• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Does Gender matter to you?

Which gender do you prefer?

• Male

Votes: 72 19.7%
  • Female

Votes: 46 12.6%
  • Mix

Votes: 247 67.7%

• Total voters
Gender matters to me because when I play my games, I'm usually playing as my OC on it... so... I mean, if I catch a Pokémon on the game, I'd like to make sure that it's the correct gender that I made their Pokémon already ^^; Unless they don't have the Pokémon already when I had drawn and planned them out... then I don't really care.

I like to have 3 males and 3 females, always, in my party. So, it doesn't reeeeeeeeaaaaally matter.

I chose Female because I feel like it makes breeding easier. I know you need one of each gender to breed, but once I have the female, it makes it much simpler to find a compatible male to pass on the egg moves.

As for my team, doesn't matter to me. :)

This. It's nice to be able to breed your favourite pokemon. For example, in pearl my favourite pokemon was a Furret, female. For its offspring, that I now use in Platinum, I could choose the father, giving it the right moves to use etc etc.

I know I could just have caught a female Furret and done the same but it wouldn't feel as fun that way. Now it feels more like... mine :).

What's wrong with Male Lopunnies and Female Lucarios?!

or male gardevoirs? I say nothing, because I'm open-minded! But some conservative people aren't and make big problems out of it, which is also probably the sole reason that lame Gallade was made.

^I don't think Gallade is lame, though I get your poinmt. And yes, it isn't as awesome as Garevoir.

Not really to me. I just almost always choose the female character, because she looks better than the male. As fer Pokemon, I don't care, but I normally find a good load of females on my team.

I don't really care which gender of Pokemon I get until breeding comes into play, or unless I want a Pokemon like Froslass or Gallade.

But I end up carrying mostly male teams anyway because I seem to encounter male Pokemon more.

When I was younger, I preferred female Pokémon. Right now, I just don't care. Most of my Pokémon in my HGSS team are male.

I've tended towards all-female teams recently. Dunno why, but quite a few of my favourites are female-only species like Miltank and Kangaskhan, while others are feminine looking Pokemon such as Mawile and Gardevoir. That said, I also enjoy Pokemon that don't look like their assigned gender... I've had a male Gardevoir and Lopunny, and it's now tradition for me to have a female Machamp in every game...

I prefer having male Pokemon on my team, but I include females only if:
-I don't want to spend the rest of my life looking for a rare male Pokemon
-The Pokemon is female-only

Don't care at all, unless I try and do some breeding, and that's usually for me to just port to a new game, and even then ditto makes gender not matter >_>

I just catch whatever gender I catch, infatuation is so uncommon to deal with that I don't bother worrying about it.

For my team, I don't really care, but in fanfic, some of the Pokemon will have stereotyped genders that I use.

For example, Ken's Skarmory is female, Rachel's Buoysel is male, Rachel's Gabite is male, etc.
Oh wait, no, that's a toss-up as well. Hikaru has a male Bayleef. They'll have a gender pair of Dratini later on, a Dratino and a Dratina.

If those aren't ordinary at all, tell me.

If it were Gen.1 and Gen.2, then I'd be looking for males because of the Attack IV.

I use a mix of both. I don't have a preference to either of them.

I usually end up with a mostly male team. I also try to make the Pokemon's gender match somewhat with their species.

Female Machamp... -shudder-

I usually end up with a mostly male team. I also try to make the Pokemon's gender match somewhat with their species.

Female Machamp... -shudder-

I saw a picture of that once... it wasn't that bad.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom