• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

D/P Girl...replacing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Brock but I think he needs a break.

He got a break during the Orange Islands and came back to Johto fresher and generally just a better character to watch - not to mention they had more ideas for him after not writing for him for a while.

Unless the character's name is Tracey, however, I don't think people should be worried that just because their favourite character may not make it into the main cast for the next series that we'll pretty much never see them again. I'd say it's likely that we'll see another set of Chronicles/Hosos episodes for D/P as we did after R/S for those characters to continue. And if they leave at the beginning of the next series, they may still return later in it.

Personally I think May leaving isn't that unlikely as she CAN continue her contest quest without Ash. In fact they could cover a seperate May quest almost entirely through occasional Hosos (though more of them than we have had for Hoenn) and essentially give her that spin-off anyway.

Although if Hikari was brought in as a full established Rival for Ash, I'd be happy anyway - he needs one after pretty much having nothing throughout the entirity of Hoenn.

Either way, however, I want Max to go more than anything x.x. They could have dumped him with Professor Oak at the start of Battle Frontier and didn't! Pray to the lords that they do it this time round >_>.

Just as I said, I'm sure the writers don't care about ships. It was probley one of the last things that were on there mind when they put DPgirl in the Anime.

Also, there is as much proof that DPgirl will be part of the team as there is that she will be the rival, which is no proof. I'm just stating my opinion and so are you.

We don't know what they'll be doing, they might not even be collecting badges. We don't know enough about her to say weither or not she would be a low leveled character or high leveled character. So, untill we find out more about her and the plot, I can't prove you wrong, you can't prove me wrong.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Team Rocket perhaps being replaced by some new Galaxy Goons....

Named Nell and Buzz....

Habunake said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Team Rocket perhaps being replaced by some new Galaxy Goons....

Named Nell and Buzz....

I imagine they'll just be treated like Team Magma/Aqua were.

Pie said:
At least May we have some evidence that points to her leaving - Brock is a total mystery, and the suspense is a killer.

Not really, it's just guesswork for all of them. People just think they can't have two girls on the cast at the same time because its never happened before.

I'd like them to break tradition. May/Drew/Harley have been the most popular characters of the show for the last several years, it would be a shame to see all three of them dropped.

See? I said that it's possible that the writers are going to try having two girls in the first half of that post.

There is more to suggest the possibility of May leaving but Brock certainly isn't any more secure.

Cheers to the off-chance, nay, near impossibility that Ash will finally leave the series. It'd provide a refreshing look at the anime, and I gotta believe I'm not the only one who could do with a new lead once the time for a new series arrives. But alas, it probably won't happen, and Ash will remain a far less than sapid part of the Pokemon anime for some viewers. Eh...

Ash is the representation of you as you play the Pokemon games. Pikachu is the face of the entire Pokemon franchise.

Lose either of those and BLAM, the 20 minute advertisment for the games just becomes a case of "Oh look, there's one of them creatures from y'know, that thing."

Whatever happens, Ash's role is pretty much secure. Stuff character or plot or loose ends or whatever, the simple fact of the matter is that he and Pikachu are the money spinning faces of Pokemon. You do not simply throw away a lisence to print money like that.

I just said this in the "Fate of May" Topic, but I think there is a chance that she'll just be added to the team. It'd be great also if they did because then they'd have another character with their own set of goals so there'd be more to do in the show (and potentially less fillers)

Doctor Oak said:
Ash is the representation of you as you play the Pokemon games. Pikachu is the face of the entire Pokemon franchise.

Lose either of those and BLAM, the 20 minute advertisment for the games just becomes a case of "Oh look, there's one of them creatures from y'know, that thing."

Whatever happens, Ash's role is pretty much secure. Stuff character or plot or loose ends or whatever, the simple fact of the matter is that he and Pikachu are the money spinning faces of Pokemon. You do not simply throw away a lisence to print money like that.

I think the franchise would last quite well without Ash and Pikachu. There's an established fanbase, certainly one strong enough that the franchise could survive some time longer on its hardcore or even partially dedicated audience. Ash and Pikachu are money-makers, to be certain, but I'm confident the series would live on in a healthy manner without the fanboy beloved duo.

The Ash and Pikachu formula has long become stale.

And yet if we have Hikari and Pachirisu it will be even worse...

I personally couldn't see them dumping Ash and Pikachu. I just don't think it would work without them.

I'm hoping for no one going, and pokemon learning how to deal with a cast so decent-sized they don't need to rely so much on characters-of-the-day. XD

I think that Brock has a higher chance of being dumped than May. After all, he's the Pewter City Gym Leader. Misty sure isn't coming back from the look of things, with the whole Cerulean City Gym to herself. Max might stay in Petalburg City (with his dad) or in Pallet Town (with Professor Oak or Tracey), and I highly doubt he'll come back. Ash's other Pokemon might not have a chance of coming back, since Ash's Charizard's got himself a mate and Ash's Butterfree also has a mate and is probably producing more Caterpies back in Viridian Forest or something. Maybe Butterfree might turn up in D/P saga, but the chances are very slim. In the meantime, I'd like to see May catch a Totodile or something in the next saga, and maybe that's what the writers are going for. May might evolve it into Feraligatr and get Combusken to evolve into Blaziken, unless that's not likely.

I don't know why I'm replying to this, but...
Clan rHrN said:
I think that Brock has a higher chance of being dumped than May. After all, he's the Pewter City Gym Leader.
No he isn't and he hasn't been since episode 5. He is a Pokémon Breeder and that means that he travels. Ash is a good friend to latch on to, so under the circumstances he is likely to stay. (We are obviously not including 'act of writer' in this.)
Misty sure isn't coming back from the look of things, with the whole Cerulean City Gym to herself.
And a sister who needs to be kept away from the badges. All it takes is one episode for the writers to bring her back if they want to.
Max might stay in Petalburg City (with his dad) or in Pallet Town (with Professor Oak or Tracey),
He was set up as an assistant to Professor Birch after Hoenn, though he'll probably continue to travel with May, especially if she does leave.
and I highly doubt he'll come back.
He might do if May is still around, though the writers would have to give him something new to do.
Ash's other Pokemon might not have a chance of coming back, since Ash's Charizard's got himself a mate and Ash's Butterfree also has a mate and is probably producing more Caterpies back in Viridian Forest or something.
Ash's Charizard will always battle with Ash when it is needed. But none of the Pokémon will return to his regular team and most of the ones Ash currently has will probably be left at Professor Oak's lab.
Maybe Butterfree might turn up in D/P saga, but the chances are very slim.
Very, very, very slim. Even if it isn't dead.
In the meantime, I'd like to see May catch a Totodile or something in the next saga, and maybe that's what the writers are going for.
She'll be catching 4th-generation Pokémon. I really don't see her getting a Totodile.
May might evolve it into Feraligatr and get Combusken to evolve into Blaziken, unless that's not likely.
There is a possibility of Combusken evolving but Feraligatr will never happen. It's interesting to note that Marina's Croconaw hadn't evolved into a Feraligtr, whereas the other protagonists of The Legend of Thunder both had fully evolved starters.

Ok.

May's Pokemon seem eerily similar to Ash's... (Blaziken/Pikachu)(Beautifly/Butterfree) (Bulbasaur/Bulbasaur) (Squirtle/Squirtle) (Munchlax/Snorlax)

So, May MIGHT get a Totodile in D/P saga...

And many fans dislike that fact.

If there is a G/S remake released during the next saga then she might get one of the starters again. If she does then Chikorita is my guess, only furthered by the fact that Ash's Chikorita is now a Bayleef.

Meh, I'd like to stick to Hikari getting her own series, while AG continues to follow the adventures of Ash and May.

If they can get an entire new studio to work on the new Hikari series, it will be plausible. But is she going to be the sole star? A female protagonist leading the series? I mean AG has had May, but Ash was still more important.

If Hikari gets her own show, it may be a new show aimed at girls.

Nothing like a teaser poster to send the entire anime community on its head.

FabuVinny said:
And many fans dislike that fact.

If there is a G/S remake released during the next saga then she might get one of the starters again. If she does then Chikorita is my guess, only furthered by the fact that Ash's Chikorita is now a Bayleef.

And she might also get Totodile (She didn't get Charmander or Cyndaqul in BF, did she? DURR!), and perhaps not evolve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom