• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you want to see the original Kanto episodes remade?

NOOOOOOOOOO

if they remade the episodes the will kill every good thing in pokemon!!!!

because it will be like DP and BW,they will remove all thing that where deleted by 4kids,all characters will be colorful with BIG bubble lifeless eyes !!! oh no
if they did this I will throw myself out of the window !!!

Where is everyone getting 82.... I always thought it was 72. minus the banned 3 for a total of 75. anyway, it would be a very interesting fan project I think, but not likely on any front. I enjoyed the ten year anniversary episode, mainly because of misty's return

Kanto has 83 episodes. Also the 10th anniversary episode was considered a waste by most fans.

I don't remember any 10th anniversary episode. What was it about and can I see it online?

Cant say i would see much purpose behind it. Kanto would still have same storyline, cast and events and i actually think how old animation style fits it better than digitally remastered version adding to uniqueness and nostalgia first season of pokemon has to it.

I guess new animation would portray battles in better light but im perfectly fine with older format under which episodes are aired, being one of its charming points.

Now i wont deny how i would like that first season and original cast gets some recognition/something special but that should happen by creating new episodes with them giving us new material. I always thought reuniting original trio for last saga would be worth seeing leaving big impact. Instead of remaking first season which not only would cost lot of money but also turn away fans from it with Kanto being so much liked exactly because of its "imperfections" which are viewed as qualities.

Kanto has 83 episodes. Also the 10th anniversary episode was considered a waste by most fans.

Im not sure from where such conclusions are draw, but that isn't true at all. Majority appreciated that writers decided to reunite all Ash past and current traveling companions at one place for special, receiving recognition. It was nice way to mark 10 years of pokemon existence.
Plot was not bad either, and only thing which bothered viewers were rather awful voices for most characters.

I don't remember any 10th anniversary episode. What was it about and can I see it online?

The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special was the 10th anniversary. Its mostly hated because of the first time we hear the new VA's in the dub due to how lackluster they were at the start, but otherwise the plot is pretty bad too.

Misty and May both act out of character, (Misty calls herself Ash's rival and calls Ash "mister smartypants," and May says, "See, I can do the right thing."

Absolutely disgusting dialogue. I felt like I was watching some 10 year olds Pokeshipping fanfiction made into an anime episode.

[

The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special was the 10th anniversary. Its mostly hated because of the first time we hear the new VA's in the dub due to how lackluster they were at the start, but otherwise the plot is pretty bad too.

Maybe to you. I actually thought how concept about mysterious professor which tries to turn data into real pokemon with help of holograms was quite creative storyline and i enjoyed in Misty and prof. Oak coming there being nice throwback to past. Battle against Mewtwo was good too.

Only real flaw was way in which character voices were portrayed, but everything else gets passing grade.

Misty and May both act out of character, (Misty calls herself Ash's rival and calls Ash "mister smartypants," and May says, "See, I can do the right thing."

That doesn't make any sense. Misty always liked to rub on Ash doing it several times in OS, in Hoenn when making cameos etc with teasing being one of basic traits about character, and calling herself Ash rival was within character too because from Kanto to Johto she always tried to portray herself as "better battler" with competition/rivalry existing between them whenever battling, arguing etc.

Absolutely disgusting dialogue. I felt like I was watching some 10 year olds Pokeshipping fanfiction made into an anime episode.

Oh that one, I know what you mean now. Yeah I saw that and thought it was quite good personally.

How sad, I saw the series on TV. between a few missed episodes and an incomplete OS on tape, I had an incorrect number. I think the dubbing can be ignored in the special as well, but a good story overall. It is a kid's story. I mean I don't expect the same from the Kenshin OVA as I do from a pokemon episode.

The banned episodes should be remade. I can never watch the Dratini one without running into problems with my computer not downloading the player that can play it.

I wish they'd bring the kanto episodes out on dvd/blu-ray here in the UK!! I had them on VHS but then my player packed up!! It's not fair!!!!

I personally think that rather than remaking or re-editing the original Kanto episodes in a similar vein to Dragon Ball Z Kai, I think they should just reboot the anime completely, and make it a bit more serious.

Depends on what you mean by "remade"

Redub? Only if they take out the jelly donuts (I find that joke not funny).
Digital remaster (à la Dragon Box)? Definitely. The old show would look awesome in HD. (they could cut the flashing lights and purple up Jynx while they're at it. I heard it offended a few people.)
Actually making the episodes from scratch (DBZKai-style or otherwise)? Pointless. Time could be better spent making new episodes.

I'm all in for Pokemon Kai!! If I can finally see some real HD and some vintage trio action then HELL YEA

No to remakes.

Do not touch the greatness that was, "jelly doughnuts."

In all seriousness, I hope they don't. In a nostalgic sense, those episodes were perfect.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom