• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Crossovers?

Reaction score
When it comes to crossover fiction, how do you justify the multiple works meeting?

In my case, I usually take the Super Smash Bros. approach, transplanting the characters to a new setting where they have always coexisted, albeit perhaps unknowingly. This does have the unfortunate drawback of being unable to affect the "canon" universes, but I can think of few scenarios where that would really be of much benefit.

Other times, I fall back on the old standby of dimensional portals, but I recognize the fact that this is terribly cliché.

The only crossover I've thought about making was a Pokemon x Star Trek crossover, and I intended on making it sort of like the final episode of Star Trek: Enterprise, where the entire Pokemon journey is just a long series of holodeck simulations one of the younger crewmen goes through over the course of their career. I even toyed with that idea for Storm Island and my old abandoned Star Trek story, as a looooooot of the characters share names between the two, but in the end I felt like that would have been a massive middle finger to the audience.

I haven't thought about crossovers for much of anything else though. I'm a stickler for details and for stories that make sense. I tend to know a lot about the details around stories and franchises that just aren't compatible (Let's say Zelda and Metal Gear), while for things that are (Pokemon and Digimon, for example), my knowledge of one area just isn't enough to justify writing them together.

I think my favorite, by far, was an old crossover that I read (and I'll see if I can find) that mixed Golden Sun and elements of Dragon Quest together. It was done by just some guy, but the attention to detail, description, plot and fluidity between continuities was incredible.

oh god now I'm inspired to do something similar ;-;

Last edited:
I can't take credit for it, but there is the Paper Mario X series. The stories keep the game mechanics from the games (that I've read so far) except for the stored partners thing (the extras just follow along and watch from the sidelines, and, in the case of Goombario in the first one, being the victim of the "other worlders"), right down to the characters talking about their HP, FP, and Mario's BP once (got a lot from charity)

I like the challenge of figuring out how to keep everything from the canon, plus adding everything that isn't canon unless seriously impossible where I add it in anyway, and not watering it down in the slightest. Such as my Travelsverse Project, where all the series, using the Smash Brothers series for reference, are on independent planets with the Galactic Federation of Metroid guarding the space between, powered by Star Bits from Altus Regno, where the Super Mario and Zelda series occur, and Chaos Drives from Mobius, of the Sonic the Hedgehog series.

Oh, and backstory wise, everything is connected. :3

From my personal experience of crossover stories I'd came in Fanfiction.net and also many others official works, the crossover stories can be categorized as the following several kinds:

The crossovers of two canons:

1) Character(s) of canon A travel to universe of canon B:
Be the character sucked into a warp hole and then the next moment he/she find him/herself in an unknown new world, or the character travels to another universe deliberately, or someone from that another world summons the character(s) to that world. Doesn't matter how the character travels to it, the situation is still the same. The character(s) is completely new to this world like a newborn baby, where he/she will told by the surroundings what he/she will need to do, where to go, how to do, etc. In most cases because character(s) need to adapt themselves into this new world, they will need to change their thinking pattern and thinking logic, hence they will lost many of their characteristic as being a character of their original canon, and become one of the character in that another new universe. In Japanese doujin vocabulary this losing of original characteristic is called "character destruction" (キャラ崩壊).
From the universe structural perspective this is the easiest kind of crossover, but from story perspective this is also the easiest to screw the story up. It is the most abundant type of crossovers I found in FF.net, and yet generically speaking the most poorly written kind of crossover.

2) If character(s) of canon A meeting character(s) of canon B:
This is similar to the 1st kind, but not necessarily meant to be connected to another different world. The characters of the two canons can be living in the exact same universe, but for some reason they meet each other, and for some incidents they need to work together.
Structurally this kind of crossover is similar to the 1st kind, but had a lesser risk of character destruction, because for this kind of crossover characters of the two canon is not obligated to change their thinkings into that in another canon. But still, depending on is there any similarities in the two canons, story can still mess up easily if the canons are dissimilar right from the start.

3) Universe of the two canons merged into one universe:
This is like a combination of 1st and 2nd kind, where characters from both sides are newborn baby to each other's world, they meet and work together for the story plot purpose. For this kind of crossover, story revolves mostly in the conflict between the two worlds, and in order to solve the conflict the merged world should split back as two, or the characters of the two canons learn to coexist with each other.
Story situation of this type is very complex, because author should think deeply what influence will such merging cause to the two originally separate universes. Not only the world geography is merged, but also morals, ethics, cultures are merged. And under such complex situation, what story can be tell? is also one difficult question.
For this kind of crossover, it only work nicely between canons having similarities, or even in a shared world situation. Examples will be Sailor Moon x Pretty Cure, Mazinger x Getter Robot, etc. If cross with a canons that has very little similarities, or completely dissimilar, this kind of crossover will make you ruin your story from character interactions to world structure.

4) Retelling of events in canon A in the universe of canon B:
This is like an imitation/copying, or sometimes parodying of canon A's events. This happens not only in fanfic, but also sometimes in official works.
So basically it is the exact same events, but happened not in canon A's world, but in canon B's world. Sometimes settings will changes to meet the background setting of canon B's world.
I'd came up a Sailor Moon x Pokemon fanfic in FF.net that is like that. Instead of a black cat Lunar from the moon, the protagonist (living in the Pokemon universe) meet a Pokemon from the moon (doesn't remember what was that Pokemon. Was it Clefairy, or Espeon, or Umbreon?) that grant the protagonist power to transform herself to a superhero. Then the protagonist is to fight the Big Bad with this power. (I didn't read this fanfic until the end though, because it bored me out)
This kind of crossover fanfic will not necessarily had a bad background setting. But since it is just a rehashing of a past story in a different superficial setting, it will soon bores out the viewers that knows the canon story.
No one like to drink the second brew of tea. It goes the same to crossover story as well.

5) Merge the concept of canon A in the universe of canon B:
Story take place in universe of canon B, but the concept, idea, background settings, or even the characters of canon A is used. Such kind of crossover almost always has original story that are significantly differ from canon story of A or B. Sometimes original characters are used instead of canon characters because a better story can be told.
The one example I can think of is the official Pokemon Conquest game, where the gaming idea, the concept of wars, the characters from Nobunaga's Ambition are used. And in order for such setting to work, a new Ransei region inside the Pokemon World was created for story of this game. (Though, many fans do not consider Ransei to be in the same universe as that in the mainstream RPG series)
For this kind of crossover, canons with or without similarity can also be crossed, even the most weird canon combination can make to become workable. And how good a story can become, will depends mainly on the creativity of the fanfic author.

And just a sidenote. I'm currently doing a crossover fanfic of this kind.

6) Original story in an original universe where characters/concepts of canon A and canon B coexists:
This seems like a further extension of the 5th kind, but actually not. It can be only the characters of the canons are used, but story set in a complete different universe that is neither from canon A nor B; Or that the structure and concepts of world of both canons are adapted, but author's original characters are used. For this kind of crossover, 90% of it is original, where one can say it may become a standalone title on its own.
The one example I can think of is the Kingdom Hearts series collaborated by Square Enix and Disney. Although Disney characters and story structure of Final Fantasy is used, but it is set in a complete different universe that should not thought to have direct connection with any of the Final Fantasy world nor any individual Disney's world. The Kingdom Hearts universe, is a standalone galaxy in its fandom's understandings.

The crossovers of multiple canons:

7) The Star System crossover:
Star System (スター・システム) is a Japanese technical word, for the kind of crossover system where only featuring the most noticeable characters of several different canons of different companies, and story is something completely original. Such star system crossover is mostly seen in fighting, shooting, racing and sport games where story is not important for gameplay purpose.
Other than the well-known Smash Bros series, there is also the shooting game Parodius, Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, etc.

8) Travel between different universe:
The protagonist has power to travel between different canon universe, and it is his/her job to solve the conflict in each universe and unite the characters in order to gain power to fight the final Big Bad enemy.
For this kind of crossover, it is OK to cross with canons that has completely nothing similar with the others. The one example I can think of is the simulation RPG game called NAMCO x CAPCOM, where each canon universe in the game is a standalone individual universe that doesn't connected with any other universe in the same game.

9) Treat all canon story in one single universe:
It is like the 8th type, but instead of each canon universe exist individually on their own in the story, they rather all considered to exist at the same time in the exact same universe. Because of that, this kind of multiple crossover only workable to cross with canons having similarities AND ALSO no existential contradiction.
The most well-known multiple crossover of this kind will be the Super Robots Wars series (A war tactic simulation game in Japan. Since it doesn't have non-Japanese overseas version, so foreigners might not know this game at all). It is a massive crossover of many giant mecha animes, where each of the canonical stories are adapted as the background setting and its gameplay story plot. Despite there are like +20 official works are involved, there is only one single "earth" in its story, and each different enemies from different canons all existed in this one single earth. Hence, the SRW universe was always set to be under chaotic conditions where conflicts and wars happens everywhere such that mankind is almost extinct, and it is the job of the player to utilizing the ally characters from each canon to defeat every single enemies of each canons.

10) Utilizing characters in one single universe:
This is similar to the 9th kind crossover, but canon story is not adapted, or that adapted to a very limited basis where it only influence the character interactions. Such crossover also happens mainly for crossing canons of very similar genre and having similar backgrounds.
The one I can think of is the Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology series and Dissidia Final Fantasy series, where characters from many different works under the same title is used, but the canon story of each canon works are not important in the crossover works.
To be more technical correctly categorizing, this kind of crossover is also very similar to the Star System crossover.

11) Shared World crossover:
The crossovers of canon works that are in the exact same universe under the exact same timeline. Generally it is between works under a series of the same title. Normally this kind of crossover is seldomly considered by fans, but mostly by the official game company that created those series.
Examples will be crossing the Gundam series (especially the UC era Gundam series), Zoid series, etc.

12) Tokusatsu movie crossover:
This is a very special kind of official crossover specifically in the Tokusatsu communities since 2009 where Kamen Rider Decade had featured. It is basically crossing (or more correctly speaking featured as guest characters) all the past Kamen Riders in the movie scenes, so a massive amount of characters are joining the force to fight the Big Bad. And in the recent years, not only for Kamen Riders, but such crossovers had extended to other tokusatsu series as well.
From the movie production perspective, such massive crossover is completely pouposeless for story writing, the featuring of other historical Kamen Riders do not add anything to the overall story, they are there only for the mere sake of fan-service.
And for me personally, I really don't like such meaningless featuring of old Kamen Riders. Although officially this is considered as one kind of crossover, but IMO that is not "crossover", but merely fan-service.

For me personally, I appreciated all kinds of 5th and 6th type of crossover, because that is the really challenging type of crossover that can tell immediately is the author really creative or not.
And for the massive crossover type...... I'm neutral to any kind except the last one.

P.S. My list of crossover story structural types might not be completed. One is welcome to suggest other kind of crossover that is not listed in here.

Crossovers, unless their the sole reason of the main story, are meant in a comedic sense or to pay homage to them. Keep in mind that the act may be insulting to the source material, which defeats the purpose of a crossover IMO. There's also the collaboration between 2 different sources, but your not actually writing your own story at that point.

Paying homage to a source is a personal favorite. The source could be intricately written or thrown into a story, so long as the purpose is to pay respects to a source of inspiration.

A Tribute to the late Gary Gygax (DnD creator) in the online comic "Order of The Stick"
image.jpg

Last edited:
My Simpson\Pokemon crossover is basically type 3, but the two universes are somehow always been the same universe, with Santa's Little Helper and Snowball II zigzagging between being Pokèmon and run-of-the-mill animals, and Seby (an idol with a Luvdisc)'s home zigzagging between Tokyo and Saffron City, and even one of the characters zigzags between being a Watortle-looking human that lived for 1000 years, a digital program, an actual Wartortle that is distantly related to Mew's, or something like a Kappa or whatever. The only Pokèmon character present in there is actually Prof. (Ravenrose) Birch, sometimes also Sabrina, but she zigzags between being called Sabrina or Natsume, and between being the actual Sabrina in the Pokèmon Games, a clone, or something else that might or might not be related to either Mr. Burns, Raye Hino, or Seby herself. Yup, the Sailor Senshi's also have a quick stop in this wacked up universe.

But i was 8-9 years old, so i was excused.

My Pokemon is Type 3, but the two universes are somehow always been the same universe.

Considering the whole "Slenderverse" I follow and their many crossovers, I consider a crossover when characters or events from other works mesh together to move along plot. So far of what I've seen, it's been used fantastically, and all of it has contributed to the plot of all of them that have done crossovers.

How I would justify it? Mostly if there's a need or want to do such, and only if the other person of the work is alright with it. Now, I do realize I can't just go "Oh hey Pokemon Company International, I want to write a story that's based off of yours, and thrown in with blah blah blah." but if it were a single person that has an amazing work, I'd ask, and only if there were a really, really good reason to need to make a crossover with their work(s).

I...Just incorporate small concepts from other things, mostly, rather than a full-out crossover...heh

I wrote a Doctor Who/Pokemon crossover on a dare a while back, which featured the Eleventh Doctor, Amy, and Rory getting tossed into the Pokemon universe.

It was fun to write, and people seemed to like it, despite how silly it all was.

A Pokemon/My Little Pony crossover I'm planning to do sometime in the future would fall into that first category up there. Keldeo travels to Equestria for two reasons: one, he's the most pony-like of the available Pokemon to help fix the story's situation, and two, Equestria itself also ends up pulled into the conflict. However, upon arriving, Keldeo gains the ability to speak with his mouth the way the ponies do, negating the need to communicate telepathically, and his "art style" changes to that of MLP: Friendship is Magic. lol

He still has all of his Poke powers though. And yes, he will be called a male in this fic. He seems to be so in canon, so yeah.

However, I'm doing something somewhat different with a Zelda/Fire Emblem crossover I'm also planning. It doesn't actually take place in a canon location from either series, but characters from both end up warped to a whole new dimension and have to work together to find their way home as well as defeat the villains responsible (who are comprised of baddies from both of my current FE and Zelda fics).

So yeah, crossovers can be done in lots of ways. :)

I've often thought about shows to crossover with American Dragon: Jake Long (or at this point, the sequel series that i'm planning to write), and right now, i've settled on two crossover ideas: one with "Kim Possible" and another three-way crossover with "Danny Phantom" and "The Life and Times of Juniper Lee".

However, my problem is that in both cases, there's a risk of the main character from "American Dragon: Jake Long" looking inferior to the other main characters, especially with the crossover idea with Kim Possible.

My idea for the three-way crossover was supposed to work like DC Comics' Trinity and/or Jason and the Argonauts, with "American Dragon: Jake Long"'s main character being the leader, but that just doesn't feel feasible to me anymore.

Any thoughts?

I've often thought about shows to crossover with American Dragon: Jake Long (or at this point, the sequel series that i'm planning to write), and right now, i've settled on two crossover ideas: one with "Kim Possible" and another three-way crossover with "Danny Phantom" and "The Life and Times of Juniper Lee".

However, my problem is that in both cases, there's a risk of the main character from "American Dragon: Jake Long" looking inferior to the other main characters, especially with the crossover idea with Kim Possible.

My idea for the three-way crossover was supposed to work like DC Comics' Trinity and/or Jason and the Argonauts, with "American Dragon: Jake Long"'s main character being the leader, but that just doesn't feel feasible to me anymore.

Any thoughts?

Well, as far as the three-way crossover, I can't offer much. I'm not super-familiar with Jake Long or Danny Phantom. I did watch some of Juniper Lee though. Anyway, you could use that sense of inferiority to your advantage. Maybe Jake DOES feel inferior at first and that feeds into the plot. As for how to solve it, I'd take a look at the antagonists, their strengths and weaknesses, and also take a look at the strengths and weaknesses of each hero. Is there something Jake is good at that the others are not good at? Some place where he could feel strong? Or perhaps something could weaken the other heroes, but not Jake, you know what I mean? I wish I could be of more help.

In general, since it's a crossover of more than two, you need to take the idea slowly and carefully. A regular two fandom crossover has its own difficulties, but the more fandoms there are in a crossover there are, the harder it is, and the easier it gets for something to go wrong.

And while parallel dimensions may be a bit cliche, it is the best way to unite two franchises with canon that makes their existing in the same universe impossible, unless you want to do something like a fusion, like an old story I remember from...Classic Cowboy I think, called Spinarack-Man where it was basically Pokemon characters acting out the first Spider-Man movie.

A long time ago, Fox had a lineup of Saturday morning cartoons, one of which was the Mortal Kombat series. One day there was an event going on about some barbarian-like dude that kept getting pulled into different dimensions. The process had him getting pulled into each of Fox's Saturday morning lineups. He kept to a common story, but his animation and role changed for each show. In DnD terms, he started Neutral, then Good, then Chaotic (Mortal Kombat) then back to Neutral when he was finally able to return home.

For the life of me so can't remember which Mortal Kombat episode it was, but is worth watching for the novelty alone.

I'm in the idea stages of a fic, which is going to use the code name AmC, where it takes a character from one universe and develops them the other. It's based off of a cheeky throw off in the bio of one of the game's accessories, which was crafted by an extraordinary Umbra Witch, Eva, to help her and her demonic partner, a legendary dark knight.

Seriously though, it's a Bayonetta/Devil May Cry crossover, where Dante and Vergil are teens, raised believing that the witches killed their mother as revenge during the witch hunts, whilst she was really a witch herself, and that their delayed ageing comes from their demonic father, Sparda, where it is in fact a product of having Umbran Blood. When they see their teacher, Miss D'Arc, with an odd pair of large pistols, their suspicions grow and old hatred is re-opened, and all out chaos occurs when they find her and... A nun killing the boy's angelic allies? When minor demons start popping up along with angels, it's a fight once again between light and dark, with truth and justice only fanning the flames of a centuries old distaste.

I've combined old Dante and Vergil with the cheeky throw from the Bracelet of Time accessory, and since the Umbra Witches were killed out (except the obvious two) I've had to throw in the good old age delaying cliche (well, Bayonetta and the other are both 602 if Bayonetta 2 takes place this year, and both look to be in their early twenties), but considering the universe, it seems fair.

Can't put much more in without bad spoilers, but these are my favourite kind of crossovers. Less fuss, but harder to write.

In my upcoming live-action/machinima project The Elder Scrolls: Trial By Fiction, much of the action literally takes place inside video games, and as such, the machinima portion of the program will feature several video game worlds, chiefly The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Star Trek Bridge Commander: Kobayashi Maru, Nehrim: At Fate's Edge and the Middle-earth Roleplaying Project mod. The main villain, an original character named Kr'ohr gro-Lestim, inducts several famous video game antagonists into his ranks, including Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda), Sephiroth (Final Fantasy), Dracula (Castlevania) and Oblivion's own Daedric Princes, as well as a few licensed game characters like Darth Maul (Star Wars: Battlefront II) and Voldemort (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2), and of course, you can't have a Middle-earth mod without including Sauron.

On the heroes' side, Mario (Super Mario Bros.), Link (The Legend of Zelda), Samus Aran (Metroid) and Master Chief (Halo) are slated to appear in some capacity, with guest appearances by Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek Bridge Commander: Kobayashi Maru), members of the Fellowship of the Ring (Middle-earth Roleplaying Project) and many others. In all likelihood, however, most of these will only be cameos, as I haven't thought of a realistic way to tie them all into the main narrative meaningfully.

The reason given for all this crossing over is as part of the main protagonist's titular "trial". After creating Kr'ohr and getting transported inside the game world, our hero must face many hardships which teach him two things: 1) He can't spend his life living in a game, and 2) He isn't infallible, and he must face and accept this fact if he expects to live a happy life.

The plot is a bit more complicated than that, but I don't want to give away all the good parts.

8) Travel between different universe:
The protagonist has power to travel between different canon universe, and it is his/her job to solve the conflict in each universe and unite the characters in order to gain power to fight the final Big Bad enemy.
For this kind of crossover, it is OK to cross with canons that has completely nothing similar with the others. The one example I can think of is the simulation RPG game called NAMCO x CAPCOM, where each canon universe in the game is a standalone individual universe that doesn't connected with any other universe in the same game.

Kingdom Hearts is also this type of crossover.

9) Treat all canon story in one single universe:
It is like the 8th type, but instead of each canon universe exist individually on their own in the story, they rather all considered to exist at the same time in the exact same universe. Because of that, this kind of multiple crossover only workable to cross with canons having similarities AND ALSO no existential contradiction.
The most well-known multiple crossover of this kind will be the Super Robots Wars series (A war tactic simulation game in Japan. Since it doesn't have non-Japanese overseas version, so foreigners might not know this game at all). It is a massive crossover of many giant mecha animes, where each of the canonical stories are adapted as the background setting and its gameplay story plot. Despite there are like +20 official works are involved, there is only one single "earth" in its story, and each different enemies from different canons all existed in this one single earth. Hence, the SRW universe was always set to be under chaotic conditions where conflicts and wars happens everywhere such that mankind is almost extinct, and it is the job of the player to utilizing the ally characters from each canon to defeat every single enemies of each canons.

11) Shared World crossover:
The crossovers of canon works that are in the exact same universe under the exact same timeline. Generally it is between works under a series of the same title. Normally this kind of crossover is seldomly considered by fans, but mostly by the official game company that created those series.
Examples will be crossing the Gundam series (especially the UC era Gundam series), Zoid series, etc.

either one is common in comic books. Deepening on the story.

sorry for the necrobump. I have my own crossover idea, but it may be...strange to say the least.

An IRC RP I'm currently co-hosting is a Pokémon/Digimon crossover. Set mainly in the Pokémon world, the crossover is achieved by presenting Digimon as a work of fiction, which inspires a video game designer at Silph Co. to try and recreate the Digital World using the Porygon technology. The result is a fully real and alive digital construct which can be physically entered and exited with the right equipment (for instance, a Digivice).

However, a shady military organization takes notice of the Digimon's power, which is believed potentially greater than that of Pokémon, and tries to take control of the game world and weaponize its inhabitants. The game selects a group of Pokémon trainers as its chosen "DigiDestined", counting on them to defend it from this devious force by mastering the monsters of both worlds.

My RP site, Accio Pokeball, is set in the Potterverse with the inclusion of Pokemon. I always felt that interesting parallels could be drawn between Pokemon and Harry Potter. Just like how wizards are basically humans with special powers, one can justifiably call Pokemon superpowered animals. Hence, I decided to take the concept of Pokemon and insert it into the Potterverse. This seemed more dramatically effective than inserting wizardry into the Pokemon world, as the nucleus of Rowling's world - basically just Hogwarts and Magical London - was geographically smaller, and allowed for a greater network of interaction between my RP members' characters.

In order to reconcile these two contemporary traditions, I needed to set a premise that allowed these two concepts to co-exist. For me, this meant writing my own version of the creation myth, which goes like this:

1. Arceus created Legendary Pokemon, who created the world.
2. Arceus breathed onto Earth, causing Pokemon to emerge from nature. Pokemon were magical creatures.
3. Arceus fashioned the first man and woman, who were a wizard and witch respectively. They lived in harmony with Pokemon and nature.
4. Unfortunately, it turns out that magic is genetically recessive. The first humans produced two children: one was a wizard and the other was the world's first Squib.
5. Full of bitterness, the Squib's tribe turned against the magical tribes, driving them into hiding. Wizardkind chose to hide instead of fight out of their desire to remain at peace.
6. Once wizardkind retreated into the hidden parts of the earth, Pokemon responded to the split by going into hiding as well.
7. Eventually, the split became so strong that areas inhabited by Squibs lost magic altogether. Pokemon that lived within these regions lost their magic and became ordinary animals, and magic eventually faded out from the Squibs altogether such that they became Muggles.
8. Meanwhile, wizardkind and Pokemon live side by side, away from the Muggle eye.

That's it! :D

This isn't really a strict crossover, but I am in the process of thinking a Fire Emblem: Binding Blade story in a present-day Pokémon game. Roy, Lilina are Pokémon trainers, who are in their final days in the Royal Academy of Pokémon. The will be sent to flight against the Draconians who usurped the republican government of Berlin (Bern in the original games). The Draconians - which is a Neo-Nazi militant group that wants to revive ancient Dragon-types - will include Zephyr, Murdock and others, also as Pokémon trainers.

Geographically, there will be a huge amount of reinterpretation from the original Elibe continent. Lycia will be transplanted into Poke-Southern France as Lycie in French, bordering Kalos on the north, and Etruria on the east. Etruria will occupy roughly where the Italian peninsula is in real-life. Ilia will be Switzerland due to the large number of mercenaries in the original games. Finally, Bern from the original will be Berlin, which is essentially Germany. I've still yet to figure out how to work the Scourage from the original game. It will probably be something similar to the religious wars that ravaged across Europe in 16-18th Centuries, maybe.

And the above is the game version. I'm also thinking about a version incorporating the Pokémon Anime. In this version, Team Rocket (a right-wing (uyoku) restorationist political/terrorist organization in the story) takes over Poke-Japan, and joins forces with the Draconians (basically somewhat like World War II) and many of the main characters from Shoyo (昇陽国) Poke-Japan (including Ash himself) joins in the liberation effort with Roy. It starts from the end of the Kalos league in which Ash finally wins (huzzah!) and returns to Kanto for a celebration, only for that celebration to be cut short,b y Giovanni taking control of the majority of Kanto. Serena, Bonnie, Clemont are all stranded in Pallet Town - what will they do?

The Allies (including, but not limited to):
  • Lycia: House of Phaere (Roy, Eliwood et al), House of Ostia (Lilina, Hector)
  • Etrurian Loyalists: Church of Arceus/Emiline (Saul*, Dorothy, Jodel), Etrurian army (King Mordred, Etrurian President, Cecilia, Perceval, Douglas et al)
  • Republican/Loyalist Berlin - Berlinian Chancellor, Guinevere, Ellen (and eventually Milady, Zeiss)
  • Kalos - Ash Ketchum (also Kanto), Calem, Serena, Bonnie, Shauna, Trevor, Tierno, all of the Gym Leaders (inc Clemont) + Elite Four + Diantha*, Kalosian President
  • Loyalist/Free Poke-Japan/Shoyo (main cast is Kanto-Johto but may also include Hoenn and Shinnoh) - Leanne (who is the Anime-equivalent of Leaf), Gary Oak, Dr Samuel Oak, Tracey, Brock, Misty, Sabrina, Morty, Chuck, Claire, Koga, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, Steven, May, Norman, Shoyoese Prime Minister, Emperor Hirohito
  • Pokemerica/United States of Columbia - Lt Surge, Fantina (originally from Shinnoh in Pokémon), Wes, Michael, Iris, Drayden, Elesa, Skyla, Marlon, Columbian President

Draconians/Shoyoese Imperialists:
  • Draconians - Zephyr, Desmond, Murdoch, Brenya, Narcian, Flare, Zager* (from Team Rocket)
  • Etrurian Facist Party - Aracard, Roartz et al
  • Team Rocket - Giovanni, HGSS Admins, Zager* (see above), Atilla, Hun, Annie*, Oakley*, Butch, Cassidy, TRio

(*) indicates that these characters will have important cross-canon relationships for this crossover
Bold faces are originals
Italics are the ones appearing in the Anime version only

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom