• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think Iris and Cilan would get along with Ash's older friends?

Cybersai

Reaction score
While its possible that Iris/Cilan will never meet any of Ash's older companions, let's just pretend that they could theoretically meet them at some point.

Would Iris get along with Misty, May or Dawn? Would Misty and Iris clash? Would Iris care about contests at all? Would Iris call Dawn "a kid" like Ash? Would Iris and May interact at all?

I think we can agree Cilan and Brock would probably wind up good friends, and would share cooking tips and recipies together. I imagine Cilan's interactions with Max would be interesting too, as he would be giving him tips for becoming a trainer.

What do you think about this theoretical scenario, even if Iris/Cilan never meet any of Ash's older friends in the anime?

Hey, what about interactions with the opposite sex? :p
Cilan, May and Dawn would be best gal pals, I would think XD It'd be interesting to see him interact with a girl that isn't from the wild side. I can especially see Dawn and Cilan hitting it off since they both have a penchant for the exquisite and sparkly.

Cilan and Misty would go FISHING together, most definitely. I think they can have a contest to see whose lure ranks supreme (and maybe exchange a few water pokemon tips along the way).

Iris and Misty would find ways to rag on Ash, share anecdotes about their "kodomo" friend :D
Dawn had better hide her "cutesy" pokemon from Iris's iron hug XD

I can see Brock get a bit mad at Cilan if he ever got to see him at his home territory, the Striaton gym. I'm sure it'd be his dream to have a buncha screaming girls fawn over his every move XD

I've been wondering this for a while.

Misty and Iris could clash, but later on friends, because Iris could be jealous of Ash and Misty's friendship. Brock and Iris, because of their "doctor skills", I could see them act like brother and sister. Tracey and Iris....can't see. She would clash with May, resembling Iris/Langley, I have no idea why. Max and Iris...very little, but they would like each other.

Would Iris call Dawn "a kid" like Ash?
No, I can see them interact very well. Reminding me of Dawn/Lyra exept the whole "do you have a crush on Ash?" thing.

Cilan and Brock could particepate a cooking contest, as a combination team, which would make them even greater friends. Misty and Cilan would interact a little. Like Gliscor'd said, can see Cilan give Max advice for being a good Pokemon trainer. Cilan and Tracey...I think he would only say how Cilan likes his drawings and would begin to draw too: "It's drawing time!"

May and Dawn could interact with Cilan very well.

I've always pictured Brock being envious of Cilan because of all the girls he has cheering for him at the gym xP
I can't see Iris being interested in contests, but I can see Emonga and Pachirisu getting along (they're both cute electric squirrels xP)
Misty would probably pick up Iris' "kodomo ne"

I'm sure Takeshi would be very, very jealous of Dent and his brothers. :p But after Takeshi realizes that Dent isn't interested in women, he'll relax a bit around him and the two of them will exchange recipes.!

Dent isn't interested in women
^ *bows down*

I also think that Dento would be quite impressed with Brock's ability to sense the relationships and feeling between trainer and pokemon without being a sommelier (unthinkable!!) and maybe encourage another career change XD (Brock in a sommelier outfit *thumbs up*)

I am not sure how Iris would interact with coordinators. We know Iris likes cute pokemon, but it remains to be seen if she'd find the whole coordinator thing interesting. I can't really think of any possible interesting May/Iris interaction at all. Maybe if Iris and Max start picking on each other May would get involved, but May and Iris alone? Eh, I can't really see anything they would bond on.

Iris and Brock, maybe on the berry knowledge?

Dawn and iris would be a bad clashing i could see Dawn going off on how outlandish and how weird iris hair style is and how she doesnt act like a normal girl iris is just 2 wild to be a good thong around Dawn

I wonder if Iris and Misty would fight. Granted Misty and May's interaction was just dull and routine, they barely said more than a few lines together. And Misty never saw Dawn at all.

But would Misty and Iris clash? Misty doesn't seem to care about new girls traveling with Ash, but if she sees Iris calling Ash a kid, would she agree with her or find her annoying? And how would Iris respond?

May got along with Misty and Dawn just fine. I think they would too. A friend of Ash's would also be a friend of theirs, right?

I'm pretty sure Hikari and Iris would bond over their high-maintenance hairstyles.

"OOOH, YOUR HAIR IS SO SHINY, HOW DO YOU GET IT LIKE THAT!"
"A combination of some lesbian elbow grease, Potchama, panicking, and having no need to worry. What about you? What's the inspiration behind your hair?"
"Oh, me? Bird nests, mostly. Oh, and the little pigtails at the top look like ears!"
"Fascinating! Maybe I'll use a variation for my next contest!"

May got along with Misty and Dawn just fine. I think they would too. A friend of Ash's would also be a friend of theirs, right?

not necessarily a very good friend of my who is passive has a few friends who argued with me a lot. I mean those are very close friends of my but they are pretty mean a lot the time. So there's no reason to throw out the possibility that Tracey wouldn't think Iris was mean. But if this was on screen there is no possibility the writers would allow it.

1. Misty and May only ever said a few lines to each other. They may have "got along" but they hardly had any memorable interaction. Misty had more interaction with Max than May. I honestly can't think of a single Misty/May scene aside from the Mastermind special, which may not be canon.

2. May and Dawn had better chemistry for obvious reasons.

And lastly, Iris is not Misty, so who is to say her interaction with May or Dawn would be the same? I think Iris and Misty might find each other annoying.

Depends on character and circumstances thy are put in.
With May and Dawn Iris would probably get along becoming good friends with same going for Cilan.Though i could see Iris and Dawn exchanging few tips about management of their hairstyles.

Cilan and Misty would most definitely find common language having some things they share which could lead to prtty good chemistry.They both can become fascinated over some things quickly and fishing seems to be one of their weak spots.I wander if some competition would arise between them when comparing their lures and which one is better.

With Iris there could be some clashes between her and Misty.While Misty matured over time she is still quite hotheaded having tendency to explode if you push her buttons like some episodes in chronicles or cameos showed.Iris catchphrase "kodomo ne" and bratty behavior at times could clash with Misty spunky attitude and give her some material to tease about which would lead to annoyance between two.But in end they would be just fine.

Brock and Cilan could become "best pals"exchanging tips about preparation of food and cooking,Though than again Brock could become little jealous which could lad to chef contest in end resulting in strong friendship between those two.

1. Misty and May only ever said a few lines to each other. They may have "got along" but they hardly had any memorable interaction. Misty had more interaction with Max than May. I honestly can't think of a single Misty/May scene aside from the Mastermind special, which may not be canon.

In my opinion while nothing spectacular they had had pretty good chemistry.There was memorable interacting in Mastermind special and in Misty cameos May seemed fascinated over her which grew later in solid friendship being filled with mutual support and respect.

While not necessary if characters have something in common it certainly helps in developing good chemistry being on of reasons why Misty had some good bonding with Max.And with Iris since they share some things in common could allow for worthwhile dynamic between them.

Last edited:
Even if they don't all share the same likes or if anyone teases another, I really don't see why they wouldn't.

I can easily picture Tracey and Cilan getting along very well.

I think Iris and Misty would clash, having many similarities, especially them both being fiery, but would eventually team up and destroy mess with Ash's had a bit. Brock and Tracey would be like replacements for Chili and Cress, lol. I could see them going everywhere together, with Brock trying to mooch off of Cilan's fangirls. Max would well, just ride with Cilan, I can see him acting like Tracey did to Oak. Brock and Cilan would compete, no doubt, but they would have the closest bond out of the four.

Why do people think Misty and Iris will "gang up" on Ash?

Firstly, I think Misty might be annoyed with Iris' attitude toward Ash. Misty is a lot more calmed down now and isn't like she was in the early seasons, so who is to say she won't find Iris irritating?

I also think Misty would be impressed by Cilan's fishing lure, for obvious reasons...LOL.

Why do people think Misty and Iris will "gang up" on Ash?

Firstly, I think Misty might be annoyed with Iris' attitude toward Ash. Misty is a lot more calmed down now and isn't like she was in the early seasons, so who is to say she won't find Iris irritating?

I think that that "ganging up" on Misty's side won't be nearly as "malicious" or serious as Iris's criticisms. She'd just play along because I think that Iris would remind her of herself when she was that hypercritical of him. Surely she couldn't resist fitting a few jabs at Ash for old time's sakes.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom