• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Discussion Thread

Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

Shizui's weird skin thing has been confirmed as a tan by the magazine that leaked yesterday.

Re: Revealed Gym Leaders Thread: Nay or Yay?

The portagonists are d'awwww. I wanna give the boy a hug, I freaking love his hair. And the girl...WE ARE SO CLOSE. REMOVE THE SKIRT AND SHE HAS LONG PANTS SHDIYGWDYASYFURFF. I've dubbed the water GL "Finnick". The poison gym leader is just freaking badass, I can't wait to fight her. I heard her gym was also a music club, so that should be cool.

Re: Black & White 2 Character Discussion Thread

So anyone still in doubt about Shizui's status as a powerful gym leader, feast your eyes on this new trailer (~0:45 seconds in)

His entire gym is actually covered with many Ace Trainers (well at least three if we include the one we already know of). Kind of wish they were swimmers though, given we finally have a (second) gym leader dressed as a swimmer. Note that he has three Pokémon, but remember that all gym leaders in BW Unova had three maximum?

I love that his gym involves lily pad hopping! (and that his sprite jumps in from off the screen!)

He totally comes off as an athlete of some kind.

Shizui I really like him! the gym is great as well! A complete winWin!
So 3 pokes! My guess goes for Tympole, Psyduck and frilish or Jelicent! all around Level 20!

Okay first, I won't say that Hoenn will be in BW2. Shizui talks with a Kyushu dialect. Kyushu is in Pokemon, Hoenn. So I think Shizui is from Hoenn.

Okay first, I won't say that Hoenn will be in BW2. Shizui talks with a Kyushu dialect. Kyushu is in Pokemon, Hoenn. So I think Shizui is from Hoenn.

I recall someone mentioning Shizui had a strange dialect, but I forgot to ask which Japanese dialect that was. Now it makes sense why he seems to be a diver. Here's still hoping for a Wailord and Relicanth for him.

I recall someone mentioning Shizui had a strange dialect, but I forgot to ask which Japanese dialect that was. Now it makes sense why he seems to be a diver. Here's still hoping for a Wailord and Relicanth for him.

So what will his English dialect be? Will he indeed be Californian/ surfer dude?

AH, no wonder certain sites were beating around the bush for the dialect, it makes complete sense now.

I want Hoenn Remakes more than anyone, anyone, here, but even I think this is a bit reaching...

With the whole lily-pad puzzle, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Lombre/Ludicolo as one of his 3 Pokemon.

I want Hoenn Remakes more than anyone, anyone, here, but even I think this is a bit reaching...

Who's reaching? We're noting an accent. This wouldn't be the first time trainers migrate. Glacia is supposed to be from a far off region, and Clay is supposedly Japanese.

Perhaps he is related to Phoebe. Not because their skin tone (he is a tanned white guy and she is fully tanned, by the way), but because she looks like a hula dancer and he looks like a surfer guy, two kind of people that stays a lot of time in beaches.

May this be one more easter egg/hint that they will give us the hoenn remakes in this generation.

I don't see how "surfer guy" and "hula dancer" makes them related at all. There's an entire beach area in Slateport City, as well as Lilycove for surfing. Then there's the idea that Shizui may be a diver, which would fall in line with being someone from Sootopolis. The leftmost screenshot here reminds me of Pacifidlog, and the city's entire population was supposedly founded by sea-faring nomads, so likely they're able to swim as well.

Honestly, I got a more Pacifidlog feel out of him. He has goggles, I don't think surfers really have a need for that do they? He also has a fisher's net full of Pokeballs, so perhaps he goes fishing for Pokemon as he dives. The people of Pacifidlog fish and dive as part f their lifestyle, so I would assume if he's from Hoenn, he'd be from there. It's a much better fit than Phoebe, who is likely from the Mt. Pyre area.

There was a swimmer in Undella Bay who comments after you beat him: "people get strong by battling gyms." or something. After that, he says:

"ok I will challenge Pokemon in gyms all over the world! Where do I find water-type gyms... Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, right?".

Aha, hint ?

There was a swimmer in Undella Bay who comments after you beat him: "people get strong by battling gyms." or something. After that, he says:

"ok I will challenge Pokemon in gyms all over the world! Where do I find water-type gyms... Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, right?".

Aha, hint ?

Anyone could say that. It's too vague of a comment to be a hint. And what did this swimmer look like, exactly?

Random swimmer. I think everything can be indicative in BW. I really think Shizui's gym is in Undella Town. Undella town may have changed and developped much, but many people think like that and this is maybe too obvious...

About the other characters, I think Belle will have long hair, the OST would be the Rival Theme from BW. If we can battle Black/White, he/she will have the same starter as the protagonist.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom