• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

do you hide your passion for pokemon?

DO YOU HIDE THAT YOU PLAY

• Yes no one must know!!!

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • I only tell my friends/other fans

Votes: 106 39.4%
  • I talk about it once in a while and most people know it play

Votes: 79 29.4%
  • IM A LOUD AND PROUND FAN OF POKEMON TO EVERYONE!

Votes: 61 22.7%

• Total voters
Re: Do you hide in the poke-closet?

I am in a marching band, so a lot of us are cool enough to be playing Pokemon in the first place! I've also got a friend or two outside of it who play, and some who don't even play I share all my info with anyway. But I would NEVER tell a guy that I like that I play Pokemon...

^ OMG me is in a marching band too (because its a requirement0 but most kids are into those rated T/M games rather than those super cute E for everyone games...

I am in a marching band, so a lot of us are cool enough to be playing Pokemon in the first place! I've also got a friend or two outside of it who play, and some who don't even play I share all my info with anyway. But I would NEVER tell a guy that I like that I play Pokemon...

Lol i have never meet a girl who liked pokemon(well besides one but iv moved away from her) in real life.

but i do know there are other fans in my school but mostly there they 151 where the best the rest are all lies type

I definitely hide that I play. It's a secret.

I only tell if people ask me. My other friends (who are just as into Pokemon as I am) always think I've sold out when I don't proclaim it at the top of my lungs. :sweatlol:

I would end up showing how deep a fan I am of the series if given the subject to talk about. I don't talk much, though.

I'm in high school, so it is a little awkward to play pokemon..but I tell my friends that play pokemon and a couple of my closest friends that don't play.

Me:a kid.
Reaction of other kids if i show it:''Pokémon is idiotic and is for kiddies''
So i just show it to my best friends that are fans too.

I tried a little to show other people my interest in Pokemon. When I drew a small Pikachu in my art project, I did get people to say "Is that a Pikachu?" Well, that was it, really. There doesn't seem much to do but hide my interest in Pokemon because I don't think people really care about other's personal interest (unless they're close friends with each other or have to go through this trial or whatever).

Nobody except you guys and a couple of my friends know that I like Pokemon.

Yeah... Same here. I can't believe I'm 13 and some people on here that are in college have lots of friends who like Pokemon. It sucks. I only know ONE person that likes Pokemon above the age of 12. As for all ages, only about 7. My school sucks.

Most of the time, yes, I do. :-(

Unfortunately I'm not the most popular girl in school, though it has been worse... I still prefer to play safe. Some people can be really cruel, and I don't like to give them another trumph to play upon me, I'm not always in shape to shrug their offenses. However, among my closer friends who won't do more than a friendly mock, no problemo. Those are fine, even if sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who is still in the "dark side".

Fortunately, forums exist... :thumbup:

To most people yes, but not to my family. I wish I wasn't so afraid.

Loud and proud :)

No hiding for me. Didn't even try to hide it from anyone x3

EDIT: Oh. I already posted here? o_O /Awkward

Never had a problem hiding any of my likes from anyone, even during the years when appearing to be cool were "important".

I wouldn't begin a conversation by saying "Hi, how are you? I like Pokémon.", but if asked some of my favourite games or given an opportunity to remark upon my liking for the series during discussion then I would.

I'm starting to see lots of teenagers and young adults with pokewalkers these days.

I played Pokémon throughout all my life, I didn't care what people thought. When I walk to my lectures, when I wait for the lecturer to come in, during breaks, while cooking, while eating, while cleaning, while walking casually with my friends (multitasking!). I have never tried to hide the fact that I loved Pokémon, because I didn't care if people see me as immature for playing video games. I do whatever I want as long as it's legal.

During school Pokemon isn't brought up in any conversation so it's kinda like my guilty pleasure. :sweatlol:

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom