• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you want to see the original Kanto episodes remade?

Noooo. Aside from that taking a long time that could be spent for something new, I just wish Japan would release the original (and only) Kanto episodes on DVD and/or Blu Ray, and restore the picture quality as well as they can for the duller-looking episodes- well, surely they'd do that for Blu Ray. (But considering the earthquake/tsunami incident last March, would something like "Tentacool and Tentacruel" fly these days in Japan? That's something I've been thinking.)

One ep down, yo...

And the little bit of the imagery I've seen of it shows the ep looks sweeeeeeeeet...

It's just the original film restored, by the looks of things. Nothing redrawn or reanimated. Even watching it on Keyhole, the colours were a lot more vibrant (or at least, moreso than my memory is letting on) than those of the original, in any case. Particularly noticeable when they air part of original Orange Island footage after the episode finishes.

How's the film quality? Did they attempt to reduce the grain noise at all?

I can only find the one image of the episode (I'm sure more will turn up later)
Remaster:
Cap20120401-073612-464.jpg

DVD release:
vqHdJ.jpg

Seems they've gained back a little bit beyond the 4:3 frame in remastering it, but not enough to give it a widescreen treatment.

Here's a list compiled by Sunain on pocketmonsters.net that compared a 2005 Japanese DVD to the remastered version:
Pok

Looks like the remastered version is the pre-Porygon version of the episode.

Is it a shame that I love Spearow's old color better? The pink beaks made them more adorable and menacing in my opinion. And brown feathers made them look more natural :p.

Anyways, regardless the remastered episode looks absolutely fantastic. Even though there would be some fan backlash against remastered episodes I may probably join(such as the episodes losing their more "organic" look since they don't look like they are colored on old cels, because they aren't, they are recolored on computing machine thingies, duh), the better picture quality is simply amazing. It allows people to see the itsy bitsy little details animators put in them more clearly.

As a side note, this shows me that the increased amount of front teeth that was shown whenever a character opens his/her mouth with the female rival trio of Best Wishes doesn't come from animators liking Bianca's probably intentional goofy teeth on Sugimori artwork, but was present ever since the first episode. I feel so dumb right now. I was annoyed for no good reason apparently.

To iterate, asking for episodes that aren't available legally even if it IS the Smash episode is still not allowed, guys.

No, i loved kanto and would not change it for anything. It was not flawless by any means but there are so many great memories with it, i just wouldn't change it.

A complete re-write of not just Kanto but the entire series would be interesting but it would never happen, thats what fanfiction is for. If it did happen we would see Gen II-IV pokemon in the first series and when it comes to things like the pokedex, there would be no need for upgrades and all Eeveelutions would be mentioned in the pokedex in the Eevee episode.

Actually...yes, I do.

I'd like to see the Gym Leaders treated as more than glorified characters of the day who often GIVE Ash their badges for doing some good deed, use the REAL Team Rocket, give Ash and Gary an actual rivalry, use the Elite 4, and have Giovanni fucking DO something!

I know there's no point. And yes, I too liked the Kanto era's anything goes wackiness and how it had an edge to it the series lost almost immediately (thanks 4Kids!), but a better story and use of ready to use characters instead dealing with a lot of random (and annoying) nonsense would be nice. (Hell, that was on the reasons I loved DP so)

No. I don't think the Pokemon anime needs to remake old episodes, and I have no desire to see a pseudo-attempt of the original trio reunited either.

Where is everyone getting 82.... I always thought it was 72. minus the banned 3 for a total of 75. anyway, it would be a very interesting fan project I think, but not likely on any front. I enjoyed the ten year anniversary episode, mainly because of misty's return

Where is everyone getting 82.... I always thought it was 72. minus the banned 3 for a total of 75. anyway, it would be a very interesting fan project I think, but not likely on any front. I enjoyed the ten year anniversary episode, mainly because of misty's return

Kanto has 83 episodes. Also the 10th anniversary episode was considered a waste by most fans.

To go back on what I said before...

What'd the Dragon Box treatment go like compared to the first Pokemon episode? The Dragon Ball Z episodes from Dragon Box look rich with color but the series still looks old (which I prefer over the episodes getting remade- what happened with ep 1 of Pokemon was nice to see though, in any case).

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom