• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW070: The Donamite Gets Underway! Zuruggu VS Yanakkie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Shooty just finally got rid of his hilariously awful looking orange jacket/coat/whatever probably to look sexier to charm the ladies in Donamite.

I think Donamite might be occuring inside or around Spiral/Twist Mountain, since Twist Mountain seems to be a mine and dynamite is used in mining. Shooty might just be secretly listening to the twerps while hiding behind a rock(joke unintended), like Urara in DP160 or Kouhei in DP185 or Harley in AG160. Or Satoshi found him without his jacket, because he likes to stalk Shooty like a dog. I don't know. I'm just throwing out stuff at this point.

Also holy shit dman_dustin you are still using your Bulbapedia account :eek:.

Also, about the script being BW067's or not, you can kind of sort of see "Cilan" in the title, so yeah...

I think Shooty just finally got rid of his hilariously awful looking orange jacket/coat/whatever probably to look sexier to charm the ladies in Donamite.

He is still wearing the same outfit :p
TripBW.png

There is just something about that image of Trip that makes me want to watch it so bad.

The Rivals will be returning, as shown in the preview for next weeks Pokemon Smash, which centers around the Donamite tournament.

A character who looks like to an upper class guy with green hair is in the tournament as well.

Are you sure that all of the rivals are returning? The only ones I have seen in the preview were Stephan, Bianca, and Georgia.

*rolls eyes*

So we're officially doing this dance again huh? Don Battle 2.0..ugh

It can't be bad as last time...can it?

More Cabernet and Langley epicness! Can't wait! :) Also that green-haired man has a nice design. Kinda reminds me of Hyūga/Clark the Conductor.

All the cosplayers seem to be holding plush toys of each character's respective pokemon.
It is indeed Bel and Langley that own the Emboar and Bisharp respectively, though I can't tell what it is that 'Cabernet' is holding. Dewott, maybe? Any ideas?

Shooty has Conkeldurr, throwing any theories about a Gurdurr/Boldore trade out the window.

Posh guy has Throh, by the looks of things. Would be cool if he actually turned out to be Kenyan's rival or something, as the two do pretty much look like polar opposites. I think that'd help make Kenyan a bit more interesting myself.

Last edited:
Well, at least we know which episode that the image featuring the dub script came from. I hope that Trip actually makes it far in this tournament. He is supposed to be Ash's main rival in this series, and he got eliminated in the first round of the last tournament that the characters were in.

I am disappointed that Luke is not in this tournament, but then again the only reason why he participated in the Club Battle was to record better battling scenes for his next film. At least the writers won't force Bianca into Zorua-obsessed mode again.

EDIT:
The character cosplayers are holding plushies of the following pokemon:
1- Ash and Scraggy
2- Iris and Axew
3- Cilan and Pansage
4- Trip and Conkeldurr
5- Bianca and Emboar
6- I can't seem to identify Burgundy's pokemon, but it is definitely light blue in color. I'm thinking it could be her Dewott, but who knows? It is definitely not a Samurott, though.
7- Stephan and Sawk
8- Georgia and Bisharp
9- Green-haired guy and Throh

YES! I am glad that Bianca and Georgia are battling in BW071. I am a little disappointed that Trip's Gurdurr has evolved (who did he link trade it with) without the writers going with a Ash's Boldore-Gurdurr trading subplot.

Last edited:
though I can't tell what it is that 'Carbernet' is holding. Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure it's her Dewott. :3

And the prospect of more Cabernet makes me very delighted indeed.^^ Here's to hoping she isn't sidelined so quickly this time.

Last edited:
could it be that the green haired guy is the new version on N, yes it's huge stretch but green haired, tall and slim??? maybe in the new games he will change appereance and we will hear the story how he was a part of TP etc and after the showdown he lives a different live
Burgundy is probably holding a Jellicent or her dewott?

Going by what plush they're holding, I guess Simisage belongs to a CotD then.

That new green haired rival looks interesting, hopefully he's a permanent addition. Too bad Emmy, nor Luke seems to be there. It's ok for Luke he's probably gonna get his reappearance at the area around the 7th gym since the gym leader is an actor and he's a camera man it makes more sense. But, then again Emmy or Koharu could appear they just didn't get cosplays

So, match-ups taking a wild guess here.

Round 1
Satoshi VS. New Rival:Zuruggu VS. Yanakkie(It could go either, way I honestly can't see Zuruggu beating an evolved powerhouse like Yanakkie plus Zuruggu is still only below part with Kibago. I also decided I really don't think Zuruggu needs a new move either. He's hardly used Jumping Knee Kick, or Leer. He still has Headbutt which should be made into a more formidable move so yeah. Let's see some Leer defense lowering action on Yanakkie for a possible win XD But, I honestly see it being more likely for Yanakkie.)
Iris VS. Koharu:Kibago VS. Gothimu(Kibago)
Dento VS. Cabernet:Choroneko VS. Yanappu(Yanappu)
Kenyan/Fillerboy VS. Bel:Dageki/filler Pokemon VS. Chevargo(Chevargo...just barely)
Langley VS. Emmy:Crimgan VS. Kirikizan(Kirikizan)
Shuuti VS. Kenyan/Fillerboy:Rouboushin VS. Buffron/Dageki (Rouboushin)

Alternate Round 1
Satoshi VS. New Rival:Zuruggu VS. Yanakkie(Zuruggu)
Iris VS. Bel:Emonga VS. Chillarmy(Chillarmy)
Dento VS. Shuuti:Rouboushin VS. Yanappu(Rouboushin)
Kenyan VS. Filler Boy:Dageki VS. Buffron(Dageki)
Cabernet VS. Filler Girl:Futachimaru VS. Marracachi(Futachimaru. Fury Cutter)

Last edited:
That new green haired rival looks interesting, hopefully he's a permanent addition. Too bad Emmy, nor Luke seems to be there. It's ok for Luke he's probably gonna get his reappearance at the area around the 7th gym since the gym leader is an actor and he's a camera man it makes more sense. But, then again Emmy or Koharu could appear they just didn't get cosplays

Round 1
Satoshi VS. New Rival:Zuruggu VS. Yanakkie(It could go either, way I honestly can't see Zuruggu beating an evolved powerhouse like Yanakkie plus Zuruggu is still only below part with Kibago. I also decided I really don't think Zuruggu needs a new move either. He's hardly used Jumping Knee Kick, or Leer. He still has Headbutt which should be made into a more formidable move so yeah. Let's see some Leer defense lowering action on Yanakkie for a possible win XD But, I honestly see it being more likely for Yanakkie.)
Kenyan/Fillerboy VS. Bel:Dageki/filler Pokemon VS. Chevargo(Chevargo...just barely)

If Cilan beets Burgundy and Burgundy has Purrloing, what about her Dewott that the cosplay of her is holding in the preview for the next smash episode.

I just hope Scraggy somehow manages to beat Simisage badly.

Last edited:

Round 1

If Cilan beets Burgundy and Burgundy has Purrloing, what about her Dewott that the cosplay of her is holding in the preview for the next smash episode.

If it's like the Club Battle, I'll post my predictions for the first round.

Maybe their just showing the mascot-ish like Pokemon? Ya know? Futachimaru is the first Pokemon she was seen with so maybe they wanna show it off? Dageki being with Kenyan could possibly be because it's battle with Emonga was more memorable and Zeburaika is more of Kamitsure's thing audino ._.

Actually, thinking it over if it's 4-episodes long then.

Going by the plushies

Round 1
Satoshi vs. New Rival: Zuruggu VS. Yanakki(Zuru-Chan AKA ScragMuffin :p)
Iris vs. Koharu: Kibago VS. Gothimu(Kibago)
Dento vs. Cabernet: Yanappu VS Futachimaru(Poetic Justice for Futachimaru from Sanyou, or Yanappu kicking it ass it can go either way)
Shuuti vs. Fillerboy: Rouboshin VS. Buffron(Rouboshin)
Bel VS. Kenyan: Dageki VS. Chevargo(Chevargo)
Langley vs. Filler Girl: Lepardas VS. Kirikizan(Kirikizan)
Emmy/Crimgan Trainer VS. Filler Person(Crimgan)

Round 2
Langley VS. Emmy/Filler trainer:Kirikizan VS. Crimgan(Kirikizan)
Dento VS. Shuuti:Iwaperesu VS. Janobii(Janobii)
Bel VS. Iris:Doryuuzu/Kibago VS. Dredear(Dredear)/Emonga VS. Chillarmy(Chillarmy)
Satoshi VS. Filler Person(Uses Kurumayu)

Round 3

Langley VS Bel:Charbu VS. Kirikizan(Enbour)
Satoshi VS Shuuti:pokabu VS. Baricchi(Pokabu evolves into Charbu and wins)

Finals
Satoshi VS. Bel:Waruvile/Mijumaru VS. Enbour(Enbour)

Last edited:
*rolls eyes*

So we're officially doing this dance again huh? Don Battle 2.0..ugh

It can't be bad as last time...can it?

God I hope not :p
Maybe this is a means of the writers apologizing for the Don Battle and being like "edit that tourney out of your minds and just remember this better tourney"

Maybe this is a means of the writers apologizing for the Don Battle and being like "edit that tourney out of your minds and just remember this better tourney"

Still begs the question as to why there is so much focus on Langley's Bisharp, and given that Iris hasn't done much of any battling for the past 20 or so episodes....yeah, that's kinda what is making me dread this tournament.

We know nothing of Trip yet either, other than the fact his Gurdurr evolved. He honestly needs the biggest boost to his rivalry. Let's hope this tournament is not just another waste of time, and some actual development happens for Ash/Trip. yeah, right sure...

What was wrong with the last tournament? O.0

I hope Cilan battles Burgundy in the first round and I wouldn't mind either one winning.

I am surprised at Stephan [Kenyan] being thinner and more muscular in the preview. I wonder what happened to him... perhaps more training on his part, or something happened last episode?

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom