• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think Jessie will continue with contests next generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do you think Jessie will continye with contests next generation?

I disagree. I think Scott's idea of her not knowing Contests aren't in the region until they get there makes the most sense. That way she can just be mad about it for a bit, then hope that the next place they go has Contests.

I like this idea too, but I was hoping for something more dramatic. But now that I think about it, it could cause some drama for a bit because she will be upset that she has to stop.

Actually, if it does happen like you said, it's not like she has to give up on contests permanently, she is just "taking a break" from them for awhile until Ash moves to a region that has contests.

I never thought about it this way before but it makes more sense to think about her taking a break from them for awhile instead of giving up on them forever. I could see the writers opting for that.

I like this idea too, but I was hoping for something more dramatic.

And as much as I'd love that, I just can't see it happening. If Musashi didn't even get her own episode for her 5th ribbon, I can't see this getting much, if any focus either.

I have a feeling this topic will be much easier to answer after the GF is over. We should get a good gauge on what the writers plans for Musashi are.

They still should get at least a little more eps that focus on them... they ARE part of the main cast

Agreed. They're side characters, but that doesn't mean they aren't incapable of doing more without hogging lots of spotlight.

Musashi said:
I disagree. I think Scott's idea of her not knowing Contests aren't in the region until they get there makes the most sense. That way she can just be mad about it for a bit, then hope that the next place they go has Contests.

I can see that happening, provided there are no contests...

Why would she all of a sudden randomly stop? Especially now that she's actually winning some Contests and even got to the GF
(and no, I don't think it's possible we won't have Contest next gen)

bc she failed look at how many she has lost and dawn

bc she failed look at how many she has lost and dawn

still, it brought huge character developpement to Jessie, in Hoenn she just cheated and only did contests to get rich and famous. Now she takes it really seriously and wants to win her ribbons by her own merit, so much, she even considered giving one away. Contests have brought a lot of amazing character moments for Jessie... so it would really be OOC to just flat out stop.

even if she loses or wins she still has her failure job of attempting to steal *insert today's pokemon here*

Contests have brought a lot of amazing character moments for Jessie... so it would really be OOC to just flat out stop.

There's no other way around it if the next female protagonist is not a coordinator.

Jessie's contest career, at least while the show is still going, will come to a screeching halt at the end of DP if the next main girl does not do contests.

At that point maybe in the epilogue of the show we'll see Jessie do contests again, but god knows when that is. The show could go on for another 10 years for all we know, and that means Contests wouldn't have been part of her character for the next 10 years and it'll be all but forgotten.

she has to join the Grand Festival tooo... Pleasseeee,,, I want Jessie on the Grand Festival..

oh, a spoiler, sorry, because i'm watching the series, and i'm still in the battle dimension, ahia,

We don't. That's why I still have high hopes that she's the one who gets to whip Kenny's ass.

Ooh, axe Brock, and bring in the Gen V boy as a Coordinator/Trainer. Ash and Dawn could be like a father and mother big brother/sister mentor to him. That way, Jessie can continue her Contests!

Or, Jessie could become the Grand Festival Champion and decide to retire from contests while at her peak. And then for old time's sake, in the next series we could have a contest episode with all the main contest girls re-united.

Personally, I don't even think contests will continue next generation.

Or, Jessie could become the Grand Festival Champion and decide to retire from contests while at her peak. And then for old time's sake, in the next series we could have a contest episode with all the main contest girls re-united.

Impossible.

Impossibilty is only a theory. :spin:

I mean, Jessie won contests so quickly lately, perhaps it was originally intended that she keep on losing. But then they found out Black and White wouldn't have any contests or that it was being released early so they then quickly rewrote their storyboards to include what they wanted. This is a theory though.

It isn't when you know who gets into the final in the first place. Out of the two people in the final, Jessie isn't one of them.
Touché

Well I suppose she'll just retire, or the writers will half-ass something convincing if there are no more contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom