writers showing Iris forcing Emonga to battle, and them at least showing Iris A- Caring after the intial refusal and B- Trying to think of things to do to get Emonga to the point where she wants to battle (Again, asking Emonga to at least watch her battle Bel with Kibago or Ash v Bel) instead of just accepting the situation because...

You could say Snivy did a better job than Iris herself at getting Emonga under control

Masurao hits the nail on the head here. Again, last episode saw Emonga being developped as a character, but Iris isn't the vector of that developpement, Snivy is.

And that's the problem with the character in a nutshell really. The writers are having other characters play a bigger part than her in the developpement of her pokémon and in episodes that "focus on her", like this week's episode, the writers make blander than bland COTD or Ash's pokémon progress more than her.

All of that leads me to just not care.

What was so different from last week to this week?

Just look at the difference between posts in this and BW29 thread...

That's been their goal since they came to Isshu.

Then why they suddenly back to their white uniforms? Why they began act like their old selves in BW25? Like I said, inconsistencies...

I completely disagree. They're much more mature than they ever were in DP, IMO.

What makes them different (or mature) from their DP selves? Jetpacks? :-D

Just look at the difference between posts in this and BW29 thread...

That's not a reason.

Then why they suddenly back to their white uniforms? Why they began act like their old selves in BW25? Like I said, inconsistencies...

Read my sig. Now that they're on their own they can go back to doing things the way they want. The white uniforms represent their individuality. The Black uniforms, IMO, seem to represent how they were tied down to the Rocket-Dan due to their promotion.

What makes them different from their DP selves? Jetpacks? :-D

Musashi isn't so quick to temper, Kojiro isn't so clingy to his Pokemon, they're actually devising strategies instead of going head on into battle without much of an idea on what to do.

Read my sig. Now that they're on their own they can go back to doing things the way they want. The white uniforms represent their individuality. The Black uniforms, IMO, seem to represent how they were tied down to the Rocket-Dan due to their promotion.
Wow, that's actually pretty sweet.

Awesome ep! I'm starting to like Iris! Hopefully BW will continue this way- I really enjoyed the recent eps!!
I like how they're slowly developing Iris and Axew and also slowly revealing more info about them... while it seems a little similar to Misty's goal and while it seems obvious Iris will end up as a Gym Leader too, it seems like they're doing it right this time, unlike how they handled Misty
I just want an ep where Iris goes all cool and crazy, jumping and claiming to be Bianca's bodyguard... then it's all perfect to me XD (I prefered her game version till now, but I'm warming up to the anime version of her now...)
And looks like I'll enjoy next ep too... BW please continue this way <3 I'm shocked how much better the recent eps are compared to the earlier ones

That's not a reason.

They act like Team Galactic expies. Does that count?

Read my sig.

OLM employs dead people? That explains everything...

Now that they're on their own they can go back to doing things the way they want. The white uniforms represent their individuality. The Black uniforms, IMO, seem to represent how they were tied down to the Rocket-Dan due to their promotion.

So, you mean "White uniforms = pre-BW, independent, silly TR, Black uniforms = serious, dependent to Sakaki, BW Rockets" right?

Then why BW30's white-uniformed TR acting like their black-uniformed selves? Isn't that inconsistent with what you said?

Musashi isn't so quick to temper, Kojiro isn't so clingy to his Pokemon

Back then, you said similar thing about their DP personas...

they're actually devising strategies instead of going head on into battle without much of an idea on what to do.

Their devising plan in BW30:

1. Capture Pokemon
2. Motto
3. Flee
4. Profit!

What part of this is different from their DP plans?

They act like Team Galactic expies. Does that count?

We'll have to agree to disagree there.

OLM employs dead people? That explains everything...

My point is that they're partially keeping true to how Shudo wrote them.

So, you mean "White uniforms = pre-BW, independent, silly TR, Black uniforms = serious, dependent to Sakaki, BW Rockets" right?

I never said white uniforms represented being silly. They can be individuals without being silly all the time.

Back then, you said similar thing about their DP personas...

And it's continued development because it's even more true now than it was back then.

Their devising plan in BW30:

1. Capture Pokemon
2. Motto
3. Flee
4. Profit!

What part of this is different from DP plans?

When did they ever flee from a battle in DP? Or battle competently without some gag?

We'll have to agree to disagree there.

Okay then...

My point is that they're partially keeping true to how Shudo wrote them.

I really don't think so...

I never said white uniforms represented being silly. They can be individuals without being silly all the time.

I don't really see their pre-BW selves as silly (or "useless clowns who get nothing right" in that matter). Okay back to basics:

White uniforms = Independent Pre-BW Rockets
Black uniforms = Serious BW Rockets
BW25: TR back to their Pre-BW uniforms and personas.
BW30: TR back to their BW personas, but they still wear same white uniforms...
So what's the point of their costume-change?

And it's continued development because it's even more true now than it was back then.

Maybe we can't see Musashi's "temper" and Kojiro's "clinginess" because we hardly see them, their interaction and their pokemon?

When did they ever flee from a battle in DP?

Most of time?

Or battle competently without some gag?

Gags are part of their characters.

White uniforms = Independent Pre-BW Rockets
Black uniforms = Serious BW Rockets
BW25: TR back to their Pre-BW uniforms and personas.
BW30: TR back to their BW personas, but they still wear same white uniforms...
So what's the point of their costume-change?
I think it means that, while they are being independant, they're still trying to be serious.

They were alone in BW025, while in BW030 they were on the job, so to speak.

Finally Axew masters Dragon Rage! Good for Axew!

You know, at the risk of looking like a jackass, *points to sig*
Yeah, pretty much that.

I feel we take this too seriously sometimes.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom