• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP046: Shuffle in the Maze! Everyone Hustle!!

Adamant

Reaction score
Apparantly while crossing the Tengan mountain, our heroes become separated, and wind up in a massive maze complex filled with angry rock pokemon. Seems like a rather promising humor-oriented episode in my eyes.

This episode will air September 13th.

Lots of old Kanto rock Pokemon.

I see Onix is making his 10 billionth appearance in the anime. Give or take a few, but this thing and Steelix keep getting shoved down our throats every couple of months.

Doesn't seem like any new D/P Pokemon are debuted in this ep, unfortunately.

Pochama and Buoysel seems to getting along now. Seems like Hikari is all on her own in this ep.

I wonder if they'll have to find anything since it seems that it may focus on the dowsing machiene.

Ah, it definitely looks like a fun, humour oriented episode. Too bad it's pretty much filler.

So it seems that besides Dawn, everybody gets stuck with everyone else's Pokemon, and from first impressions, it seems the groups are:
1. Ash, Piplup, Buizel, Sudowoodo, and Pachirisu
2. Brock, Aipom, Turtwig, and Staravia
3. Dawn
4. Pikachu, Buneary, and Happiny
5. Croagunk?

Pikachu and Buneary? Que the shipping discussion
--
They could also look after Happiny like loving parents. Aww... *shoots pikachu* gawd I hate that thing.

Hopefully we'll see a bit more personality of Buneary than just her fangirly nature. The preview did show her, Happiny and Pikachu eat flowers, where Buneary enjoyed it while Pikachu apparently tried to force itself to seem like it enjoyed it too.

So this is a wild assumption, but maybe Buneary has this type of personality where she knows how to fend for herself and settle with what she can get from the enviornment around her, whereas Pikachu is so "spoiled" so it isn't used to eat stuff like flowers (anymore).

Well hey, it'd be cute and a nice touch to Buneary's personality, for me at least :]

Ash being with pretty much all of Dawn's Pokémon - minus Buneary - and Usokki (hah, dubname slipped my mind) seems interesting.
Dawn having to fend for herself seems awesome.
And Brock being with all the rest - except Croagunk? - seems... I dunno, didn't get much from the preview there.

I love these episodes where the gang gets split up - nice opportunity to have the characters interact with others they'd otherwise not interact with generally.

Hopefully we'll see a bit more personality of Buneary than just her fangirly nature. The preview did show her, Happiny and Pikachu eat flowers, where Buneary enjoyed it while Pikachu apparently tried to force itself to seem like it enjoyed it too.

So this is a wild assumption, but maybe Buneary has this type of personality where she knows how to fend for herself and settle with what she can get from the enviornment around her, whereas Pikachu is so "spoiled" so it isn't used to eat stuff like flowers (anymore).
I'm pretty sure they're just playing house. You know, having flowers stand in as food. Look closely; they didn't actually put the flowers into their mouths.

I'm pretty sure they're just playing house. You know, having flowers stand in as food. Look closely; they didn't actually put the flowers into their mouths.

Hm, and me who thought it was just a matter of lazy animation ^^;;;

*gets shot for thinking that*

Ah well, there goes my wild assumption. XD
Happiny is a typical baby at least then, methinks.

Apparantly while crossing the Tengan mountain, our heroes become separated, and wind up in a massive maze complex filled with angry rock pokemon. Seems like a rather promising humor-oriented episode in my eyes.
Judging by the description alone, this episode sounds like a fun mix between "A Hole Lotta Trouble" and "Hooked On Onyx".

In other words, I think this episode is gonna be both awesome and hilarious!! :-D

I am so gonna get shot down for this...

Perhaps Ash or Brock catch a Rhyhorn in this episode? That would lead to the possibility of one of them getting a Rhyperior towards the end of the series.

I am so gonna get shot down for this...

Perhaps Ash or Brock catch a Rhyhorn in this episode? That would lead to the possibility of one of them getting a Rhyperior towards the end of the series.

I don't think the preview showed one. Don't Rhyhorn usually show up in open fields?

Gaaah! Why are we having ANOTHER delay? This is seriously getting ridiculous. Seems like DP has crammed in more breaks since it started than AG had in it's entire run ><.

The preview for this episode looked pretty good. I wonder where this maze thing came from, and why it's there.

^ D/P is only going to have 2 new episodes during the entire month of September according to Bulbanews, this one and the one after about Wayward cave.

2 new episodes during an entire month...but I suppose the new Mystery Dungeon special kinda makes up for it.

it's still bullshit, especially considering that special probably accounts for a single episode (that, and DP seems to have few quality animators)... bah, 10th anniversary year my ass. -_-

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom