• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP005: Naetle! I'll Get You!

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
What can be said about the preview? There's lots and lots of fighting including an explosive Volt Tackle. And the character of the day is an old lady if anyone's interested.

Ash's Naetle seems to have the exact oppsite personality to the Naetle we saw in Professor Nanakamado's lab. It is extremely active and seems to eat more since it tries to eat both Ash's hat (watch out Aipom) and Pikachu's tail in the short sample we see!

The images at the start and end of this preview are taken from the ending. Personally, I preferred the AG-like Palkia and Dialga from the last one.

Don't forget that this episode airs in two weeks (on the 19th) since there is baseball on TV Tokyo next week.

Can we really wait 2 weeks?

This episode seems like it'll be quite good. It looks like a good battle between Pikachu and Naetle. I wonder who the old lady is though.

The old lady and the house kinda makes me think about the episode where Ash got bulbasaur and a bit of teh Mudkip episode. The way she was talking to the cast group when Neatle's leaf started glowing just makes me think that she kinda watches over the Neatle and that seeing it's the only other pokemon and its biting problem it may be like an outcast.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this was another rehashed capture story, where some previous person "knows" the starter that Ash eventually gets.

On a random note, according to Dogasu's site this will be the last episode of season nine. I wonder when CN will air it...

Did any one see the episode yet? Please post spoilers, do Hikari and Ash get into another fight?

Episode pictures are up at pocketmonsters.net and judging by those, Hikari and Ash didn't have any fight. But there sure was a lot of stuff going on o_O

FabuVinny said:
On a random note, according to Dogasu's site this will be the last episode of season nine. I wonder when CN will air it...

Well, it will be if they count the Deoxys Crisis two-parter as two episodes. If they count it as a TV special, though, the last episode of the season will be DP 007.

They will probably air it along with the other Shinou Episodes, and will take a break after the last BF episode.

Ash gets his fourth grass type, poor Bayleef is going to be ignored even more now. :/

It's official...

Masukippa is f'ing awesome! Despite the animators not being able to decide what the hell it should look like.

Is it me, or is the Animation more fluid (not exactly more detailed, but flows better)?

I love Naetle! He (pretty obviously male if you hear his voice) was kind yet tough. He reminded me of a mix of Fushigidane and Kimori. I can see him evolving fairly early, as it seems he already has good experience.

And he knows Synthesis. :)

The animation in this episode was much, much better than in DP004.

Yeah, very cool ep. Naetoru has endeared itself to me already with its personality and range of emotions. It's already a good battler too. Sort of slow, just like in the games even, but it looks like it can take a pounding, especially with Synthesis.

Considering Misty didn't come back, and was replaced with yet another female heroine from the games, I'm right about a number of other things too. :eek:

Seriously, it is pretty easy to make a prediction on how episodes will play out after 450+ of them. It's just the same show remixed over and over again.

*sigh* How many possible capture scenarios can there be, anyway? Of course there are going to be a few similar ones. This word "rehash" is being thrown around like rice at a wedding, and it's really getting annoying.

re·hash (r-hsh) Pronunciation Key Audio pronunciation of "rehash" [P]
tr.v. re·hashed, re·hash·ing, re·hash·es

1. To bring forth again in another form without significant alteration: rehashing old ideas.

WordNet - Cite This Source

rehash

n : old material that is slightly reworked and used again; "merely a dull rehash of his first novel" v 1: present or use over, with no or few changes 2: go back over; "retrograde arguments"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rehash

Yeah, the animation was better, but not THAT much. ^^;

But I agree, Naetle is just friggin' adorable. One episode and I love the little guy.

It's way more fluid, like when Pikachu hit Naetle back and it did some flips and launched an attack.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom