• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW090: The Junior Cup Gets Underway! Kairyu VS Tunbear!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wont lose the first round, otherwise there is no point of Trip being there really- they wont get to battle

Trip was in the two previous tournaments too, but still the two of them didn't get to battle. I'm not saying that I don't think they'll battle in this tournament, but what I'm saying is that Trip's presence in the tournament really has nothing to do with Ash getting to battle him.

The only reason I want Trip to win this is so Ash can beat him in the league. Ash losing another random tournament isn't a big deal, but the league itself is the main event.

Besides we'll get to see Trip meet and battle his idol here and be done with that story.

The only reason I want Trip to win this is so Ash can beat him in the league. Ash losing another random tournament isn't a big deal, but the league itself is the main event.

Besides we'll get to see Trip meet and battle his idol here and be done with that story.

Ash is going to beat him in the League regardless of whether or not Trip wins this tournament. He's still his main rival, for some reason, and they've saved Ash defeating his other main rivals in their first league battle in previous series. I don't think it's really necessary for Trip to win this tournament in order for that to happen. Plus, Trip already met Alder and had the chance to battle him and didn't take it because of how upset that he wasn't the same person he idolized for years.

However, I think that this discussion is a bit too off-topic and would be more appropriate for the general Junior Cup thread than it is for this preview thread. So, I suggest that we return to discussing the Iris vs. Georgia match here instead.

It's big deal to me !
Because Ash wont gonna win Unova League !

It's big deal to me !
Because Ash wont gonna win Unova League !
So...basically...if Ash loses in this, then he won't win in the Unova league?

Actually, that may not be the truth if he continues training, but the Unova League is episodes away from the Junior Cup.

Also, the League isn't relevant to this episode preview thread. Drop the subject.

Is Dragonite using Thunder Punch in the scan on the previous page? It seems so, but I can't tell for definite...

Well, when I wished for this Tournament to include rivals battling, I must say I didn't envisage it resulting in a match like that. Yes, I'm curious as to Langley's reaction towards Iris and her Dragonite during the course of this battle, and when Iris defeats Langley, which depresses me somewhat, as I think Langley should win. I think it'd be appropriate to split her response in two, given the circumstances. Towards Dragonite? I believe she'd quite admire a powerful, formidable pseudo-legendary Dragon such as Dragonite, and would be pleased with the honour of at least attempting to bust such a beast. She'd probably ramble that she certainly could have triumphed against it, just some little factor was absent or something along those lines.
Towards Iris? Disappointed would be my bet. Firstly, Iris isn't technically winning this, due to Dragonite's disobedience, the win boils down to solely his performance during the battle, so it already looks unfair, as it isn't a traditional trainer-Pokemon combination winning this, nor is the more ideal relationship of trainer and Pokemon coming out as victorious. Secondly, the fact that Langley's using her Beartic, may be slightly irksome in the department that it is used quite a bit but it still portrays that Langley is sending out a well-trained Pokemon that we've known she's had since her debut, who is an ice-type Pokemon, trained to lend a helpful hand in busting Dragons against Iris' freshly caught, untrained pseudo-Legendary Dragon. It just looks like cavalier, and almost acts as a big slap in the fact to Langley and their rivalry. I feel that Langley's always been the one more keen on the progression of their rivalry, training Ice-types and other Pokemon to be formidable against Dragons, telling Iris to notice her abilities during battle and taking note of Iris' capabilities herself, bugging Iris on the timing of her succession to the title Dragon Master and vehemently vowing that she will defeat Iris to Cabernet in BW071, which I don't really think Iris has ever fully returned that concern, but in the way that Iris just sends out Dragonite is a bit of an insult towards Langley- sure, she likes busting Dragons, but she's your rival and if she goes through the bother to send out a trained Pokemon for you, you should at least be courteous and follow suit.
Yes, I can comprehend that she may want to try out her new Pokemon, but really the Junior Cup seems a bit too penultimate and glorified for that now; your opponents are at a more competent stage of formability, taking such a risk should be detrimental at this stage.

About Bel and Kenyan not appearing- that's a massive pity. Those two are vibrant and fun for both interactions and battles, in my view. I'm trying to think of as to why they're not here, saving them for the Unova League? But Ash, and even Shooti are competing, so I'm drawing a blank. It's odd too, because I think they'd be lured into such a tournament, too. They seem the like the type too.

In regards to Cabernet obtaining a Darmanitan, I'm ambivalent- I think a brash, bold fighting type sort of suits her in a cute sense, however, it's Darmanitan. I would've still preferred something a bit more, well, exotic, I guess. In addition, her Sawsbuck hasn't been seen since her debut, so I wish she'd use it instead, but alas no. I wonder how far she'll triumph to- if she's up against Shooti first, well, she's going to be shot down, which is rather underwhelming. Still, since she performed very well in her last loss, I wonder how she fight this time around, if it's against him. I've a horrid feeling that she'll lose early, anyways, which I hope to be proven wrong on.

I'm kinda okay with Kenyan/Stephan not appearing. He had his crowning moment of badassness in the last tournament.

I do wish Bel/Bianca was here though. She was cool in the last tournament, but still hasn't really had a moment to shine. Also without her here, you pretty much only have Burgundy for comedic relief.

30hs9yg.jpg

2rzxx5x.jpg

new information?

Last edited:
Preview
- Alder talking on a big screen.
- Dawn and Iris and then Iris being scared after hearing Georgia.
- Trip not looking pleased.
- Burgundy talking to Cilan.
- Ash is pumped.
- Georgia does a command?
- Beartic uses Hidden Power?
- Dragonite hits them with his hands.
- Iris looks angry and yells.
- Cynthia does something with some sort of elegant entrance thing.
- Garchomp uses Dragon Rush.
- Gothitelle does an electric move.
- Trip commands Serperior.
- Serperior uses Solarbeam.
- Dawn commands Piplup.
- Piplup uses Drill Peck or something.
- Beartic uses Ice Beam.
- Dragonite absorbs some electricity.
- Iris is scared.
- Georgia brings out Beartic.

ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ シーズン2 - YouTube

Last edited:
So Beartic learned how to use Hidden Power. Yay Beartic XD!

Ugh, looks like the exhibition match is going to be painfully abridged.

Disappointing, I wanted to see the two badass blondes duke it out.

So, if Dawn is using Piplup in her battle for this episode and Mamoswine later, that must mean the participants are allowed to change their Pokemon between battles. There's still hope for Ash yet, then. Looking forward to the Burgundy and Georgia moments, they're always a lot of fun.

Haha, I knew Dawn would use Piplup. In other words Dawn's Pokemon will all rot in their balls for her cameo aside from Piplup and Mamoswine. Seriously, what was the point of her Quilava?

I guess Dawn will face a COTD.

Last edited:
Scott, there's still more eps in East Unova after this, like the Meloetta/TRio eps, or the chance of Dawn staying for the Unova League... we still might see some of her other Pokémon (though I guess it really will be mostly Piplup... but I still hope Togekiss will get something too)

So this is how I think the junior cup finals are going to happen.
Iris vs Trip=Iris wins
Iris vs Ash- Up in the air. (the only way I see as winning against Dragonite is either if Krokorok evolves or he bring back Glalie)

this is a load of bullshit

Using a OP dragonite that you just caught an episode ago
How cheap thats not fair for Ash and all the people who actually train their pokemon
I hate this so much omg
Iris doesnt deserve that dragonite
Poor Axew its officially replaced

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a load of bullshit

Using a OP dragonite that you just caught an episode ago
How cheap thats not fair for Ash and all the people who actually train their pokemon

I hate this so much omg
Iris doesnt deserve that dragonite
Poor Axew its officially replaced

Last time I checked, people are allowed to use any Pokemon they want. Regardless of when they were caught.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom